Sign In

Deepfake Ideas - Index and Discussion — Page 2

Author
Time

I wonder if it’d be possible to word for word replace all of Christiansen’s dialogue with Lautner’s in RotS just using lines from TCW. There’s plenty of lines that get used as a call back (call forwards?) but I wonder if there’s enough to replace everything and in the correct tones for the scenes.

Author
Time

Since Matt is going to voice Anakin in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, I think the only thing we should worry is that he dubs most of his lines and doesn’t left us with only a handful of them (he also voices Anakin in Battlefront 2)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Something I recently mentioned on OT Radical Redux was deepfaking the original ESB Palpatine onto RotJ Palpatine. I guess there isn’t really enough footage to work with, but it could be acquired through a replica mask.

Since Matt is going to voice Anakin in Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

Is he though? What’s your source? I’d say there’s a 50/50 chance of it going Christensen or more likely an impressionist.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

There’s no confirmed voice cast for LEGO Skywalker Saga, but after Battlefront 2 used the TCW cast, it’d strike me as odd if this game didn’t. The Holiday Special used Matt Lanter, Dee Bradley Baker and JAT for their TCW roles, at least. On the other hand, Droid Tales didn’t use the TCW cast, so there are pre-established LEGO VAs for the prequel/TCW/Rebels characters that LEGO could fall back to (but I for one would be disappointed if they went that route). I definitely wouldn’t expect any actual movie actors - except the eternal Anthony Daniels - because I seriously doubt they’re contractually obliged to do this one.

Author
Time

Fiendish Droid Leader said:

If you’re listing samples in the main post, you might as well link to these:
Young Ian McDiarmid on Rey’s Dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjT1DhfTIoo
Palpatine clones on Exegol: https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1340464/action/topic#1340464

I can’t tell any difference from the original on the Rey’s Dad one, I’m afraid! Still, a good find that someone has at least attempted it.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

The Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition by Rae Carson: The Faraday Edit, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars

Author
Time

sade1212 said:

There’s no confirmed voice cast for LEGO Skywalker Saga, but after Battlefront 2 used the TCW cast, it’d strike me as odd if this game didn’t. The Holiday Special used Matt Lanter, Dee Bradley Baker and JAT for their TCW roles, at least. On the other hand, Droid Tales didn’t use the TCW cast, so there are pre-established LEGO VAs for the prequel/TCW/Rebels characters that LEGO could fall back to (but I for one would be disappointed if they went that route). I definitely wouldn’t expect any actual movie actors - except the eternal Anthony Daniels - because I seriously doubt they’re contractually obliged to do this one.

Like Anthony Daniels as 3PO, Billy Dee Williams always seems to be happy to voice Lando in literally anything. But then, if I was Lando Calrissian, so would I.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

The Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition by Rae Carson: The Faraday Edit, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars

Author
Time

CaptainFaraday said:

Fiendish Droid Leader said:

If you’re listing samples in the main post, you might as well link to these:
Young Ian McDiarmid on Rey’s Dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjT1DhfTIoo
Palpatine clones on Exegol: https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1340464/action/topic#1340464

I can’t tell any difference from the original on the Rey’s Dad one, I’m afraid! Still, a good find that someone has at least attempted it.

I don’t believe they did a very good job on that one. The machine needed more source material of his face. Then again, not sure where you could get that for a young Ian McDiarmid.

Tragedy of Vader - A Novelization of The Rise of Skywalker

Author
Time

For yucks, I wonder what an AI trained on CGI Tarkin in Rogue One would do with him in ANH.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Are you suggesting Anakin’s face texture in that video isn’t already a gloriously photorealistic piece of artistry, handcrafted by a true Photoshop artisan?

Sarcastic narcissism aside, that’s a great idea.

Author
Time

Ah, the scene’s complete! My issue now is the opposite one - almost downscaling it into a dream/memory sequence so I can use the scene in my Clone Wars edit…

Author
Time

EddieDean said:

thebluefrog said:

  1. I think it’d be a good idea to make a list of potential deepfake SOURCES. Other movies, games, audiobooks, interviews, etc. That would be a valuable resource for project makers to come visit the thread.

Very valuable idea. I’m happy to maintain the index, but I don’t have the time to actively hunt that all down myself. But anything that’s dropped into this thread, I’ll arrange and present in a sensible way. If it starts to get complex I’ll gladly convert it all into a spreadsheet or some other sensible reference format.

Well, just for starters, I’d say a good useful list of sources would include:

Voice clips:
-Video games. Checking the credits will show who voiced who. Let’s Play videos would be a good source.
-Audiobooks, especially if an actor reads them.
-Cartoons where the actors appear, such as Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill.
-Youtube/online, such as Disney’s Star Wars Kids, which has actors reprise their roles. This one is good for secondary characters like Rose.
-Interviews. Often an actor will drop into character and do “the voice”, such as James Earl Jones.
-Promos and commercials: Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford did rare commercials back in the 80s. For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGdJ9kfUw4&feature=youtu.be

Video clips:
-Deleted scenes, obviously.
-Making-of documentaries, which often have alternate camera angles.
-Commercials that sometimes use longer footage.
-Video game cutscenes, which can be movie quality.
-Footage from other movies, especially if they do sci-fi.
-Interviews. While they wouldn’t be in costume, their facial expressions could be used for deepfakes. I have an idea that Finn COULD be deepfaked by using footage of Boyega protesting in real life.
-Social media of the actors. Sometimes they put good quality personal vids, which again can be used for deepfake coding.

If the community works together, we could create a list just by randomly noticing things online in our daily internet browsing. “Hey, that could be useful to someone!” Then all we need is a thread for people to regularly drop links into easily.

Author
Time

thebluefrog said:

EddieDean said:

thebluefrog said:

  1. I think it’d be a good idea to make a list of potential deepfake SOURCES. Other movies, games, audiobooks, interviews, etc. That would be a valuable resource for project makers to come visit the thread.

Very valuable idea. I’m happy to maintain the index, but I don’t have the time to actively hunt that all down myself. But anything that’s dropped into this thread, I’ll arrange and present in a sensible way. If it starts to get complex I’ll gladly convert it all into a spreadsheet or some other sensible reference format.

Well, just for starters, I’d say a good useful list of sources would include:

Voice clips:
-Video games. Checking the credits will show who voiced who. Let’s Play videos would be a good source.
-Audiobooks, especially if an actor reads them.
-Cartoons where the actors appear, such as Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill.
-Youtube/online, such as Disney’s Star Wars Kids, which has actors reprise their roles. This one is good for secondary characters like Rose.
-Interviews. Often an actor will drop into character and do “the voice”, such as James Earl Jones.
-Promos and commercials: Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford did rare commercials back in the 80s. For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGdJ9kfUw4&feature=youtu.be

Video clips:
-Deleted scenes, obviously.
-Making-of documentaries, which often have alternate camera angles.
-Commercials that sometimes use longer footage.
-Video game cutscenes, which can be movie quality.
-Footage from other movies, especially if they do sci-fi.
-Interviews. While they wouldn’t be in costume, their facial expressions could be used for deepfakes. I have an idea that Finn COULD be deepfaked by using footage of Boyega protesting in real life.
-Social media of the actors. Sometimes they put good quality personal vids, which again can be used for deepfake coding.

If the community works together, we could create a list just by randomly noticing things online in our daily internet browsing. “Hey, that could be useful to someone!” Then all we need is a thread for people to regularly drop links into easily.

This one seems in kind of poor taste. The rest, though, absolutely! I never even knew about the Star Wars hotline audio.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

The Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition by Rae Carson: The Faraday Edit, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars

Author
Time

Hello there, I dont know if this counts as deepfake, but would it be possible to correct the cgi temuera morrison’s in revenge of the sith?

Author
Time

There’s no confirmed voice cast for LEGO Skywalker Saga, but after Battlefront 2 used the TCW cast, it’d strike me as odd if this game didn’t. The Holiday Special used Matt Lanter

The difference is that was an original project. The Skywalker Saga is specifically based on movies where Anakin was played by someone who unambiguously isn’t Lanter and sounds nothing like him. I’m not saying it won’t be Lanter, I’m just saying it’s far from being a given.