Sign In

Harmy's RETURN OF THE JEDI Despecialized Edition HD (AVCHD DVD9 & NTSC DVD5 available!!! SEE FIRST POST!!!) — Page 110

Author
Time

djchaseb said:

Becas said:

Great, and somehow this isn’t deemed important enough to be anounced before people start downloading. Now I have a mixed bag of sets… what is the best aproach now to solve this.

Stop downloading .rars and grab a torrent. Do you need a spleen invite?

I could use a spleen invite is someone would be so kind. Thanks.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

djchaseb said:

Lapti Nek was the highlight for me. First time in my 33 years really “seeing” it. The detail is amazing!

Hear, hear. We have a beautiful home video release of Return of the Jedi now. It is qualitatively better than v1.0 because it’s more or less entirely HD material.

It’s crazy how big the difference is. I never knew I needed to see detail in Max Rebo, but it’s night and day from the blue blur he was before.

Author
Time

Becas said:

Great, and somehow this isn’t deemed important enough to be anounced before people start downloading. Now I have a mixed bag of sets… what is the best aproach now to solve this.

That’s an outage! I think Harmy owes you a refund of the full price that you paid him for the Jedi DeEd.

Author
Time

Harmy said:

Oh, also, if you open these two in separate tabs and switch between them, you can very nicely see that the matte painting was recomposited in the '04 (or maybe '97) version:
http://s3.picsurge.com/rrGUtW/Sequence 01.00_05_32_10.Still007.jpg
http://s3.picsurge.com/rrGUtW/Sequence 01.00_05_32_10.Still008.jpg

I will later probably post some comparisons between the raw LPP scan, the Grindhouse color correction and the v2.5 35mm shots.

I don’t think it’s a recomp, I think they just painted out the harsh edge on the right, since you can still see some edge on the left. That’s something I’ve never noticed before, though! Really cool to see.

Author
Time

Darth Mallwalker said:

towne32 said:

Another possibility is that Harmy did indeed upload a new set of rars at one point. If you took multiple days to download it, you may have gotten some from one set and some from another? Or your jdownloader links were not matched to your firefox ones.

Yes, definitely more than one rar set uploaded.
One at or before 2016-02-07 11:30 PST, another by 16:35.
Latter had some (but not all) changes to readme.txt

Yes, that’s why I’ve got checksum error.

But now I’m downloading the 19 GB MKV through public torrent method. I still prefer it over uloz.to, while there aren’t AVCHD torrents.

I’ve downloaded SW and ESB AVCHD ISOs, but now I’ve read NFOs carefully: the MKVs contain CLASSIC BRAZILIAN 1980s DUBS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I’m from Brazil (I don’t speak English very well) and Yoda’s voice (Magalhaes Graca) is so different than Frank Oz. Graca did a unique acting. Everybody who watched the movies before 1997 got used to his “old-man” and “cleaner” voice, I think it seems cleaner than Oz and later dubbings that are closer to Oz’s voice.

Author
Time

gltaylor74 said:

djchaseb said:

Becas said:

Great, and somehow this isn’t deemed important enough to be anounced before people start downloading. Now I have a mixed bag of sets… what is the best aproach now to solve this.

Stop downloading .rars and grab a torrent. Do you need a spleen invite?

I could use a spleen invite is someone would be so kind. Thanks.

Oh don’t go rewarding his whining with a spleen invite, what are the odds he’ll be a constructive member of that community when he is going out of his way not to get along here? Let him (easily) find a public torrent, or redownload the rars correctly this time, it isn’t like he is starved for options this long after the release.

Author
Time

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

I would post a link but since people of this site deem links to be the root of evil, birthplace of Satan and Justin Bieber’s tour finale, I won’t.

It’s against the rule for obvious reasons, and you’re a new member who only posts disrespectful crap.

Author
Time

What is wrong with Justin Bieber ending a tour? I’d think we’d all want that…

Also, ditto everything in towne32’s post above.

Author
Time

towne32 said:

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

I would post a link but since people of this site deem links to be the root of evil, birthplace of Satan and Justin Bieber’s tour finale, I won’t.

It’s against the rule for obvious reasons, and you’re a new member who only posts disrespectful crap.

👌🏻

Author
Time

Skyfocker said:

towne32 said:

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

I would post a link but since people of this site deem links to be the root of evil, birthplace of Satan and Justin Bieber’s tour finale, I won’t.

It’s against the rule for obvious reasons, and you’re a new member who only posts disrespectful crap.

👌🏻

You’re a new member who seems pretty cool.

Author
Time

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

I would post a link but since people of this site deem links to be the root of evil, birthplace of Satan and Justin Bieber’s tour finale, I won’t.

Oh shut up!

The Person in Question

Author
Time

This is amazing! May I ask why the ROTJ v2.5 file size is 19.7GB? I just want to watch the film itself and I curious why the files so huge

Author
Time

SputnicK said:

This is amazing! May I ask why the ROTJ v2.5 file size is 19.7GB? I just want to watch the film itself and I curious why the files so huge

It’s encoded to be BD25-compliant, so the file size is huge because it takes advantage of the space on a 25GB disc.

Jedi Master Skywalker said:
Btw I have started a petition:
https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-the-release-of-the-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-in-4k/
Please sign
towne32 said:
They should build a whole website and forum based off a petition like this.

Author
Time

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

I would post a link but since people of this site deem links to be the root of evil, birthplace of Satan and Justin Bieber’s tour finale, I won’t.

This site has been around since the early 2000s. You’ve been on it a couple months. You’d think that a new member would approach the community with respect and learn what is and isn’t appropriate here before making a fool of them-self. I’ve been around for a shorter time than you and even I figured that out. Try to keep up, Hayden

Author
Time
 (Edited)

clutchins said:

SputnicK said:

This is amazing! May I ask why the ROTJ v2.5 file size is 19.7GB? I just want to watch the film itself and I curious why the files so huge

It’s encoded to be BD25-compliant, so the file size is huge because it takes advantage of the space on a 25GB disc.

Interesting… It seems to me that the majority of people watching it would be doing so digitally (since it’s a web file). Will he be releasing it in a smaller digital format?

Author
Time

You get all the advantages of the higher bitrate while viewing it “digitally” too. If you want lower-bitrate, look into the AVCHD version.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Skyfocker said:

Wario64I said:

Public torrent exists, look up Return of the Jedi Harmy on kat.cr its literally one of the first results.

Try to keep up, Hayden

Nice. Probably needs to wear a Vader suit as a result of that BURN.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

SputnicK said:

Interesting… It seems to me that the majority of people watching it would be doing so digitally (since it’s a web file). Will he be releasing it in a smaller digital format?

If you want it in a smaller file, reencode it with Handbrake. But if I were you, I’d still get the MKV to begin with because of all the audio tracks.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

SputnicK said:

Interesting… It seems to me that the majority of people watching it would be doing so digitally (since it’s a web file). Will he be releasing it in a smaller digital format?

I don’t think they’ll ever be released officially in a smaller format.
What you can do is download the AVCHD version and use Handbrake to convert the m2ts file (ISO\BDMV\STREAM) to mkv.
You can google “optimal handbrake video conversion” for the method I used. It’s the second link. This will compress it to ~3GB at 720p.

Author
Time

Oh my dear Lord… I thought that the Blu-ray had just awkwardly made the Ewoks blink, but looking at the comparison shots, for the love of God it gets far creepier than that… They went as far as giving the Ewoks pupils and irises… God it is creepy.

So glad I don’t have to suffer watching it that way. Thanks Harmy!

Author
Time

I’ve tried as much as I can to read through as much of this thread as possible, but can anyone explain what’s going on with Luke’s shirt during the Obiwan ghost scene on Degobah? Is this something we’re finding out was present originally but then fixed later?

Author
Time

Oh geez.

I think rather than Handbrake, - if the bulk of the movie is in one .m2ts file, just run that through mkvmerge. If you’re gonna re-encode, re-encode the big file, not the AVCHD - because re-encoding a re-encode is absolutely going to look worse.

"Right now the coffees are doing their final work." (Airi, Masked Rider Den-o episode 1)

Author
Time

GrizzlyAdams said:

I’ve tried as much as I can to read through as much of this thread as possible, but can anyone explain what’s going on with Luke’s shirt during the Obiwan ghost scene on Degobah? Is this something we’re finding out was present originally but then fixed later?

Not sure what you mean? Looked fine to me, a fine Jedi garment