Sign In

Episode VII: The Force Awakens - Discussion * SPOILER THREAD * — Page 202

Author
Time

Hey Star Wars fans! Here’s a TFA sneak-peek you guys might be interested in:

For their 300th episode, the popular movie review podcast “Comedy Film Nerds” is going to be recording and releasing a review episode of The Force Awakens before the film is even released in North America.

The two hosts (@GrahamElwood and @ChrisMancini) live in California, but are literally flying across the world to Melbourne, Australia JUST to see the movie first and give the fans some info about what you’re about to see. They’ll be seeing the film on what will actually be Tuesday 12/15 in the US.

Then, right after, they’re going to record a live episode in front of the audience that just saw the film, reviewing and discussing all things TFA. It’ll be a mash-up event with Steele Wars, an aussie Star Wars podcast.

These guys are all huge huge Star Wars fans (their podcast’s slogan is legit ‘Han shot first.’), so I definitely think they’ll have some awesome stuff to say.

Anyway, I suggest you subscribe to the ‘Comedy Film Nerds’ podcast on iTunes.

The episode will drop at 11am on Wednesday 12/16 (US Pacific Time [UTC -8:00]).

I’m super excited to hear what they have to say about it. I just feel like I need to know asap whether it’s gonna be awesome or not, haha.

—Lindsay (@MarsOddity)

Author
Time

Well I guess I really did spoil the movie for myself months ago. Leaked images today of a children’s book line up pretty much exactly with the MSW plot outline. Not sure whether it was better to learn of the spoilers’ truth now or at the movie. Oh well, I still think it won’t ruin my enjoyment, as scene/dialogue specifics seem to still be intact. (although definitely those will be over the internet soon enough.)

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/The_Force_Awakens_Spoilers_Galore_From_Childrens_Book_Released_Early_167176.asp

Although I still suspect nearly 1/3 of the movie to be different from rumors, since some their “spoilers” changed over time.

Author
Time

After seeing Snoke’s description I can’t help but wonder… could he be Ezra Bridger from Star Wars: Rebels?

Author
Time

The only reason I haven’t gone on lockdown yet is I’m hoping the score leaks. I am dying to hear more than a snippet.

Author
Time

Sevb32 said:

I know, I just feel bad for some of you, I guess it’s my fault for bothering to read this forum, but it seems to suck the life out of everything, that so many will seem to hate or gripe no matter what is done to try to appease them.

I know this is from 20 pages ago, but I just wanted to point out that NOTHING has been done to appease OOT fans. NOTHING. People on this forum wouldn’t be so critical and in such a bad mood about all things Star Wars if the original films hadn’t been disgraced and buried away like they have been since the SE and PT.

Author
Time

Ronster said:

SilverWook said:

I’m sure the bickering will start minutes after Han and Leia are reunited. 😉

I really hope so!

I have not heard anyone else bring this up, but it may have been said already.

I mean as you said Silverwook I want some proper flaming arguments going down here… But there is a chance that they may not still be together in this movie in fact I am banking on it or almost hoping for it as no longer being a couple… but What if by the end of this new trilogy Han and Leia end up together again.

would’nt that be something?

I don’t know what happens in TFA, but that would have been a great idea. Write them as though they haven’t seen each other in years, then get reunited late in life. The older we get the more we can share that sentiment, the longing to meet people again we once knew in years gone by.

Author
Time

Would have been nice if he worked on another restoration.

Author
Time

lpd said:

Hey chaps just doing a favour for a mate, he owns a tattoo parlour in Liverpool and he’s got special offers on Star Wars related tattoo’s running up till Xmas.
Here’s a link to his facebook page.

Go on treat yourself, or someone else!
Cheers LPD

You should know better than to post such things in this thread. The post in the memorabila section was enough. Don’t do it again.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

MarsOddity said:

Hey Star Wars fans! Here’s a TFA sneak-peek you guys might be interested in:

For their 300th episode, the popular movie review podcast “Comedy Film Nerds” is going to be recording and releasing a review episode of The Force Awakens before the film is even released in North America.

The two hosts (@GrahamElwood and @ChrisMancini) live in California, but are literally flying across the world to Melbourne, Australia JUST to see the movie first and give the fans some info about what you’re about to see. They’ll be seeing the film on what will actually be Tuesday 12/15 in the US.

Then, right after, they’re going to record a live episode in front of the audience that just saw the film, reviewing and discussing all things TFA. It’ll be a mash-up event with Steele Wars, an aussie Star Wars podcast.

These guys are all huge huge Star Wars fans (their podcast’s slogan is legit ‘Han shot first.’), so I definitely think they’ll have some awesome stuff to say.

Anyway, I suggest you subscribe to the ‘Comedy Film Nerds’ podcast on iTunes.

The episode will drop at 11am on Wednesday 12/16 (US Pacific Time [UTC -8:00]).

I’m super excited to hear what they have to say about it. I just feel like I need to know asap whether it’s gonna be awesome or not, haha.

—Lindsay (@MarsOddity)

Posting this in one thread is enough. On that note; posting it in the spoiler free discussion seems an odd decision.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

You’re killing me, Smalls.

Author
Time

Anchorhead said:

TK428 said:

There’s also this, POSSIBLE SPOILER: when Kylo and Finn confront each other Kylo’s mask is knocked off, revealing that he is in some way disfigured. Which is why in the various advertisements and trailers, during that momentary interlude with Finn, we don’t see Kylo’s face; only the back of his head.
Thoughts?

They’ve released a few set pictures of Driver without the mask. Unless that’s deliberate misdirection, it looks like he’s undamaged. I’d be just fine with that. We don’t need everyone in the GFFA to have some sort of physical damage. His story sounds plenty compelling. Less is more.

I’ve seen the Annie Leibovitz photo’s you are probably referencing (from Vanity Fair, I think) and agree with you on principle. I just wonder if there’s a plot twist; and if so I doubt it would be made public on purpose.

“This will begin to make things right.” Lor San Tekka

Author
Time

A leak from the upcoming Visual Dictionary: http://imgur.com/a/8oBYM

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Something is bothering me. How can Rey undertstand BB8’s bleeps? I can’t recall Luke being able to interpret R2, pretty sure C3PO used to interpret?

Author
Time

If Rey is a self-sufficient scavenger she would probably have to learn astromech-speak as part of her trade. Makes about as much sense as Han being able to understand Chewie and vice versa.

Author
Time

Bosk said:

Something is bothering me. How can Rey undertstand BB8’s bleeps? I can’t recall Luke being able to interpret R2, pretty sure C3PO used to interpret?

I thought Luke could understand R2D2 by the second movie.

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time

FanFiltration said:

Bosk said:

Something is bothering me. How can Rey undertstand BB8’s bleeps? I can’t recall Luke being able to interpret R2, pretty sure C3PO used to interpret?

I thought Luke could understand R2D2 by the second movie.

From memory, Lukes’ X wing also used to interpret R2>?

Author
Time

I kind of like to think Luke only THINKS he can understand R2, but he really has no idea and is just projecting.

Author
Time

joefavs said:

I kind of like to think Luke only THINKS he can understand R2, but he really has no idea and is just projecting.

That’s how I’ve always imagined it was.

Might be different with Rey. Clearly she’s much more than a “no one” scavenger girl. We’ll find out this Friday.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

You’re killing me, Smalls.

Author
Time

Han’s new ride:
Alt text
Here’s the link to the imgur page, it may be a little easier to make out the text there.
http://imgur.com/a/Ts0sp

Also, it’s since been deleted, but someone claiming to be a projectionist for tonight’s premiere posted on Reddit a couple hours ago that they’d just watched the film to make sure there aren’t any technical problems. He said the MSW outline is accurate up until the last half hour or so of the film and that no one claiming to have insider info has gotten it right. He urged everyone to stay away from spoilers for the next couple days because as of now, no one is actually spoiled on the end. I don’t know if I believe him, but I want to enough to take his advice.

Author
Time
                                                 Can't. stop. watching.

alt text

“This will begin to make things right.” Lor San Tekka