Sign In

GODZILLA (2014)- Servanov 35mm Theatrical Experience (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hey guys, Sergey here again! While me and RedMenace (on here as godsavepopunk) collaborate do some final prep and behind the scenes on a very, very big Godzilla project, I decided to do a little fan edit of the 2014 Godzilla film. The goal in mind: to take the Blu-Ray and accurately as possible recreate a theatrical experience one would have had if seeing a 35mm print of this movie, 80s style. Complete with gate weave, grain, color matched carefully to film stocks, dust, scratches and reel cue marks. PM me and I’ll send you a link!

SPECS:
7.82 Gb
1280x720

SCREENSHOTS:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/servanov_/

Author
Time
 (Edited)

You are 15yrs old, and you dare to make a fan edit? 😉 😉 😉

Congratulations, really! Also, your pictures are very nice, you are a talented boy!

Can you post some screenshot comparison of your edit, before/after? Curious to see the differences.

The ResolveR ultimate restoration workstation | [Fundamental Collection] thread | blog.spoRv.com | fan preservation forum: fanres.com |

Author
Time

It just looks like to me you only did negative film stock emulation which is just a recreation of if it was shot on film, not projected on film.

If this were an authentic 35mm print recreation, wouldn’t you also want to emulate the look of a print such as Kodak 2283, which is the most frequently used print stock today?

Author
Time

emanswfan said:

It just looks like to me you only did negative film stock emulation which is just a recreation of if it was shot on film, not projected on film.

If this were an authentic 35mm print recreation, wouldn’t you also want to emulate the look of a print such as Kodak 2283, which is the most frequently used print stock today?

What I used was Magic Bullet looks for reference, as well as some grading from other films from 35mm prints. The negative stock depended on the scene, for the dark night scenes, I used Kodak Vision 3 500T negative stock, while for the outdoor scenes I used either Vision 3 250D or 50D. The print stock was all 2838, since it looked the most appealing, and I decided that if it was a film shot on celluloid, they director and/or DP could have made the choice of print stock. Some things I had to CC manually, as they wouldn’t color correct naturally to the print stock. Examples are the ending WB logo and the Legendary Pictures logo.

https://www.instagram.com/servanov_/

Author
Time

Can you please send me the link to the fanedit bro