Sign In

Disney Mickey's Christmas Carol Hybrid (4:3 + 16:9) (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Disney Mickey’s Christmas Carol 4:3 + 16:9 overlay. Result - better crop, than both.
Example screens (expand spoiler)

16-9
16-9-mkv-20200517-235728.jpg
4-3
4-3-mkv-20200517-235713.jpg
Hybrid
4-81-1-mkv-20200517-235652.jpg

4-3-mkv-20200518-001324.jpg
4-81-1-mkv-20200518-001307.jpg

If any interest - feel free to ask

Author
Time

I’d love to see this. In fact, I’d love to see several films combine the open matte with the 16x9 for the same effect.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

heathen3017 said:

I’d love to see this. In fact, I’d love to see several films combine the open matte with the 16x9 for the same effect.

Something like this

FastPic.Ru

FastPic.Ru

FastPic.Ru

Author
Time

tonik2000 said:

heathen3017 said:

I’d love to see this. In fact, I’d love to see several films combine the open matte with the 16x9 for the same effect.

Something like this

FastPic.Ru

FastPic.Ru

FastPic.Ru

Yes…absolutely. The first ones that I would love to see are the LOTR and Hobbit trilogies (extended for both).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

heathen3017 said:

Yes…absolutely. The first ones that I would love to see are the LOTR and Hobbit trilogies (extended for both).

1st film of both trilogies alredy exist

Author
Time

Nicely done, I can’t see the join. Is that AviSynth’s AutoOverlay?

Author
Time

tonik2000 said:

boffy said:

Nicely done, I can’t see the join. Is that AviSynth’s AutoOverlay?

Yes, it is. Use it too?

I tinkered with it for one shot of my Freddie Mercury video, but couldn’t get it looking as good as you’ve done so ended up just aligning it manually in Resolve. My two source videos were rather different from each other in exposure, colouring, noise/grain, etc…

Author
Time

Just finished watching it. The 4:3 footage and the 16:9 footage were perfectly joined. I looked really hard, I could not find any instance of frames not aligning, even in fast motion scenes like the door locking sequence (which I even freeze framed to verify).

I also looked to see if I could notice any drop in picture quality from the central portion to the top and sides, but it all looked normal. Again, it all blends well.

Your version allows us to see the most picture, like the star on top of the Christmas tree in Cratchit’s home (that would have been missing in the 16:9 version) and the full “Home Sweet Home” sign (whose right side would have been missing in the 4:3 version).

Thank you for your great work in this. This is going to be fun to watch at Christmas time.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MoviesGamesMusic said:
I would love a link please. Always loved this as a little boy.

PM send

The Shade said:

Thx for this replay. Glad U like it. I made it for my douther, but shis only 2,5 y.o. and she did not appreciate. Maby later.

boffy said:

… My two source videos were rather different from each other in exposure, colouring, noise/grain, etc…

Yes its problem. Colour match so laborious, that its almost impossible to do for free. I try “Flight of the dragon” cartoon (which I really like) and its seems imposible to mutch Bluray colours to DVD. Noise/grain can deal much easy.