Sign In

Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition Volume 2-UPDATE Discs 1-4 COMPLETE — Page 16

Author
Time

Can someone please send me a copy of this set? Like I said my copys were stolen and I have a crap computer that wont allow me to use any downloading or torrent site to burn them for myself. If anyone can help me send me an email at TNAJason@hotmail.com

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

"When Theres No More Room In Hell,The Dead Will Walk The Earth"
Author
Time

I uploaded all 4 DVD's at Spleen a long time ago, looks like Discs 1 & 2 have been deleted and Discs 3 & 4 are dead, this was a really cool set.

Author
Time

Can anyone point me in the right direction to grab a copy of these discs? All I can find are dead torrent links and dead rapidshare links!

Author
Time

Demonovation said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to grab a copy of these discs? All I can find are dead torrent links and dead rapidshare links!

 

disc 1 of this set 'may or may not be" showing up once again very shortly on fanedit.org

I am a faneditor, check out my stuff

http://fanedit.org/tranzor/

Author
Time
Dawn Of The Dead has been my favorite film since I was a child. Anybody know how to download this? I have no clue how to use newsgroups.
Author
Time

timothy.coyle said:

Dawn Of The Dead has been my favorite film since I was a child. Anybody know how to download this? I have no clue how to use newsgroups.

No idea, sorry. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere anymore. But you could try asking for help on one of the Dawn of the Dead groups on facebook. There's probably a few of them so I'd start with the most active one and go from there.

Failing that, I believe I should have them somewhere...

Author
Time

Buggs me, as i know i have these somewhere. No trustable site to upload them to anymore though.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So, was Volume 2 ever completed or are we now talking about the DVD set? I've been reading through some of this thread, but it seems the conversation turned from making a Volume 2 to discussing the DVD set.

I would love to have the Volume 2 proposed in the OP!

EDIT: I've read through enough to see that this set was completed. Surely some kind soul could re-up this?

Also, shouldn't this be under the Preservations And Other Fan Projects sub-forum?

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time

These are finally back up on myspleen. Get 'em while they're hot.

Author
Time

Dang wish I could figure out how to get a myspleen account. Been wanting this for forever

Author
Time

Can't believe I never heard of this before, but apparently it isn't new. Definitely looking forward to checking it out soon.

Dawn of the Dead is among my favorite films of all time. I even made my own fanedit of it, using the theatrical cut, but adding in some scenes from the extended and European cut, and also with some errors fixed. Yeah, I'd say I'm a big fan!

“Lifes a song you don’t get to rehearse, and every single verse can make it that much worse”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

meedermow said:

OK - so it's been a long time coming - but here's the final details of the first disc of this project...

Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition Volume 2 - Disc 1

Extended Version NTSC 16x9 synched with the following three tracks:

1) The rare 1996 George A Romero/Chris Romero/Tom Savini commentary from the original Elite laserdisc
2) The rarer 1999 Tom Savini/Chris Stravrakis first UK DVD pressing commentary from Bmg Entertainment
3) The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues

I'll write a lot more about the latter track when I've finished the whole disc, but know that it's on there and is a beaut, many thanks to the original donor of the cues, I hope you'll be proud with what I've done with them !

I've just finished the video and audio and I'm VERY happy with it ! Just the menus and authoring to go - this is a quite a big disc, it will weigh in at about 6GB, but I'll reduce it to a DVD5 unless there is mass uproar ! It's the audio tracks that are the most important things here, not the image - and they will be untouched in the compression stage.

So there we go - would love some cover art for the DVD_ROM, so klokwerk if you still have the means, it would be lovely to have it in the next few days ! Loved the original ideas (pre-Rocky Horror show image !) though both would be great.

This is NEARLY there, but I promise will be worth the wait !

Hi,

Could someone explain/give more details about that audio track #3, "The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues"

meedermow was supposed to write more about it but never did.

I'm asking since when you switch from this "Soundtrack only" track to the Extended Cut original audio track, the soundtrack doesn't match. In the "Soundtrack only", when Miguelito bites his mother you ear two Goblin punctuations which are not in the Extended Cut original audio track.

What am I missing there?

I also would like to point out that instead of adding pauses yourself to the track #2 on Disc 1 (Commentary by Tom Savini & Chris Stavrakis) to accomodate those 6 seconds of cut material on the 1999 BMG Distribution DVD (Plaid shirt zombie), you could have used the second BMG Distribution DVD release published in 2003 (quad poster artwork) as this version also has the commentary track by Savini and Stavrakis but already has the pauses added by BMG themselves to accomodate this version which includes those 6 missing seconds from the first BMG DVD release meaning that the 2003 BMG release is as uncut as Anchor Bay's Extended Cut.

Inside of the 2003 BMG DVD release Booklet.

Also, I don't really understand why you qualify this audio commentary track as "rarer" as those DVDs sell for $5 every corner. The "rarer" is the one only available on the LaserDisc right?

By the way, I'm one of the biggest Dawn Of The Dead collector's out there and have a website dedicated to collecting Dawn Of The Dead. Here's the address:

http://dotd.dannyduchesneau.com/

I know about demuxing/ripping DVDs (I'm used to play with "Cell Id") and Blu-rays so if you need anything from my collection I'll be pleased to help. I also work as a professional digital colorist specialized in color management as well as image and workflow quality control, from camera to authoring. Just PM me if you think you could use some help.

Thanks guys, Good Stuff!!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I forgot to say that the Ultimate Edition Volume 2 is really a GREAT companion for any Dawn aficionados out there and would like to say thanks to people who contributed to it.

One thing it's missing though. It's been mentioned in this thread but nobody seems to have listened, it's a 20 mins. Japanese interview with George A. Romero filmed at his home in Pittsburgh. This interview is on the Dawn Of The Dead Japanese Gaga Communication / Emotion Perfect Collection LaserDisc (Cat no. Bell-745)

More info and pictures here: http://dotd.dannyduchesneau.com/laserdisc.html

Here's a link to it on YouTube

Author
Time

doubled77 said:

I forgot to say that the Ultimate Edition Volume 2 is really a GREAT companion for any Dawn aficionados out there and would like to say thanks to people who contributed to it.

One thing it's missing though. It's been mentioned in this thread but nobody seems to have listened, it's a 20 mins. Japanese interview with George A. Romero filmed at his home in Pittsburgh. This interview is on the Dawn Of The Dead Japanese Gaga Communication / Emotion Perfect Collection LaserDisc (Cat no. Bell-745)

More info and pictures here: http://dotd.dannyduchesneau.com/laserdisc.html

Here's a link to it on YouTube

 I have quite a few more "Dawn" related DVDs that at 1 time I was going make a Ultimate Edition Volume 3,but meedermow never answered my messages,and hasnt been online period since May of last year. Id love for someone to help me make the DOTD-UE3 set,as the stuff could be put on fewer discs than they are on currently. I have ZERO know-how as to how to author discs/create menus/etc,so if you or anyone else would be interested in helping me,Im still very much interested in doing it. All I ask is I get the final "product" sent to me on DVD(as I dont download stuff still),and if at all possible,covers made for them,and printed and shipped to me(I would help pay to ship it all,and DVD cases arent needed)

So if anyone is interested,post here,send me a pm,and/or send me an email at TNAJason AT hotmail DOT com

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

"When Theres No More Room In Hell,The Dead Will Walk The Earth"
Author
Time

doubled77 said:

meedermow said:

OK - so it's been a long time coming - but here's the final details of the first disc of this project...

Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition Volume 2 - Disc 1

Extended Version NTSC 16x9 synched with the following three tracks:

1) The rare 1996 George A Romero/Chris Romero/Tom Savini commentary from the original Elite laserdisc
2) The rarer 1999 Tom Savini/Chris Stravrakis first UK DVD pressing commentary from Bmg Entertainment
3) The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues

I'll write a lot more about the latter track when I've finished the whole disc, but know that it's on there and is a beaut, many thanks to the original donor of the cues, I hope you'll be proud with what I've done with them !

I've just finished the video and audio and I'm VERY happy with it ! Just the menus and authoring to go - this is a quite a big disc, it will weigh in at about 6GB, but I'll reduce it to a DVD5 unless there is mass uproar ! It's the audio tracks that are the most important things here, not the image - and they will be untouched in the compression stage.

So there we go - would love some cover art for the DVD_ROM, so klokwerk if you still have the means, it would be lovely to have it in the next few days ! Loved the original ideas (pre-Rocky Horror show image !) though both would be great.

This is NEARLY there, but I promise will be worth the wait !

Hi,

Could someone explain/give more details about that audio track #3, "The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues"

meedermow was supposed to write more about it but never did.

I'm asking since when you switch from this "Soundtrack only" track to the Extended Cut original audio track, the soundtrack doesn't match. In the "Soundtrack only", when Miguelito bites his mother you ear two Goblin punctuations which are not in the Extended Cut original audio track.

What am I missing there?

I also would like to point out that instead of adding pauses yourself to the track #2 on Disc 1 (Commentary by Tom Savini & Chris Stavrakis) to accomodate those 6 seconds of cut material on the 1999 BMG Distribution DVD (Plaid shirt zombie), you could have used the second BMG Distribution DVD release published in 2003 (quad poster artwork) as this version also has the commentary track by Savini and Stavrakis but already has the pauses added by BMG themselves to accomodate this version which includes those 6 missing seconds from the first BMG DVD release meaning that the 2003 BMG release is as uncut as Anchor Bay's Extended Cut.

Inside of the 2003 BMG DVD release Booklet.

Also, I don't really understand why you qualify this audio commentary track as "rarer" as those DVDs sell for $5 every corner. The "rarer" is the one only available on the LaserDisc right?

By the way, I'm one of the biggest Dawn Of The Dead collector's out there and have a website dedicated to collecting Dawn Of The Dead. Here's the address:

http://dotd.dannyduchesneau.com/

I know about demuxing/ripping DVDs (I'm used to play with "Cell Id") and Blu-rays so if you need anything from my collection I'll be pleased to help. I also work as a professional digital colorist specialized in color management as well as image and workflow quality control, from camera to authoring. Just PM me if you think you could use some help.

Thanks guys, Good Stuff!!

 I supplied the two official CD's to Meedermow to create this track. One CD was the official Goblin score and the otehr one was a collection of libary music used in the film. I still have both CD's if you want more details 

 

The Laserdisc commentary was taken from the Elite CAV LD boxset (agin, something i supplied back in the day)

Join the dark side… and get a free cookie!

Author
Time

I still have not figured out how to obtain volume 2 but I would love to see a volume 3 also!

Author
Time

PLEASE HELP! My DVD Copies of DOTD Ultimate Edition Volume 2 and the Dawn of the Dead Extended Mall Hours Cut were damaged moving. I dont have access to any torrents so can someone PLEASE share copies over Google Drive if I provided them my email address. Please guys,I watched these quite a bit and I’m crushed they are now lost to me.

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

"When Theres No More Room In Hell,The Dead Will Walk The Earth"
Author
Time

Hi Everyone,

So I’m going to have a go at Version 3 of this. Main idea is to resync the Japanese Suspiria audio track to a crisp blu ray video and possibly do away with the censorship pausing, I’ll know more once I eventually start work on it.

Also planning on doing the same with the other commentary tracks.

I’ll port over all of the extras from Version 2 and redo all the menus so they are nice looking blu ray style menus.

Question to you all is - is there anything significant missing from Version 2 that you would like to see in Version 3? I’d like to avoid including extras that are available on official versions.

One idea I had is someone has transferred the German Super 8 version and synced an English soundtrack to it:

https://www.dawnofthedead.co.uk/item/dawn-of-the-dead-zombie-ufa-super-8mm-reels/

I’d like to include that, would be great if I could get hold of the full resolution version prior to youtube compression but if not I’ll just rip it from youtube.

Any suggestions welcome. Just a note on timescale, instead of taking on one project and getting it done before moving onto the next, my style is to take on 10 projects at the same time and then never get any of them done! So I don’t know exactly when I’ll get this done, but I will 100% do it, it’s just getting the time.

Thanks

Author
Time

Bearing in mind the lack of response to my post above I’m not sure if there is any interest in this, but I’ve now completed a two disc blu ray updated version of this project.

Blu Ray Disc One (22.4 gig)

Extended Edition in HD with the choice of the Elite Laserdisc Audio Commentary, the UK BMG DVD Audio Commentary and a soundtrack only created using the original drop cues.
HD reconstruction of the Japanese Suspiria Version, using HD video and the original TV broadcast audio, with the choice on the original opening credits or HD opening credits.

Blu Ray Disc Two (18.8 gig)

House of George Romero Interview
Documentary on George A. Romero
The Directors - George A.Romero
G4 Icons - Episode 8 from Season 4 - George A. Romero
Clive Barker’s A-Z of Horror - Episode 3 - Kingdom of the Dead
Son of The Incredibly Strange Film Show - Episode 8 from Season 4 - George A. Romero & Tom Savini
Mall Tour with David Emge, Ken Foree & Lenny Lies
Airstrip Tour with David Emge, Ken Foree & Jim Krut
22 year cast reunion Q&A from Cinema Wasteland
Laserdisc supplementary material
German Super 8 Version with English Language
Japanese Explained Opening
Japanese TV Introduction with English subtitles
George A. Romero’s Introduction to Dawn of the Dead from UK TV 1997
Biohazard 2 aka Resident Evil 2 - two versions of the George Romero Directed Trailer and a short making of documentary