logo Sign In

Harmy's RETURN OF THE JEDI Despecialized Edition HD - V3.0 — Page 142

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve been having trouble trying to get the Google Drive / Uloz files to work for the 1080p version. It keeps telling me that the final file (part 6) is corrupted. Any ideas as to how I could fix this?

Boring conversation anyway…

Author
Time

hshayne5411 said:

I’ve been having trouble trying to get the Google Drive / Uloz files to work for the 1080p version. It keeps telling me that the final file (part 6) is corrupted. Any ideas as to how I could fix this?

Try the mega links. If it works, then leave a comment for Harmy on the Despecialized Facebook page.

Author
Time

Again, if it was a problem with the upload itself, I’d expect tons more people to report the same problem and the only person I know reported a similar problem said it was with part 5 of the UHD.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

(I posted this in A New Hope’s Despecialized thread, but in all my years of lurking on this forum I somehow never knew this thread existed. As it fits this thread better, I have decided to repost it here)

Hey Harmy!

Just posting here to let you know that the 5.1 mix for ROTJ 3.0 is a mix that contains the custom extended music cue “Message from a Jedi” by hairy_hen around the 46-minute mark. If I may be inclined I would like to request ROTJ 3.1 have the hairy_hen 5.1 mix without the “Message from a Jedi” cue muxed in addition to the previous mix.

Thanks for all the hard work that you do!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I would like to point out that many Blu-ray players hooked up to HDTV’s will not play video files encoded in H265 (my 4K Blu-ray player won’t, even though it’s a new model from only two years ago), so if you are going to use H265 at some point, please also make versions of the V3.1 MKV despecialized Return of the Jedi (and V3.0 of the first two films of the trilogy) encoded in H264 for compatibility with all Blu-ray players. Thanks for all the efforts, V3.0 looks great, Harmy! =) Also, thanks to those who worked hard on the film scans, audio tracks and subtitles! =)

The Star Wars trilogy. There can be only one.

Author
Time

So, I tried a few of the Google Drive links, but they are always down.

Then I tried the uloz links with the recommended tool. Both times, after completing the download, I’d try extracting the folder only to get a CRC error.

I used to have a MySpleen account but forgot my password and the security question reply, so that’s not an option either.

So, what are my options? Wait for it to be uploaded to 1337x?

Author
Time

Harmy said:

Harmy proudly presents…

RETURN OF THE JEDI - DESPECIALIZED EDITION HD v3.0

Here’s a list of all the audio options available in both the 4K and HD versions of Return of the Jedi Despecialized Edition v3.0.
Big thanks to hairy_hen, schorman, Mavimao and CatBus!

Forgive my ignorance, but I can’t seem to access this list. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find the list of audio options on 3.0? Thank you.

Author
Time

the list is in the published Doc with the links.
It’s also maybe in the .nfo file that comes with the links.

-TGWNN

Author
Time

Dammit. Every time I get an email from this thread, my stomach jumps…

It’s really sad when the “creative minds” behind something we hold dear are also guilty of its destruction.

Author
Time

Byakko said:

So, I tried a few of the Google Drive links, but they are always down.

Then I tried the uloz links with the recommended tool. Both times, after completing the download, I’d try extracting the folder only to get a CRC error.

I used to have a MySpleen account but forgot my password and the security question reply, so that’s not an option either.

So, what are my options? Wait for it to be uploaded to 1337x?

The first post of this thread, there’s a link to the “Ultimate Introductory Guide” (which now points to “HanDuet’s Guide”). Follow those steps to find alternative mega links.

Author
Time

Dunedain said:

I would like to point out that many Blu-ray players hooked up to HDTV’s will not play video files encoded in H265 (my 4K Blu-ray player won’t, even though it’s a new model from only two years ago), so if you are going to use H265 at some point, please also make versions of the V3.1 MKV despecialized Return of the Jedi (and V3.0 of the first two films of the trilogy) encoded in H264 for compatibility with all Blu-ray players. Thanks for all the efforts, V3.0 looks great, Harmy! =) Also, thanks to those who worked hard on the film scans, audio tracks and subtitles! =)

Is the 1080p version H264?

Author
Time

SnooPac said:

Byakko said:

So, I tried a few of the Google Drive links, but they are always down.

Then I tried the uloz links with the recommended tool. Both times, after completing the download, I’d try extracting the folder only to get a CRC error.

I used to have a MySpleen account but forgot my password and the security question reply, so that’s not an option either.

So, what are my options? Wait for it to be uploaded to 1337x?

The first post of this thread, there’s a link to the “Ultimate Introductory Guide” (which now points to “HanDuet’s Guide”). Follow those steps to find alternative mega links.

Mega didn’t work for me: the daily download limit is so small I can’t even get one 900MB file without being stopped at about the halfway point.

Author
Time

Same here. All of the direct downloads have problems. Maybe I should just go to the spleen and grab one of the torrents. I can’t wait for 3.1 anymore, lol.

It’s really sad when the “creative minds” behind something we hold dear are also guilty of its destruction.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Byakko said:

SnooPac said:

Byakko said:

So, I tried a few of the Google Drive links, but they are always down.

Then I tried the uloz links with the recommended tool. Both times, after completing the download, I’d try extracting the folder only to get a CRC error.

I used to have a MySpleen account but forgot my password and the security question reply, so that’s not an option either.

So, what are my options? Wait for it to be uploaded to 1337x?

The first post of this thread, there’s a link to the “Ultimate Introductory Guide” (which now points to “HanDuet’s Guide”). Follow those steps to find alternative mega links.

Mega didn’t work for me: the daily download limit is so small I can’t even get one 900MB file without being stopped at about the halfway point.

‘MEGAsync’ + VPN = FTW

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

Dunedain said:

I would like to point out that many Blu-ray players hooked up to HDTV’s will not play video files encoded in H265 (my 4K Blu-ray player won’t, even though it’s a new model from only two years ago), so if you are going to use H265 at some point, please also make versions of the V3.1 MKV despecialized Return of the Jedi (and V3.0 of the first two films of the trilogy) encoded in H264 for compatibility with all Blu-ray players. Thanks for all the efforts, V3.0 looks great, Harmy! =) Also, thanks to those who worked hard on the film scans, audio tracks and subtitles! =)

Is the 1080p version H264?

In the post quoted below, Harmy says he’s never done h265

Harmy said:

Yeah, the encoding could be better. I never encoded h265 before, so I could definitelly use some guidance.

I think the post you were quoting was in response to the potential of using h265 for a future (3.1?) release.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The UHD version is h265, I meant I had never encoded h265 before this release and I must have used the wrong settings, hence the compression artifacts.

The 1080p version is BD compatible h264.

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

Byakko said:

SnooPac said:

Byakko said:

So, I tried a few of the Google Drive links, but they are always down.

Then I tried the uloz links with the recommended tool. Both times, after completing the download, I’d try extracting the folder only to get a CRC error.

I used to have a MySpleen account but forgot my password and the security question reply, so that’s not an option either.

So, what are my options? Wait for it to be uploaded to 1337x?

The first post of this thread, there’s a link to the “Ultimate Introductory Guide” (which now points to “HanDuet’s Guide”). Follow those steps to find alternative mega links.

Mega didn’t work for me: the daily download limit is so small I can’t even get one 900MB file without being stopped at about the halfway point.

‘MEGAsync’ + VPN = FTW

I never used MEGAsync. How does it work, and why does it need a VPN?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

As MEGA puts limits on the amount you can download within a certain time frame, you can get around this with a VPN by constantly changing your IP address.

Author
Time

roy neary said:

As MEGA puts limits on the amount you can download within a certain time frame, you can get around this with a VPN by constantly changing your IP address.

Constantly? Every 5 gb’s downloaded you change your IP address to be precise.

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

roy neary said:

As MEGA puts limits on the amount you can download within a certain time frame, you can get around this with a VPN by constantly changing your IP address.

Constantly? Every 5 gb’s downloaded you change your IP address to be precise.

Precisely? I was crapping out with less than 5 GB on more than a few addresses. It was hit and miss finding good ones. I’m guessing others were using up the same ones as a lot of people were likely trying the same trick.

Author
Time

That guy with no name said:

Harmy said:

That guy with no name said:

Harmy said:

That would be great.

Just send me a DM when you finish v3.1 unless you want 3.0 on there aswell.

People are still having trouble downloading v3.0, so I guess it would be good.

alright, I guess I’ll start with that, downloading from mega now.
unless you can send them to me in a different way.

Hey did you ever get a link up and running on 1337x?

Boring conversation anyway…

Author
Time

I used to be able to upload at 1337x until a giant purge happened. I was demoted without explanation. Matter of fact, I can’t even ask what happened because you have to be at a certain level to even ask a question, lol.

It’s really sad when the “creative minds” behind something we hold dear are also guilty of its destruction.