George Lucas may have crossed over to the Dark Side.
In a move worthy of Darth Vader, Lucas' production company plunged a lightsaber through a long-planned "Star Wars" movie marathon at a Brooklyn bar.
Organizers claim Lucasfilm's legal stormtroopers fired off a cease-and-desist order just two days before the event.
Organizers of the 13-hour screening, which had been slated for the Wicked Monk in Bay Ridge on July 3, promptly called it off.
The order cited copyright infringements and added that there was a moratorium on public "Star Wars" screenings.
Mike DeVito, who promoted the event through Facebook, Twitter and a blog, said he was blindsided by the Death Star-like attack -- grousing in true "Star Wars" geek terms that "only a Sith deals in absolutes."
Lucas, he said, "has crossed over" and now gives Vader "a run for his money."
"I've seen the 'Star Wars' movies about 150 times but never in one long run together, and I thought it would be great to put something like this together for like-minded people," DeVito said.
He said more than 200 had been expected to attend the marathon.
"What bothers me most is that they waited until the last minute to notify us, so we couldn't get a chance to try working something out," he groused.
The order said the organizers couldn't show the films because they planned to charge admission. But fliers promoting the event say the only potential cost to patrons was for bar drinks.
Lucas' lawyers also claimed that DeVito and the Wicked Monk hadn't tried to get permission to use "Star Wars" material.
DeVito admitted he'd never thought of it.
"But it wasn't as if we were making money off it," he said.
Lucasfilm did not reply to requests for comment.