Rogue One changes (Hal9000)
All but one of the following changes originate from DigitalModification’s edit of Rogue One. I did not use any video or audio of his, but this edit isn’t anything more than taking a handful of what he did and leaving the rest. I threw this together in a day, save for the time to set up chapters and subtitles.
I love Rogue One. It’s honestly the most visceral fun I’ve had in the theater in the past few years. It was the first Star Wars film not to have me feel apprehensive, being the first spinoff film. It was ‘extra credit,’ and so I felt free to enjoy the good and not be bothered by parts that didn’t work as well. This edit is in recognition that a few tweaks would help the film, though.
This won’t be listed on FE.org as, again, it is merely a half-assed version of DigMod’s edit. But, since I made it for myself, may as well share it in case it would hit the spot for anyone else.
(No title crawl has been contrived, location labels have been left alone, and no feathered wipe transitions have been employed.)
- Used opening logos and title cards from The Last Jedi, replacing zoomed out versions used originally.
- Removed introductory scenes to Cassian and Bobdi. We cut from Jyn in prison to the jailbreak. We then meet the other main characters as she does. (Wobani label moved to establishing shot of transport)
- Removed other Bohdi scenes until the band of heroes meet him in the dungeon of Saw Gerrera.
- Muted a line from K2 to let silence make for better humor.
- Removed announcement on Jedha about the missing cargo pilot.
- Removed the cringe-inducing cameo from Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba.
- Removed a cutaway to Jyn and Cassian to show Baze mowing down troopers in one unbroken shot.
- Trimmed Bohdi’s hesitation in assigning the new makeshift crew a callsign when pulling away from the Rebel base.
5.1 640kbps AC3 audio
English and French subtitles (Spanish subtitles available as a separate download)
Initiating self-destruct countdown…