Sign In

Han - Solo Movie ** Spoilers ** — Page 83

Author
Time

I’m liking what I’ve seen so far. Still not too sure about the actors, but it’s difficult to tell from these small bites with no context.

I like the novelty of the closed-in front of the Falcon, and assume that its purpose is to serve a dramatic reveal when Solo dumps cargo at some stage during the film.

They told me they’d fixed it!

Author
Time

What I’m curious to find out is there’s supposed to be 2 more sequels to this, I’m taking Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy are waiting to see how this film goes at the box office, or it’s just a rumor floating around. Otherwise, if there is no sequels, we should see Han losing Jabba’s precious cargo at the end. I wonder how Fett fits in with all this, or if it’s basically a very small cameo, like Jabba. I’m also wondering if there’s any other Easter eggs like other bounty hunters, or if we’ll see Lobot, or things like that. Probably not, but can’t wait to see this. I wonder how many deleted scenes there’ll be as well, especially since they changed directors, I wonder how much we’ll see.

Author
Time

There’s a rumor going around that there’s two more sequels to this. I don’t know what they have planned.

Author
Time

Yeah but still I don’t think it’s a great idea to have it implied Han has been running from Jabba so long he turned from that guy into Harrison Ford. That doesn’t mean Lucasfilm won’t do it though.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

I think it’s too early in the timeline for han to lose that particular cargo

Do we have a confirmed time span for this film? All I’ve seen is that it starts ten years before ANH. I had earlier suggested this film might end with Han being cleared to land at Docking Bay 94, but of course that wouldn’t work if it didn’t lead straight into ANH like Rogue One did, and leaves no room for sequels.

They told me they’d fixed it!

Author
Time

As long as he meets Jabba for the first time at the end of the movie, that’s good enough for me.

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

What I’m curious to find out is there’s supposed to be 2 more sequels to this, I’m taking Lucasfilm and Kathleen Kennedy are waiting to see how this film goes at the box office, or it’s just a rumor floating around. Otherwise, if there is no sequels, we should see Han losing Jabba’s precious cargo at the end. I wonder how Fett fits in with all this, or if it’s basically a very small cameo, like Jabba. I’m also wondering if there’s any other Easter eggs like other bounty hunters, or if we’ll see Lobot, or things like that. Probably not, but can’t wait to see this. I wonder how many deleted scenes there’ll be as well, especially since they changed directors, I wonder how much we’ll see.

Personally, I hope we don’t see Fett or Jabba in the movie. If sequels do happen, they can (re)introduce those guys, but this movie is already gonna jam packed with fan service. At least IMO

Also, I think the rumors of a trilogy are just rumors. The actors did sign 3-picture deals from what I’ve read, but it’s likely just a precaution to lock them down just in case the film does amazing and Disney wants more. But at the very least, this movie was likely written as a one-off, as it’s supposed to be Lawrence Kasdan’s swan song to Han Solo.

Author
Time

Possessed said:

Yeah but still I don’t think it’s a great idea to have it implied Han has been running from Jabba so long he turned from that guy into Harrison Ford. That doesn’t mean Lucasfilm won’t do it though.

I agree. I could do without a Jabba cameo altogether.
But hasn’t it been confirmed that they built a new Jabba puppet? That could be interesting.

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time

There’s even a Jabba’s Palace playset I saw online. He does visit him, I guess this will be what Vader at the end of Rogue One is for Solo. I can see it happening, but probably a quick chat like, “Do not double cross me or lose my shipments, or I will put a bounty on your head Solo.”. And maybe have Greedo standing next to him.

Author
Time

There were tons of rumors that they built a practical Jabba. If that’s true, that in and of itself is enough to justify seeing this movie.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

If they did build a practical Jabba puppet, they’re only going to use him for 5 minutes of screen time? That makes no sense.

Author
Time

If they are planning on this being a trilogy, it’d be cool if Jabba was either behind this whole heist or he comes in at the end and kills everyone outside Han, Lando and Chewie and offers them the chance to come work for him or die. Show how ruthless Jabba really is.

However, they said on Star Wars Show that this film has a ton jokes in it. Jabba killing everyone would be a bit too dramatic.

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

There’s even a Jabba’s Palace playset I saw online. He does visit him, I guess this will be what Vader at the end of Rogue One is for Solo. I can see it happening, but probably a quick chat like, “Do not double cross me or lose my shipments, or I will put a bounty on your head Solo.”. And maybe have Greedo standing next to him.

It’s great moviemaking because it references something we already know.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

There’s a rumor going around that there’s two more sequels to this. I don’t know what they have planned.

My understanding is that Ehrenreich and (maybe) Glover are signed on for two more movies, not necessarily direct sequels. I took that to mean maybe a Lando movie with Han in it or a Boba Fett movie with the two of them in it, as opposed to a straight up trilogy of Han movies.

Author
Time

joefavs said:

CarboniteSolo said:

There’s a rumor going around that there’s two more sequels to this. I don’t know what they have planned.

My understanding is that Ehrenreich and (maybe) Glover are signed on for two more movies, not necessarily direct sequels. I took that to mean maybe a Lando movie with Han in it or a Boba Fett movie with the two of them in it, as opposed to a straight up trilogy of Han movies.

That actually sounds like fun.
The Lando one, I mean.
As for the Boba Fett one, I’d rather see a movie about Obi-wan using the ghost of Qui-gon as a way of communicating his soup recipe to Yoda. The big payoff comes in Empire when Luke tastes it and realizes that Dagobats are no substitute for Womp Rats.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

I think they built Jabba for not only the Boba Fett and Obi-wan films, but for a Lando/Chewbacca film as well, so I guess that does make sense, at least 3 or more films.

Author
Time

All I need is one more standalone set pre-SW and I can successfully pretend they’re episodes I-III.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

Would be a weird move since Episode I-II-II already exist and are better than R1-VII-VIII…

Author
Time

MalàStrana said:

Would be a weird move since Episode I-II-II already exist and are better than R1-VII-VIII…

This

Working on many edits, may take many years to complete…

Also known as Mr. Jung.

Author
Time

Spending years watching this site trash the prequels for “ruining” their beloved characters and mythos but then championing this film as some innovative landmark is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day, thank you.