Originally posted by: Master Sifo-Dyas
Once the '2oo4 editions' are out on DVD I will use all my available resources to recut the films to my liking, undoing all the changes I did not like (hopefully I'll have a dual layer burner by then, so I can put both german and english audio tracks on there).
Originally posted by: jimbo
Id like to do the same thing really. I would have to do very little editing since I oviously love the vast majority of the changes. My edit would be the 2004 edition except
Han shoots first (I know Joe_H that is looks alot better then 1997 but I still liked it better in its original form)
Jabba scene would still be there except the camera pulls away when Han steps on Jabbas tail
Bobas has his old voice
Shaw would play Anakins ghost
Master Sifo-Dyas you claim you would like to edit out bad changes. Which ones would you edit out? I gave mine.
Well, I'm haven't really thought in detail about the changes I plan to take back, but here's what I could come up with from the top of my head:
- Remove 'funny' slapstick scenes like the robo-drone teasing the worker droid and the java falling from his steed.
- Restore the wolfman to the cantina scene.
- Restore Han not waiting for Greedo to shoot first
- Cut the infamous Jabba/Boba Fett/Falcon appearing ahead of their time scene
- Restore the original Alderaan explosion
- Restore the blaster chest-impacts on Imperial Officers aboard the deathstar
- Eventually restore the old Dianoga eye (since I don't really like yet another cat-eyed monster)
- Restore the old deathstar explosion
- Find a smart way to reedit the 'Emperor's phone call' scene, to avoid Vader having to say new lines (and probably cutting down on the dumbed down 'in-your-face' mentioning of Luke). If that should not be possible, undo the change and use the old scene.
- Restore Luke's 'you're lucky you don't taste very good' line
- Restore Vader's original 'ugh' when he falls from the carbon freeze platform
- Remove the Emperor's deathshout from Luke's plunge down the ventilation shaft on Bespin
- Restore Vader's line to 'Bring my shuttle', leaving the expanded scene intact with the exception of the recycled RotJ shots inside the stardestroyer's hangar.
- Eventually cutting down on the number of the 'opened up' wall scenes on cloud city.
- Eventually restoring the old 'lapti nek' scene
- Restoring Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost (and remove the lines that explain hayden's appearance in epVI from epIII, once that is out on DVD)
That's all I can come up with for now. Yet I think it'll be enough work already