An opportunity has arisen to scan and preserve The Dark Knight (2008) by Christopher Nolan. It’s a 7 reel scope print.
The total cost of the project - if funding succeeds - will be between $800 and $950, depending on circumstances that are hard to predict at this time.
For now I will only be collecting pledges to see if enough money can be raised. Only if and when enough pledges are made, the money will be collected and the project will commence.
The final preservation will/would be shared with donators.
Current pledge status: $770 / $800-$950
Current pledge status: $1160 / $1085-$1160
Current pledge status: $1110 / $1110
$500 - Gryfun - DONATION RECEIVED
$10 - FilmD00d - DONATION RECEIVED
$50 - Soupdrinker0 - DONATION RECEIVED
$30 - freedomland - DONATION RECEIVED
$30 - FunkySi - DONATION RECEIVED
$30 - 3Maters - DONATION RECEIVED
$10 - Avatar_Emil_Borg - DONATION RECEIVED
$10 - tomi - DONATION RECEIVED
$20 - kchrules - DONATION RECEIVED
$35 - Aluminium Falcon - DONATION RECEIVED
$35 - SpacemanDoug - DONATION RECEIVED
$20 - trillary dump - DONATION RECEIVED
$20 - sebkarlbjork - DONATION RECEIVED
$30 - Aphroticus - DONATION RECEIVED
-$30 - myself - DONATION SENT
$100 - TheEvilMayor - DONATION RECEIVED
$50 - shiftyeyes - DONATION RECEIVED
$20 - alleycat - DONATION RECEIVED
$15 - SpookyDollhouse - DONATION RECEIVED
$20 - Anonymous
$15 - craigbillet - DONATION RECEIVED
25 EUR - CMMAP - DONATION RECEIVED
AU$10 - Bobson Dugnutt - DONATION RECEIVED
$10 - desertfox - DONATION RECEIVED
$30 - salle
$15 - exile91
I’m sorry, I made a mistake when calculating the costs. The scanning will cost more than I thought after all. However, when the funding was at $710 and the estimated cost was at a maximum of 950, I said I would pay the difference. Hence, I added a $240 pledge by myself, which means we only have about $150 more to raise and then the project can finally commence!
Edit: Since we’re really close now, I will start collecting the donations very soon to also see if everyone is still on board. Should we absolutely fail to raise those extra $150 in the end, I will somehow make it work, I promise it. However it would put quite a strain on me, so I hope we can manage to do it.
Second update, also 15.05.2020:
Well that was quick. Barely 2 hours have passed and we are now fully funded and the project is a go! Assuming all pledges come through of course. Any further donations at this point will otherwise just reduce my own pledge of currently $240.
A major Thank You to everyone who has pledged, no matter the amount! But specifically I also want to express a giant Thank You to Gryfun without whom this would not have been possible, or not have been possible anywhere as fast as it now is commencing.
Final cost is now known, it’s gonna be $1110 in total. The counter has thusly been updated.
Scanning is on its way. As it often happens, we had some technical difficulties, most of which have been solved. But there’s still one imperfection in the scanning process we’re working on. It’s not catastrophic, but worth eliminating if it can be done.
I’ve also received a few further donations, thanks a lot! With those we are now “overfunded”, meaning the original goal is exceeded, effectively putting my own contribution to -$15. I had however spendings related to this project that I didn’t include in the funding total, in particular a color target for color calibrating the scan which cost me around 80 EUR with shipping included, so any further donations will just go towards that.
If anything more should come in beyond that, we could get a hard drive for shipping the data. These are all non-essentiall things, hence not included in the total cost. The project’s success does not critically depend on them, but they make things a little smoother.