Sign In

Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker - Discussion * SPOILER THREAD * — Page 79

Author
Time

Definitely ok, to each his own 😃 (though for me that means I can’t enjoy the ST…oh well).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

RogueLeader said:
Just to add on to what I’m trying to say, check out this interview George Lucas did back in 1999. They really get into why George wanted to create the Force in Star Wars and what he wanted the audience, especially young people, to get from it.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,23298-2,00.html

Without watching it, and as a result of listening to him belch out blatant, easily provable lies for 40 years, I’ll pass. George giving a 1999 explanation of anything he did in 1977 is certain to be full of his Original Vision revisionist BS.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

"Why are you here, Rey from nowhere?”

Author
Time

Where are all the spoilers for this one? Not much of a care but there must be something. An accumulative spoiler post with bullet points or a spreadsheet?
No, I didn’t watch the trailer.

Author
Time

TiddySprinklesPimpBillion said:

Where are all the spoilers for this one? Not much of a care but there must be something. An accumulative spoiler post with bullet points or a spreadsheet?
No, I didn’t watch the trailer.

Here are your bullet points.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10lJjIGMEIMORyD8CBXICmT6FVS3VAq1YHoovQiTSdxo/edit

There are some massive spoilers in there (if they’re true) so don’t read if you want to keep the story a surprise.

Author
Time

Sir Ridley said:

TiddySprinklesPimpBillion said:

Where are all the spoilers for this one? Not much of a care but there must be something. An accumulative spoiler post with bullet points or a spreadsheet?
No, I didn’t watch the trailer.

Here are your bullet points.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10lJjIGMEIMORyD8CBXICmT6FVS3VAq1YHoovQiTSdxo/edit

There are some massive spoilers in there (if they’re true) so don’t read if you want to keep the story a surprise.

I don’t need to keep the story a surprise anymore with Star Wars. I’m going to read it and there’s absolutely no reason to warn me.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DominicCobb said:

We got a real badass over here.

Should be obvious IDGAF about spoilers for everything Star Wars. I stopped caring. Whoopty doopty doo.

The spoilers are weak. Really hoping Rose Tico dies since she’s a boring character.

Author
Time

TiddySprinklesPimpBillion said:

DominicCobb said:

We got a real badass over here.

Should be obvious IDGAF about spoilers for everything Star Wars. I stopped caring. Whoopty doopty doo.

The spoilers are weak. Really hoping Rose Tico dies since she’s a boring character.

You’re on my radar with this anti-Rose stuff. Not a good place to be.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

You’re on my radar with this anti-Rose stuff. Not a good place to be.

Do you keep track of people who dislike Jar Jar Binks too? Just curious.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SilverWook said:

TiddySprinklesPimpBillion said:

DominicCobb said:

We got a real badass over here.

Should be obvious IDGAF about spoilers for everything Star Wars. I stopped caring. Whoopty doopty doo.

The spoilers are weak. Really hoping Rose Tico dies since she’s a boring character.

You’re on my radar with this anti-Rose stuff. Not a good place to be.

I’d pair Rose with Jar Jar as annoyingly boring characters. Both current and Legends canon. Let me know when the actress is in a better movie series compared to this one.

One last thing for this post. Christopher Blair > Luke Skywalker.

Author
Time

Quattro Bajeena said:

SilverWook said:

You’re on my radar with this anti-Rose stuff. Not a good place to be.

Do you keep track of people who dislike Jar Jar Binks too? Just curious.

Are you aware of how bad the Rose bashing online has become in the past 18 months?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Quattro Bajeena said:

SilverWook said:

You’re on my radar with this anti-Rose stuff. Not a good place to be.

Do you keep track of people who dislike Jar Jar Binks too? Just curious.

Are you aware of how bad the Rose bashing online has become in the past 18 months?

Of course, people dislike a character and bash them online, like we’re doing with Jar Jar Binks for 20 years. That’s why I asked.

And before you say something about the actress, which is not the character and not mentioned by the previous poster, the Jar Jar actor suffered similar harassment, just like Kelly.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jar-jar-binks-ahmed-best-suicide-star-wars-actor-backlash-twitter-a8430266.html

Author
Time

I am well aware of that recent revelation. AFAIK, nobody here ever made it about Mr. Best.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

The situation with jar jar and Ahmed best does not give excuse for poor treatment of Rose tico and Kelly Tran. What it does is gives us evidence of why we should not permit such behavior. Sadly for myself I was not mature enough at the time of phantom menace to realize that my actions and words could have such an impact on a person’s life and well-being.

Author
Time

dahmage said:

The situation with jar jar and Ahmed best does not give excuse for poor treatment of Rose tico and Kelly Tran.

I didn’t say that, I’m just curious if SilverWook do the same with Jar Jar hating posts, not that he shouldn’t do with Rose hating posts.

And if he doesn’t follow Jar Jar posts, that’s fine. I’m not here to say how moderators should act, it was not my intention, I was just curious, that’s all.

Author
Time

dahmage said:

The situation with jar jar and Ahmed best does not give excuse for poor treatment of Rose tico and Kelly Tran. What it does is gives us evidence of why we should not permit such behavior. Sadly for myself I was not mature enough at the time of phantom menace to realize that my actions and words could have such an impact on a person’s life and well-being.

But you weren’t making fun of the actor at the time? Even Mr. Best has made fun of his character, voicing Jar Jar on Robot Chicken and winning an Emmy award for it.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

dahmage said:

The situation with jar jar and Ahmed best does not give excuse for poor treatment of Rose tico and Kelly Tran. What it does is gives us evidence of why we should not permit such behavior. Sadly for myself I was not mature enough at the time of phantom menace to realize that my actions and words could have such an impact on a person’s life and well-being.

But you weren’t making fun of the actor at the time? Even Mr. Best has made fun of his character, voicing Jar Jar on Robot Chicken and winning an Emmy award for it.

No, I didn’t even know who the actor was at that time. But it wasn’t mature behavior all the same.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I don’t like jar jar. Does that make me a threat? Jeez

The same applies with Rose. If you don’t like her, you should be able to not like her.

It’s an entirely different playing field when you are are attacking Ahmed Best or Kelly Marie Tran. That’s terrible. Both are fine actors… no let’s simplify this real people doing their job. We should not attack them.

But we should be allowed to critique the characters.

The Clone Wars Cinematic Universe

Maul- Part of the CW Cinematic Universe (but old)

Author
Time

While it will be a journey, I do believe that The Rise of Skywalker will be quite character driven.

Noah Lawson

Author
Time

JJ doesn’t strike me as the kinda guy who’d put out a movie that length, but I’d be totally okay with it too (if warranted).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DominicCobb said:

JJ doesn’t strike me as the kinda guy who’d put out a movie that length, but I’d be totally okay with it too (if warranted).

Not to go off topic, but I did see Avengers: Endgame this weekend. Kevin Feige said that it has the perfect runtime, and I can say that he’s absolutely right. I believe The Rise of Skywalker will have the best runtime. Some movies work best long, some work best short. The Last Jedi was two and a half hours long. Personally, I thought it worked, but she may disagree saying that it could’ve been shorter. Plus, when I make my own fan edits, runtime is usually the last element I think of in the creative process.

Noah Lawson