Sign In

Going away? Post so here! — Page 27

Author
Time

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Other than one or two instances of what I would describe as ‘trendy’ humor (none of which are bad, annoying, or immature… They just sort of feel out of place in star wars where everything is timeless. But they work and are in no way bad) from fin, it’s amazing.

Author
Time

It probably is better than you expect DE, but honestly you have some pretty weird and specific tastes. So I say you should definitely see it, but be cautious.

Author
Time

I hate to be that guy, but I had too many problems with it to enjoy it even near as much as I had hoped to. It had great moments, but it was a bit of a let-down in some ways, and I say that as a guy who is usually pretty forgiving of movies’ shortcomings. It probably didn’t help that the theatre hadn’t properly focused the movie…

Author
Time

I hope that doesn’t happen at the theater where I’m going today. With what my ticket cost me, if it does happen, I am going to raise hell with the manager of the theater. There is no excuse for that.

Author
Time

Possessed said:

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Other than one or two instances of what I would describe as ‘trendy’ humor (none of which are bad, annoying, or immature… They just sort of feel out of place in star wars where everything is timeless. But they work and are in no way bad) from fin, it’s amazing.

Those 70’s hairdos in Star Wars have aged pretty well. I was disappointed we didn’t see any First Order guys rocking with sideburns. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Possessed said:

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Other than one or two instances of what I would describe as ‘trendy’ humor (none of which are bad, annoying, or immature… They just sort of feel out of place in star wars where everything is timeless. But they work and are in no way bad) from fin, it’s amazing.

Those 70’s hairdos in Star Wars have aged pretty well. I was disappointed we didn’t see any First Order guys rocking with sideburns. 😉

Haha, well at least the dialogue is timeless.

Although honestly Luke’s hair in the first movie kind of is current.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

RicOlie_2 said:

It’s nice to see old faces returning. Hopefully they’ll liven this place up again.

other than YIYF, I haven’t noticed any old faces returning.

i’m back and i’m terrific

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time

Nanner Split said:

Warbler said:

RicOlie_2 said:

It’s nice to see old faces returning. Hopefully they’ll liven this place up again.

other than YIYF, I haven’t noticed any old faces returning.

i’m back and i’m terrific

I think you meant you’re real and you’re spectacular.

Author
Time

twister111 said:

It is important and it’s the most important thing you could do in your life. Refining your soul with repentance is so important you have absolutely no idea.

i’m pretty sure the most important thing i could do is smoke a LOT!!! of weed lmao

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time

Nanner Split said:

twister111 said:

It is important and it’s the most important thing you could do in your life. Refining your soul with repentance is so important you have absolutely no idea.

i’m pretty sure the most important thing i could do is smoke a LOT!!! of weed lmao

I forgot all about this. I wonder if twister has gotten the help she clearly needed.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Trident said:

I don’t think I’m gonna stay long. I mean this place is really dead. It’s not really the way I remembered it.

=\

Honestly, the forum isn’t anymore alive or dead than it was when you first arrived. It’s probably more alive than it was, say, back when I first joined, in 2010.

Disagree.

Author
Time

Won’t be around for about a week or so. You’re welcome.

Author
Time

offended

Don’t do drugs, unless you’re with me.

Author
Time

I will be taking a much needed break from the forum starting today. I will still answer pm’s if I get any but that will be all for now. I am not disabling my account nor am I being asked or pressured by anyone to leave. I simply have a philosophical-sized headache concerning all things Star Wars at the moment and I need time to quell the discomfort it has brought me.

For those who know me in other places, you will still see me there. My participation may quiet some but I will still make myself available if needed.

Keep a light on and keep supporting all the fan-based efforts to bring back the Original Star Wars Trilogy. Without any of them, none of us would be here sharing our love and passion for it.

Peace and hope to all of you.

Sincerely,

Shawn

Author
Time

Nobody should do anything rash based on the current drama. The facts will come out in time.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Jetrell Fo said:

I simply have a philosophical-sized headache concerning all things Star Wars at the moment and I need time to quell the discomfort it has brought me.

Sounds reasonable.