Sign In

DVD Version of 1990 VHS Box Set

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Thought I would share this with you guys… These are box sets in the style of my favorite release of Star Wars, the 1990 VHS box set. I designed both DVD and Blu Ray sets. I’ve seen some covers similar to mine floating around, but nobody that I know of has gone all the way with it. These aren’t perfect, so If you want any edits I gladly will do so… I reinforced the inside of the inner slipcase with thin cardboard on all four sides, and on the outer slipcase just the spine. I would suggest printing on the thickest stock of 11x17 paper you can find. If you don’t have an 11x17 printer, you can split it into two documents, print on legal paper, and connect them at the spine. I have also included a Booklet with information similar to the one included in Ronwlim’s box set.
Here are links to some images of the set I made

http://s10.postimg.org/402laapm1/IMG_1173.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/4zkck15kn/IMG_5777_JPG.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/hs8gjyh6f/IMG_5779.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/yvb8fgxvb/IMG_5781.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/ungg6pwfr/IMG_5782.jpg

Here’s the Dropbox Link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0frj31do6ladnf3/AAD4qncW2OeDasUK6FzDEV7Pa?dl=0

Author
Time

Thank you for making this, especially the box to put them in. For me these films could be stored nowhere else

Author
Time

I think the same thing… I coudnt believe nobody had made a box set to match the '90 or '92, so I thought I’d just make one myself. I appreciate the kind words… If you would like any changes just let me know!

Author
Time

Do you have any copies for the slipcovers that could fit for three 11mm bluray cases? (The front and back of each cover is 126mm x 148mm)

Author
Time

I will start once I get back from holiday

Author
Time

Finished… Check the new dropbox folder, its under Blu Ray Box set

Author
Time

Nicely done! I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to find a bluray version of this specific box set, thank you so much for your passionate dedication to this kick-ass box set! 😉

Author
Time

Thank you for the encouragement… I’m glad someone appreciates this set as much as I do… If you need any changes made, let me know.

Author
Time

And I will probably tighten everything up pretty soon, once I actually make the box and find the problems with it… So I’ll let you know if I make any tweaks

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Only just seen this 1990 VHS-based set (in relation to tommyauck’s quality 1993 Japanese Laserdisc covers and discart) - really impressive stuff tommyauck - quite rare to see a box cover for this cool old set too, nice one 😃

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I am away from the site for a while - so please send any queries / PMs to SilverWook, Anchorhead or Tobar - thank you.
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

^This set does look nice. I have unused VHS box art for the Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition of this set.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jetrell Fo said:

^This set does look nice. I have unused VHS box art for the Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition of this set.

Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition, and Special Widescreen Edition, and Definitive Collectors Edition and… and… all ends up a jumble 😃

With all the many different releases I often refer to websites like the superb http://www.swonvideo.com/ (with large picture art of each release) to help me stay on the path of not get getting confused / trying to work out which cover art is based on which release.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I am away from the site for a while - so please send any queries / PMs to SilverWook, Anchorhead or Tobar - thank you.
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

oojason said:

Jetrell Fo said:

^This set does look nice. I have unused VHS box art for the Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition of this set.

Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition, and Special Widescreen Edition, and Definitive Collectors Edition and… and… all ends up a jumble 😃

With all the many different releases I often refer to websites like the superb http://www.swonvideo.com/ (with large picture art of each release) to help me stay on the path of not get getting confused / trying to work out which cover art is based on which release.

What’s weird is mine don’t have the aqua colored stripe on top, it is gray on mine.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jetrell Fo said:

oojason said:

Jetrell Fo said:

^This set does look nice. I have unused VHS box art for the Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition of this set.

Special Letterbox Collector’s Edition, and Special Widescreen Edition, and Definitive Collectors Edition and… and… all ends up a jumble 😃

With all the many different releases I often refer to websites like the superb http://www.swonvideo.com/ (with large picture art of each release) to help me stay on the path of not get getting confused / trying to work out which cover art is based on which release.

What’s weird is mine don’t have the aqua colored stripe on top, it is gray on mine.

The look a little greyer here below too (could it be fading or exposure to light over the years?)

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I am away from the site for a while - so please send any queries / PMs to SilverWook, Anchorhead or Tobar - thank you.
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

This is a really interesting set… cool! 😃