Sign In

Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker - Discussion * SPOILER THREAD * — Page 127

Author
Time

15 days until the first of us will know what spoilers were right and what were BS.

Author
Time

yotsuya said:

15 days until the first of us will know what spoilers were right and what were BS.

13 days in some countries. I’ll be seeing it in 14 days. Looking forward to it.

When I saw TFA the identity of Kylo Ren and the death of Han had been spoiled for me, but I enjoyed it regardless. I went into TLJ completely unspoiled and enjoyed that as well. TLJ had some big surprises that I enjoyed not knowing about beforehand. With TROS I have read most leaks and rumors (couldn’t stop myself) but will try to avoid confirmed spoilers once people start seeing the movie. I know I’ll enjoy the movie regardless, though. Some studies say that having been spoiled beforehand may actually increase enjoyment, so if the leaks are true I hope that is the case for me.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Perhaps the Sequel Sequel Trilogy will introduce planet-sized ysalamiri and balance will finally, truly be brought to Force.

No, Rey is going to meet Jedi Knight Bristow and her master Jedi Rimbaldi, who will teach her how to use the Wayfarer device to trap Kylo Ren and her. They will be locked in there for all eternity, bringing balance to the force via their unconsumated attraction to each other.

Author
Time

pleasehello said:

thedewback2 said:

emanswfan said:

I’m sure it won’t be anything larger than what happened in Endgame, but I’m still happy to hear some progress towards LGBTQ inclusion in the Star Wars movies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/star-wars-rise-skywalker-director-j-j-abrams-hints-lgbtq-n1095496

This was leaked a little while back. Two female Resistance pilots kiss before the final battle.

Found them!

Wow. So representation. Much inclusion.

“If you err it is not for me to punish you. We are punished by our sins not for them.”

— Elbert Hubbard

Author
Time

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

here you go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit

Author
Time

regularjoe said:

timdiggerm said:

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

here you go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit

I kinda hope that is accurate. That is about the level of detail of the TFA leaks that proved very accurate. We will see.

Author
Time

yotsuya said:

regularjoe said:

timdiggerm said:

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

here you go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit

I kinda hope that is accurate. That is about the level of detail of the TFA leaks that proved very accurate. We will see.

I’m fine with all the leaks, I just hope there’s more to the fate of Kylo/Ben. That’s the only thing I feel strongly about. But I think it’s likely that the leaks are incomplete and in some cases only true from a certain point of view. There are a lot of crucial details missing. But I will go into the movie expecting the worst and see what happens.

Author
Time

Sir Ridley said:

yotsuya said:

regularjoe said:

timdiggerm said:

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

here you go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit

I kinda hope that is accurate. That is about the level of detail of the TFA leaks that proved very accurate. We will see.

I’m fine with all the leaks, I just hope there’s more to the fate of Kylo/Ben. That’s the only thing I feel strongly about. But I think it’s likely that the leaks are incomplete and in some cases only true from a certain point of view. There are a lot of crucial details missing. But I will go into the movie expecting the worst and see what happens.

The leaked plot stuff seems mostly fine to me as well. Kind of standard, mostly predictable stuff; nothing groundbreaking. Honestly, the dumbest part of the new plot has already been officially revealed which is that Palpatine is returning somehow.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

pleasehello said:

Sir Ridley said:

yotsuya said:

regularjoe said:

timdiggerm said:

Hey everyone, I accidentally read some spoilers, so I guess I’m here now instead of the no-spoiler thread. Anyway, the stuff I read was pretty crazy, but then I read some other stuff that seemed to conflict it. So…is there anywhere where I can read a summary of the current state of speculation and leaks, instead of sifting through 127 pages?

here you go

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit

I kinda hope that is accurate. That is about the level of detail of the TFA leaks that proved very accurate. We will see.

I’m fine with all the leaks, I just hope there’s more to the fate of Kylo/Ben. That’s the only thing I feel strongly about. But I think it’s likely that the leaks are incomplete and in some cases only true from a certain point of view. There are a lot of crucial details missing. But I will go into the movie expecting the worst and see what happens.

The leaked plot stuff seems mostly fine to me as well. Kind of standard, mostly predictable stuff; nothing groundbreaking. Honestly, the dumbest part of the new plot has already been officially revealed which is that Palpatine is returning somehow.

I think his return will help tie the sequels into the prequels and originals. And if anyone in Star Wars could cheat death it would be him, so I think it makes sense. There’s probably some explanation in the film. But I don’t really care how they explain it, I’m just exited to see him again.

Author
Time

Honestly I think the Death Star Destroyers is stupider.

Anyway, I think I’m hoping the Matt-Smith-Young-Palpy-Clone is true.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

‘Star Wars’ Kathleen Kennedy on the Long Road to Ending the Skywalkers’ Story’:-

https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-on-the-long-road-to-ending-t-1840267035
 

‘Look for more from our chat with Kennedy and Rejwan next week where we discuss the decisions to reveal Palpatine and Dark Rey in the marketing, releasing The Mandalorian at the same time at The Rise of Skywalker, and the difficulty of coming up with that title.’
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Kinda confused by the article but essentially, certain directors didn’t get to direct simply because they weren’t part of the round table discussion during TFA’s drafting process and beyond? Does that mean Rian Johnson was part of those meetings? And if they wanted different directors, why is J.J. back other than being easy to work with?

Rise of Skywalker still weirds me out as a title of a movie that’s going to be the last film in the Skywalker saga. Sounds more like a beginning. Anakin Skywalker fell in the prequels, Luke Skywalker rose to Jedi Knight in the originals. Leia is the only Skywalker left in the film, at least in the flesh, along with Ben. But by this point, the Skywalkers have already risen to some form of high status in their respective fields. What more does this bloodline have to rise to and from?

The Rise of Failures

Author
Time

I haven’t been on here much lately, but we’re all expecting a LOTR Return Of The King style force ghost battle by now right?

They told me they’d fixed it!

Author
Time

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

Worlds serve stories, and once the story is told the world goes away. To set something else in the same world is merely to craft a similar world for a new story.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

Correction. He’ll cut her head in half. And inside he will find another, smaller Rey. And it will turn out Rey is really a matryoshka droid.

“If you err it is not for me to punish you. We are punished by our sins not for them.”

— Elbert Hubbard

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

I predict that he then undergoes a medical procedure to attach her head next to his own, and this two headed monster proceeds to rule the galaxy as Emperor Reylo.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sir Ridley said:

Hal 9000 said:

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

I predict that he then undergoes a medical procedure to attach her head next to his own, and this two headed monster proceeds to rule the galaxy as Emperor Reylo.

Just what we need, a The Thing with Two Heads rehash.

“If you err it is not for me to punish you. We are punished by our sins not for them.”

— Elbert Hubbard

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DuracellEnergizer said:

Sir Ridley said:

Hal 9000 said:

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

I predict that he then undergoes a medical procedure to attach her head next to his own, and this two headed monster proceeds to rule the galaxy as Emperor Reylo.

Just what we need, a The Thing with Two Heads rehash.

It is inevitable at this point. Remember Maz’s line from TFA: “The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is a head.”

Author
Time

Sir Ridley said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Sir Ridley said:

Hal 9000 said:

I predict Kylo Ren will cut Rey’s head off.

I predict that he then undergoes a medical procedure to attach her head next to his own, and this two headed monster proceeds to rule the galaxy as Emperor Reylo.

Just what we need, a The Thing with Two Heads rehash.

It is inevitable at this point. Remember Maz’s line from TFA: “The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is a head.”

Holy shit, that is brilliant and I hate you for it.