I was pumped. I was open minded. But what the f***?
This film had many many problems. I had heard reports all week about "how it was the best of the prequels" (that's not saying much), how people liked it second to "Empire"???!!!
Was I at the right movie last night??
* the film was soooo rushed, especially Anakin's turning. One minute he has his lightsaber at Palpy's throat, the next he's cutting off Mace's hand and watching him float out a window saying "What have I done?" and seconds later he's nealing in front of Palpatine embracing the dark side and the Sith??!!! Just like that, your no longer a Jedi, you're a Sith and off he waltzes to do some bad shit.
* R2 flying in AOTC was one thing, but shitting oil and lighting it on fire to get away from some battle droids??!! Sure.
* the editing was typical of Ben Burtt, cut and pasted like a f***ing novice.
* the use of new transition styles. What was with those checkerboard scene transitions???!!! They aren't in any of the other films but Lucas introduces them in the last film of the prequels???!!! Dumb.
* the opening space battle- what an anti-climax! The whole scene did little to push the story along, more CG showing off. Stupid camera pans, having Anakin say the Solo line from ANH "This is where the fun begins". Please.
* And the biggest thing....NO EXPLANATION OF DISAPPEARING JEDI!!!! Grrrrr that made me so angry. Its like George got to the end of the script and then forgot this part. Oh, its ok, we can have Yoda tell Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon has returned from the "nether world". A one sentence f***ing answer!!!!
* many more bad ideas, Griveous, completely unneccessary and a stupid character at that; Obi-Wan riding a giant lizard. Pointless.
This film and I guess the prequels in general had so much potential, but alas, George has failed again in my opinion. The prequels really should be shelved under "shit house" in the video store section.
No repeat viewings for me.
Lets hope the Ep3 DVD can fix up a lot of the problems this film had.