Sign In

Despecialized Editions by Harmy : Index of 'How-To's & Help' Threads | Index of 'General Despecialized Threads' | ‘Where are they? And how do I get them?’ mega-merge thread... — Page 7

Author
Time

sumyungguy said:

I was able to find it on usenet but some of the rars are corrupt. Tried redownloading but same thing-
any work arounds for this?

SnooPac’s link to HanDuet’s post is now the easiest way to obtain the DEEDs starting from scratch. But I have sent you a PM in case you’d rather try to fix your corrupted downloads first. (To read your PMs, click the speech bubble by your avatar at the top right.)

Bluto

Author
Time
 (Edited)

As you own the official blu ray set of the Original Trilogy you are eligible to acquire Harmy’s Despecialized Editions.
 

The custom blu ray set you are after can be found here:-

NJVC Custom Blu-ray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions now available on Mega

in the ‘Star Wars Preservation’ forum.
 

solkap has provided a step-by-step guide on how to acquire this particular set.

If you have any issues then that will likely the most suited thread to ask any questions in - MTFBY 😃

Tighten Up and then turn it all the way up to 11!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi & welcome Pizza Time,

There are a few options in obtaining the Despecialized Editions, which are mentioned in this thread:-

Some info & help for Harmy’s Despecialized Editions of the Original Trilogy… - in the ‘General Assistance’ section of the site.
 

As well as some more ideas mentioned here:-

I don’t have a computer to acquire project X - or blu ray writer to burn project X to disc - please help…

^ from the ‘How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com thread - which has a few other related posts in there too.

 

Re the subject of the Despecialized Editions and other projects being sold for profit online etc, this thread may be of interest:-

Dealing with People Selling Fan Projects

^ listed in the An Index & Help Thread for Star Wars Preservations… thread.
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

I’d recommend you look into 4K77 and 4K83 for Star Wars and Jedi respectively. I hope it’s alright to mention that the Star Wars Trilogy Forums would be a good place to seek additional information about them. Empire Revisited might be a consideration for ESB - it’s in 720p, like Despecialised, and it does retain some of the Special Edition changes, so if you’re looking for an absolute purist approach it won’t be suitable, but it’s an extremely polished version of Empire with many fixes, extra attention to detail, and some stunning new shots, especially on Bespin (there’s no 4K80 yet, though there is the older Dreamastered project).

Author
Time

Pizza Time said:

But I can’t download them on my software

Why not? What is it about your “software” that prevents you from being able to download them?

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’d keep trying a little longer using oojason’s links – the DeEds are very much worth it.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Pizza Time said:

But I can’t download them on my software

Why not? What is it about your “software” that prevents you from being able to download them?

The only computer I have is a horrible chromebook. It’s really only good for email.

Author
Time

sade1212 said:

I’d recommend you look into 4K77 and 4K83 for Star Wars and Jedi respectively. I hope it’s alright to mention that the Star Wars Trilogy Forums would be a good place to seek additional information about them. Empire Revisited might be a consideration for ESB - it’s in 720p, like Despecialised, and it does retain some of the Special Edition changes, so if you’re looking for an absolute purist approach it won’t be suitable, but it’s an extremely polished version of Empire with many fixes, extra attention to detail, and some stunning new shots, especially on Bespin (there’s no 4K80 yet, though there is the older Dreamastered project).

Thank you, I’ll look into it.

Author
Time

Pizza Time said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Pizza Time said:

But I can’t download them on my software

Why not? What is it about your “software” that prevents you from being able to download them?

The only computer I have is a horrible chromebook. It’s really only good for email.

That shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have an Internet connection and a large enough hard drive (which can be an external USB hard drive), right? Granted, I know next to nothing about Chromebooks, so maybe something else about them precludes being able to download large files…

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

Pizza Time said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Pizza Time said:

But I can’t download them on my software

Why not? What is it about your “software” that prevents you from being able to download them?

The only computer I have is a horrible chromebook. It’s really only good for email.

That shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have an Internet connection and a large enough hard drive (which can be an external USB hard drive), right? Granted, I know next to nothing about Chromebooks, so maybe something else about them precludes being able to download large files…

I confirm that you can download a torrent or a Usenet file with a simple Chromebook. Even with a simple USB key…
You just need an Internet connection, but you have one obviously 😃

Author
Time

I’m struggling to figure out how to do this. What program did you use when you downloaded it?

Author
Time

For ANH and TESB I highly recommend the D+77 and D+80 projects by oohteedee.

His main sources are the new D+ 4K remasters and the 4K77 and 4K80 projects. The goal isn’t 100% theatrical like despecialized, but its “theatrical in spirit”. Basically his goal was just to remove the scenes with added CGI and restore them using 4K77 and 4K80 elements. All the recomposits of original elements that were done for the 97SE were left in because he believes they look better and I have to agree with him. I don’t see anything wrong with leaving those in since they are original elements, but just better composited. Also you have tons of audio options using original mixes.

As far as ROTJ goes, just go for one of the 4K83 releases for now. Someone does plan on doing a D+ 83 once the 4K UHDs are released though.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

 
These should prove of some assistance:-

Welcome to the OriginalTrilogy.com; Introduce yourself in here + useful info within…

About | Help | OT.com Forum Rules and Guidelines | Fan Edit / Preservation Forum Rules and FAQ

‘How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com - some info & answers to members’ queries | The General Assistance section.

The various pinned Index Threads located in the relevant site sections also contain helpful and useful information too.
 

A little patience and effort can go a long way on here - good luck with it… 😃

 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

What makes you think the availability of Despecialized Editions on the forums.thestarwarstrilogy.com does not also use torrents or usenet (or something similar)?
 

As mentioned in the other thread on the Despecialized Editons in this part of the site:-

Some info & help for Harmy’s Despecialized Editions of the Original Trilogy… has a couple more options.
 

These two threads are worth looking through as well:-

Despecialized Editions by Harmy : Index of ‘How-To’s & Help’ Threads | Index of ‘General Despecialized Threads’ | ‘Where are they? And how do I get them?’ mega-merge thread…

‘How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com