Sign In

Episode VII : The Force Awakens - film & fan art, + covers etc — Page 2

Author
Time

Tyler0013 said:

Here’s is my WIP TFA cover, will update as I see fit. Hope you enjoy. All criticism is welcome to help make this better!

Assets like layout and EPS files are from Phildesfr download links.

Looks awesome but why ANH Han?

Author
Time

Darth Lucas said:

Tyler0013 said:

Here’s is my WIP TFA cover, will update as I see fit. Hope you enjoy. All criticism is welcome to help make this better!

Assets like layout and EPS files are from Phildesfr download links.

Looks awesome but why ANH Han?

Was in the Artwork I found. They Probably took existing images and filtered them to look drawn and this was best Han they found.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tyler0013 said:

Darth Lucas said:

Tyler0013 said:

Here’s is my WIP TFA cover, will update as I see fit. Hope you enjoy. All criticism is welcome to help make this better!

Assets like layout and EPS files are from Phildesfr download links.

Looks awesome but why ANH Han?

Was in the Artwork I found. They Probably took existing images and filtered them to look drawn and this was best Han they found.

CarboniteSolo edited the original poster to have old Han

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sherman said:

Tyler0013 said:

Darth Lucas said:

Tyler0013 said:

Here’s is my WIP TFA cover, will update as I see fit. Hope you enjoy. All criticism is welcome to help make this better!

Assets like layout and EPS files are from Phildesfr download links.

Looks awesome but why ANH Han?

Was in the Artwork I found. They Probably took existing images and filtered them to look drawn and this was best Han they found.

CarboniteSolo edited the original poster to have old Han

Do you have a link? or point in the right direction? Would love to update this with Old Han.

Searched his post History and can not find what you are referring to. Some links were dead. so I am not sure if it was there or not.

Author
Time

The original was done by Blake Armstrong, I believe, give credit where credit is due, he did a fine job with what resources he had at the time he did it, which was way before everything like on set photos of actors in costume, so he did a fantastic job.

Here’s is the link to the older Han. I’m going to go back to this picture and see if I can add a couple more things, but they will be faded, so you will barely make it out, I don’t want to ruin it, but I want to see what I can do, to make it better, if you will.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqncg9l79jh2fmr/Episode VII The Force Awakens D Version Han Edit3.bmp?dl=0

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

The original was done by Blake Armstrong, I believe, give credit where credit is due, he did a fine job with what resources he had at the time he did it, which was way before everything like on set photos of actors in costume, so he did a fantastic job.

Here’s is the link to the older Han. I’m going to go back to this picture and see if I can add a couple more things, but they will be faded, so you will barely make it out, I don’t want to ruin it, but I want to see what I can do, to make it better, if you will.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqncg9l79jh2fmr/Episode VII The Force Awakens D Version Han Edit3.bmp?dl=0

thank you very very much sir!!! cant wait to see what else you do.

Author
Time

Well, I was playing around with the image and came up with this, maybe somebody can make it better or give me some pointers. I would like any advice anyone has to make the image better.

I hope this isn’t too many characters on the poster, as I feel it is now, but I want your opinions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wqw0qsf51gue67/Episode VII The Force Awakens D Version Han Leia Luke.bmp?dl=0

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time

it doesn’t look bad at all. My only gripe would be that Leia and Luke have that realistic look, as to where the rest of the poster is stylized and it throws me off personally.

Author
Time

I know, I wish I could make it one way or the other. I can draw, but, I don’t have the time or materials to take on such a project at the moment. Maybe someday I can, but currently, I can’t.

I would love to put something together, once this trilogy is completed, like what Struzan did with the Special Edition posters.

I am working on a blu-ray sequel set of VII-IX, just waiting for more pics from VIII, so that maybe I can finish it. It’s about 85% complete now.

Thank you for critiquing the pic, I thought the same thing too.

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

a few retro/alternative TFA covers found around the internet…
 

^ from http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=124703

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3j641f/the_force_awakens_on_vhs/

 

 

 

 

^ https://posterspy.com/posters/star-wars-the-force-awakens-12/

 

^ from http://geekartgallery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/posters-force-awakens.html

 

 


 

 

and thought these early pieces of art looked cool in style…

&

^ both by https://messypandas.deviantart.com/gallery/

 

^ from https://www.behance.net/gallery/32285305/The-Force-Awakens-x-Poster-Posse


Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

I’m currently working on a new The Force Awakens cover that I will probably post this weekend, it will be a matching set, that I’m working on for the Sequel Trilogy. I did post The Last Jedi one, but now I’m going to have to edit that one, so it will match everything once you put all three together.

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time

Found this while wandering around Etsy:

Help back OMNO!