Sign In

Episode IX Opening Crawl

Author
Time

Why would they rename the Resistance the Second Rebel Alliance? That’s pointless and confusing. As much as I would love to see a new generation of Jedi, Lucasfilm clearly doesn’t care for that. Why would Leia be killed offscreen?

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Why would they rename the Resistance the Second Rebel Alliance? That’s pointless and confusing. As much as I would love to see a new generation of Jedi, Lucasfilm clearly doesn’t care for that. Why would Leia be killed offscreen?

They already renamed it and called them the Rebels in TLJ and a track on the soundtrack is “The Rebellion Is Reborn”… so blame Rian on that one. How else would you handle Leia? They said she would not be in the movie.

The Skywalker Saga Viewing Order:
I: C.O.D. | II: T.A.S. | III: L.O.E.
IV: Revisited | V: Revisited | VI: Revisited
VII: Restructured | VIII: Rekindled | IX: Ascendant

This is the way.

Author
Time

I interpretted it as the rebellion is reborn in spirit. It’s still technically the Resistance. It’s like how the track “The Starkiller” is a sort of play on words, since the base is called Starkiller Base, not the Starkiller.

You’re gonna need a source for that claim that Leia won’t be in Episode IX. AFAIK, all they said was that they wouldn’t reconstruct her with CGI. I’m expecting them to repurpose footage from Episode VIII. If they weren’t gonna feature her at all in the next one, they would’ve had her die in VIII.

Anyway, the ideas proposed in your crawl are just an utter mess.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Anyway, the ideas proposed in your crawl are just an utter mess.

How about you suggest some ideas and possibilities for his crawl instead of that?

We’re a community that helps each other with stuff like this - not rags on them.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

It fails as a prediction as well. Like I said, if Lucasfilm did want to kill Leia before IX, they would’ve done it in VIII. They could’ve easily had her not float back to the ship from the vaccum of space, and the plot wouldn’t suffer. All my other critisisms are also things I don’t think they’ll do.

Author
Time

oojason said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Anyway, the ideas proposed in your crawl are just an utter mess.

How about you suggest some ideas and possibilities for his crawl instead of that?

We’re a community that helps each other with stuff like this - not rags on them.

It’s not like I’m explaining the problems with this crawl. Besides, if this is supposed to be a realistic prediction, I don’t think we have enough to go off of yet.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

It fails as a prediction as well. Like I said, if Lucasfilm did want to kill Leia before IX, they would’ve done it in VIII. They could’ve easily had her not float back to the ship from the vaccum of space, and the plot wouldn’t suffer.

Except that there would be an even more massive outcry about how the fans were robbed of a Luke/Leia reunion.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

To that I say screw them. We never got to see the original three reunite, after all.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

It fails as a prediction as well. Like I said, if Lucasfilm did want to kill Leia before IX, they would’ve done it in VIII. They could’ve easily had her not float back to the ship from the vaccum of space, and the plot wouldn’t suffer. All my other critisisms are also things I don’t think they’ll do.

You couldn’t do that without changing large amounts of the story. They would have to rethink it and reshoot most of the Raddus and Crait scenes and it would have pushed the movie back a year at least.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

lovelikewinter said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

It fails as a prediction as well. Like I said, if Lucasfilm did want to kill Leia before IX, they would’ve done it in VIII. They could’ve easily had her not float back to the ship from the vaccum of space, and the plot wouldn’t suffer. All my other critisisms are also things I don’t think they’ll do.

You couldn’t do that without changing large amounts of the story. They would have to rethink it and reshoot most of the Raddus and Crait scenes and it would have pushed the movie back a year at least.

I think they could just recut the rest using shots where she wasn’t present, but I suppose that could maybe delay the movie another six months.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DZ-330 said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Why would they rename the Resistance the Second Rebel Alliance? That’s pointless and confusing. As much as I would love to see a new generation of Jedi, Lucasfilm clearly doesn’t care for that. Why would Leia be killed offscreen?

They already renamed it and called them the Rebels in TLJ and a track on the soundtrack is “The Rebellion Is Reborn”… so blame Rian on that one. How else would you handle Leia? They said she would not be in the movie.

Ah 77, my favourite year even if i wasn’t alive

Author
Time

Zak fett said:

DZ-330 said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Why would they rename the Resistance the Second Rebel Alliance? That’s pointless and confusing. As much as I would love to see a new generation of Jedi, Lucasfilm clearly doesn’t care for that. Why would Leia be killed offscreen?

They already renamed it and called them the Rebels in TLJ and a track on the soundtrack is “The Rebellion Is Reborn”… so blame Rian on that one. How else would you handle Leia? They said she would not be in the movie.

They’ll probably have to say that Leia is on a separate mission she died

Ah 77, my favourite year even if i wasn’t alive

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Zak fett said:

Zak fett said:

DZ-330 said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Why would they rename the Resistance the Second Rebel Alliance? That’s pointless and confusing. As much as I would love to see a new generation of Jedi, Lucasfilm clearly doesn’t care for that. Why would Leia be killed offscreen?

They already renamed it and called them the Rebels in TLJ and a track on the soundtrack is “The Rebellion Is Reborn”… so blame Rian on that one. How else would you handle Leia? They said she would not be in the movie.

Ah 77, my favourite year even if i wasn’t alive