Sign In

Denoise, Regrain And CC of ESB Grindhouse — Page 6

Author
Time

YoungJaaron said:

Bluto said:

Invites have been closed since early September, sadly.

Does this mean that if you didn’t have a MySpleen account by that time, you’ll never be able to get one?

Difficult to see; always in motion is the future. A number of people have wondered the same thing, but none of the admins there seem to have hinted whether or not invites might be open again in future.

And if so, is there any other way to acquire Dreamaster’s ESB Grindhouse cleanups? They are absolutely astonishing!

Agreed - they are absolutely marvellous. Hats off to Dreamaster on his astonishing restorations. I’m afraid I do not know any other way to acquire them at this time.

Bluto

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bluto said:

YoungJaaron said:

Bluto said:

Invites have been closed since early September, sadly.

Does this mean that if you didn’t have a MySpleen account by that time, you’ll never be able to get one?

Difficult to see; always in motion is the future. A number of people have wondered the same thing, but none of the admins there seem to have hinted whether or not invites might be open again in future.

And if so, is there any other way to acquire Dreamaster’s ESB Grindhouse cleanups? They are absolutely astonishing!

Agreed - they are absolutely marvellous. Hats off to Dreamaster on his astonishing restorations. I’m afraid I do not know any other way to acquire them at this time.

Bluto

FEAR NOT everyone without a spl33n:

I found a Version on a french tracker (YGGT0RRENT) and it worked great.

link removed by moderator

Google is your friend.

#happynewyear

Author
Time

Ay schlanske

Amazing find, I"m on the page but can’t get the torrent link to open with my client. Thoughts?

Author
Time

biodigitaljazz said:

Ay schlanske

Amazing find, I"m on the page but can’t get the torrent link to open with my client. Thoughts?

It’s a semi-private torrent site (with ratio) so you need to create an account and log in before you can download the torrent

It’s completely free though

Author
Time
 (Edited)

schlanske said:

Bluto said:

YoungJaaron said:

Bluto said:

Invites have been closed since early September, sadly.

Does this mean that if you didn’t have a MySpleen account by that time, you’ll never be able to get one?

Difficult to see; always in motion is the future. A number of people have wondered the same thing, but none of the admins there seem to have hinted whether or not invites might be open again in future.

And if so, is there any other way to acquire Dreamaster’s ESB Grindhouse cleanups? They are absolutely astonishing!

Agreed - they are absolutely marvellous. Hats off to Dreamaster on his astonishing restorations. I’m afraid I do not know any other way to acquire them at this time.

Bluto

FEAR NOT everyone without a spl33n:

I found a Version on a french tracker (YGGT0RRENT) and it worked great.

-> Star.Wars.V.L.Empire.Contre.Attaque.1980.TN1.Dreamastered.v2.MULTI.VFF.1080p.PCM.DTS.HDMA.x264-Foxhound

Google is your friend.

#happynewyear

links removed by moderator

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Dreamaster said:

Should I keep going? “After” starts at the half way point of the video.

https://vimeo.com/242596341
Password:
CleanIt

You did an amazing job with v1 and after v2. I don’t understand to read so many people always complaining and requesting perfection. People that can’t do even a small part of what you did. But we are numerous to like what you did. But not requesting you to spend so much time to come for an other version. Perfection is like ‘The Graal’, always looking for it but never getting it. Thanks so much.

Author
Time

Just watched this for the 1st time today. Watched it twice actually but the first time just the first half hour alongside the untouched grindhouse and despecialized for comparison.

My wife was like erm…why do you have three of the same film playing at once? Haha I told her I could explain it but she would be bored lol.

Anyway its a masterpiece of work. Thanks TN1 and of course great work Dreamaster the effort you put in is so beautiful.

Now if someone wants to do a cleaned up version of Harmy’s grindhouse I can add that to my ultimate box set too… 😉

Captain Danielsan’s Disc printing Service thread

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I really love these colors, but dirt/grain removal is not my thing =( Is there another project with just the colors?

(sorry if this has been done to death, I haven’t been active here in a while)

This signature uses Markdown syntax, which makes it easy to add formatting like italics, bold, and lists:

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Before this “dreamastered” version of the grindhouse, Dreamaster did a wonderful single pass colour regrade which I believe kept the grain and dirt largely (or entirely?) intact:

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Single-Pass-Regrade-of-Grindhouse-ESB/id/52161

Being done in a single pass, the colours on this aren’t quite as good as in the more recent dreamastered version, but they’re a significant improvement on the original grindhouse nevertheless.

Bluto

Author
Time

alexp120 said:

jimbotron235 said:
The Fox logo and title cards suffer from very low bitrate. It’s as low as 2Mbps at some >moments, causing some macroblocking artifacts. The picture does get much much better, >especially when it gets to Hoth. Is there a reason the video bitrate is much lower than >version 1?

Dreamaster said:
V2 has all the Despecialized audio tracks, plus fitted for a 25gb blu ray. So the video encode is quite a bit smaller than version 1. Side by side I didn’t notice much of a difference though.

@Dreamaster:

Would you consider re-releasing your corrected version of this project with a higher video bitrate?

This way, folks, here, can load in the audio streams of their choice and not sacrifice the quality of the video, thereby they can appreciate the changes that you’ve made to your work at a higher level. When they are burning the video to a disc, they can decide how much bitrate on the video, itself, to lose to suit their viewing taste.

I second this request.

Dreamaster, this is remarkable what you’ve been able to accomplish with the grindhouse, but the lower bitrate is noticeable when viewing on a large screen. Do you have a version of this with lossless video quality that matches the bitrate of the grindhouse? I can help upload/seed it on myspleen for you.

No worries either way. This is still my go to version of ESB.

Author
Time

Guys it’s SO hard for me to spend more time on the Grindhouse given the glimpses I’ve seen of other potential sources coming on the horizon. The sad part is… I did a total cleaning of reel 4… and I can tell you with even with the rough grain intact (maybe BECAUSE it’s intact) it looks phenomenal (in my not so humble opinion, LOL).

However, when I started cleaning reel 1, that didn’t go as well for the intro crawl as I would have liked, and then I got pulled into the 4K77 project and that kept me busy for several months. Since then I’ve been focusing on losing weight and building strength up in the gym with some serious dieting so that I can be a healthier dad for my kids.

The original posts I made above promised something for Christmas at the end of the year, so let’s just see what happens between now and then. Worst case scenario I could release something incomplete that has 2 or 3 reels cleaned right? There’s a crowd here that would prefer grain and great colors, but with the caveat of dirt and scratches? But like I said… if TN1 and Poita perhaps join forces the Grindhouse print will seem like such a moot point.

Author
Time

I say don’t spend anymore time on this, because as you say, better things are coming. Kids come first!

Author
Time

Poita will probably release his own version later on. I know that the same sources will be shared with others for their projects.

Author
Time

The color is kind of weird for me: It kinda goes ‘back and forward’ in many of the scenes on Hoth and Dagobah (like when Luke is getting R2 out of the lake), is this a problem with every MKV of this or is it exclusive to me?

I have V2 if that helps

Author
Time

mate said:

The color is kind of weird for me: It kinda goes ‘back and forward’ in many of the scenes on Hoth and Dagobah (like when Luke is getting R2 out of the lake), is this a problem with every MKV of this or is it exclusive to me?

I have V2 if that helps

No it is in all of the MKV files cause it isn’t shot by shot CC I believe it is either Automated CC or Reel By Reel CC

Author
Time

Unbelievable work. Thank you so much Dreamaster. Does anyone have a non-Spleen link that they could PM? The YGGT0RRENT links appear to be phishing and Spleen enrollment in closed. Thanks again.

Author
Time

Can someone please provide a list of what the 10 different audio tracks are that are included in this release? Thanks in advance.

Author
Time

JasonA said:

Can someone please provide a list of what the 10 different audio tracks are that are included in this release? Thanks in advance.

V2 has all of the tracks released with the Despecialized Edition (22 tracks in total). V1 only had a single track (an AAC encode of the 1980 Stereo Mix).