Originally posted by: Adamwankenobi Originally posted by: Kaal-Jhyy
Originally posted by: Adamwankenobi
Lucas has made multiple references to Droids in the PT
I'm really not sure about that. Just see the end of ROTS, where droids seem to be new "members" of the Tantive IV. The reference books had to explain the "hole" between ROTS and ANH, where, in the series, the droids have no masters...
"Lucas making references to the EU", that line sounds really uncredible, IMO (even if he has, for some little details)...
Here are the references, straight from Wookieepedia:
- In the fourth episode of the series 'A Race to the Finish', the Droids end up at a race known as the "Boonta Race." A similar name was used for the podrace in 'Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace', which was known as the "Boonta Eve Classic".
- The swamp planet of Bogden is a planet visited by the droids in the series. In 'Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones', Jango Fett says that he was "hired by a man called Tyranus on the moons of Bogden."
- As confirmed by StarWars.com, the wheel bike, which was Jann Tosh's vehicle as seen in the animated series, was also the type of vehicle that was the vehicle of choice for General Grievous in 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith', when in a chase with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Utapau.
- The diner in an episode of the series has a strong similarity to Dex's Diner as seen in 'Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones'.
- Toong from the series was given as the home planet for a species in the prequels.
- In the episode, 'The Pirates of Tarnoonga', the pirate caves on Tarnoonga bear a striking resemblance to the sinkhole grottos of Utapau as seen in 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith'.