Sign In

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Author
Time
I figured someone would have to start this thread eventually, so why not add to my tally while I'm at it.

Thanks giving is probably my first or second favortie holiday, because it isn't over-comerciallized (like every-other holiday humanity celebrates) and becaue I get five days off of school to eat meat, and do whatever the crap I want as long as it isn't immoral or illiegal. Or impossible. Or unreasonable. Or any combination thereof...

Plus I have been blessed with one of the few decent families left in the world. And I live in America.. which is really good... I mean theres 20:1 odds that any given person will not be born in America...


4

Author
Time
I agree. While we do have early-bird after-Thanksgiving sales in every retail store chain known to man, I guess it isn't as over-publicized like Haloween or Christmas.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: TheSessler
I agree. While we do have early-bird after-Thanksgiving sales in every retail store chain known to man, I guess it isn't as over-publicized like Haloween or Christmas.


thats because the friday after thanksgiving (black friday) marks the beginning of the holiday shopping season...though this year they seem to have pushed it up a week.

But anyway...I have to agree as well, especially about thanksgiving being the first or second fav holiday. I mean Turkey, Stuffing, Cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, candied yams, turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie...so much good food. and as Darth Chaltab said, i too enjoy the time with my family.

Oh, and did i mention Turkey and stuffing?

-Darth Simon

ps. You also get turkey and stuffing
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

0100111001101001011011100110101001100001

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
What? You forgot about turkey and stuffing!
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
How can you forget turkey and stuffing? Any favourite kids of stuffing out there? I'm partial to a sweet potato and sausage version my brother-in-law makes.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: GundarkHunter
How can you forget turkey and stuffing? Any favourite kids of stuffing out there? I'm partial to a sweet potato and sausage version my brother-in-law makes.


sweet potatoe and sasauge stuffing you say? i must know more, got a recipie?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Kingsama/samasig.jpg
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: TheSessler
What? You forgot about turkey and stuffing!


I knew I forgot something. Man, what was i thinking

My mom makes 2 stuffings (one for each bird) one is a cornbread stuffing and the other is a giblet stuffing...both tasty but i prefer the giblet

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

0100111001101001011011100110101001100001

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Kingsama
Quote

Originally posted by: GundarkHunter
How can you forget turkey and stuffing? Any favourite kids of stuffing out there? I'm partial to a sweet potato and sausage version my brother-in-law makes.


sweet potatoe and sasauge stuffing you say? i must know more, got a recipie?


You got The Joy of Cooking? It's in the latest version as one of the variations on a standard bread stuffing. You just cook up the sausage, shred the sweet potato and add both to your stuffing mixture. So simple, and yet soooooo very tasty.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

Author
Time
Hey all! Just wanted to say "Enjoy your tryptophan-laced holiday weekend!"
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia'."
--Vizzini (Wallace Shawn), The Princess Bride
-------------------------
Kevin A
Webmaster/Primary Cynic
kapgar.typepad.com
kapgar.com
Author
Time
You'll need it to counter the tryptophan in the turkey.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia'."
--Vizzini (Wallace Shawn), The Princess Bride
-------------------------
Kevin A
Webmaster/Primary Cynic
kapgar.typepad.com
kapgar.com
Author
Time
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving all!

Kevin
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but will have eternal life." The Holy Bible - John 3:16
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: GundarkHunter
Quote

Originally posted by: Kingsama
Quote

Originally posted by: GundarkHunter
How can you forget turkey and stuffing? Any favourite kids of stuffing out there? I'm partial to a sweet potato and sausage version my brother-in-law makes.


sweet potatoe and sasauge stuffing you say? i must know more, got a recipie?


You got The Joy of Cooking? It's in the latest version as one of the variations on a standard bread stuffing. You just cook up the sausage, shred the sweet potato and add both to your stuffing mixture. So simple, and yet soooooo very tasty.



no joy of cooking book, but i will figure it out one way or the other... thanks for the info...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Kingsama/samasig.jpg
Author
Time
I wish everyone who celebrates a very happy thanksgiving


E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!
SUPERBOWL LII CHAMPS!!!

Author
Time
Turkey, Stuffing, Where is your cranberry sauce?
And you shouldn’t forget the most important part; family and good friends.
Not to mention 5 days away from college, plenty of time to get caught up on your homework.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Kingsama



no joy of cooking book, but i will figure it out one way or the other... thanks for the info...


Glad to help, Kingsama. Enjoy the bird.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: empress_T
Turkey, Stuffing, Where is your cranberry sauce?
And you shouldn’t forget the most important part; family and good friends.
Not to mention 5 days away from college, plenty of time to get caught up on your homework.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving


pretty sure i mentioned cranberry sauce, and if i didnt i meant to.

oh yeah, family and friends their good too but you cant eat them

and i only get 1 day off from work and then i gotta go back in tomorrow

But anyway, i digress.

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and enjoyed their time with family, friends and most importantly good food

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

0100111001101001011011100110101001100001

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: PSYCHO_DAYV
GAUNDARK, IS THAT THE JOY OF COOKING WITH MARTIN YAN ???




HAPPY THANKSGIVING, OT.COM !!!

No, that's the Joy of Cooking, the big white cookbook considered a cooking Bible by many kitchens.

BTW, Martin Yan's newest show is called Quick and Easy with Martin Yan.

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.

Author
Time
Happy Black Friday all, go out to your local department store and waste money on something you don't really need but want to buy it because it is on sale.
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: TheSessler
Happy Black Friday all, go out to your local department store and waste money on something you don't really need but want to buy it because it is on sale.


done and done

got me some blank dvds that were on sale, not that i really need them, but they were cheap, and i figured i could use them for storing files that i hardly ever use

-Darth Simon
Why Anakin really turned to the dark side:
"Anakin, You're father I am" - Yoda
"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!" - Anakin

0100111001101001011011100110101001100001

*touchy people disclaimer*
some or all of the above comments are partially exaggerated to convey a point, none of the comments are meant as personal attacks on anyone mentioned or reference in the above post
Author
Time
Thats nothing, me and my dad went out today and bought the Seinfeld gift set, a portable DVD player, the Harry potter giftset and a 50 pack of DVD-Rs
"I don't mind if you don't like my manners. I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad. I grieve over them during the long winter evenings."
Author
Time
My wife and I bought an old arcade flashback collection for PS2, the throwback 8-Bit Nintendo controller for the PS2, Will & Grace season 1, Mean Girls, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, a 256MB MemoryStick for our digicam, Family Guy volume 1, and Dawson's Creek season 4.

Expensive day.
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia'."
--Vizzini (Wallace Shawn), The Princess Bride
-------------------------
Kevin A
Webmaster/Primary Cynic
kapgar.typepad.com
kapgar.com
Author
Time
Sounds like it; how much was the MemStick?

Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm a nice man.