Sign In

Custom blu-ray setfor the Despecialized Editions — Page 7

Author
Time

G E Predator said:

Did some revisions to my Blu-Ray cover designs : http://imgur.com/a/UrFfm

(also still trying to figure out how to post images directly into blog posts)

They all look good - but the Trilogy boxset one looks great mate - nice one - and thanks for sharing 😃

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?”

“Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?” - Oddball, of The Awkward Squad

Author
Time

I’m currently working on making a set but using a set of cleaner, more modern artwork for the cases and slip covers. I got 3 copies of the Skyfall 007 Steelbook version ($5.99 at Best Buy at the moment great deal) and am going to strip the paint off and clean up the metal and will print my artwork on a transparency film and use a transfer medium to slap a nice design onto the steelbooks then cover with a light clear coat. The Despecialized Editions are definitely deserving of some steel, great work Harmy & friends. And of course I have to make 3/4 coverage slipcovers for each so they don’t get scratched to hell. As far as I’ve seen, no one has attempted this, but if I’m wrong and someone has, could you tell me what you used to strip the artwork off a steelbook please? Also anyone who has an idea is more than welcome to offer one up 😃

Author
Time

I don’t currently have the resources to make my own Despecialized editions, however I am willing to pay someone to do it ? Preferably Australia, message me if you are able to !

Author
Time

I had to utilize a print shop to create most of my stuff. Any near you that you could use? If not, I have a resource in Spain that can do pretty much anything that you send him, but shipping to Australia might be a little pricey…

Author
Time

one69chev said:

I had to utilize a print shop to create most of my stuff. Any near you that you could use? If not, I have a resource in Spain that can do pretty much anything that you send him, but shipping to Australia might be a little pricey…

Thanks for the response ! I’ll see if there are any print shops around my area, didn’t even think to look !

Author
Time

Does anyone know the dimensions to the bluray covers for the despecialized editions? specifically the spine? in Australia our standard case is 14mm so I was wondering if its different for these covers, thanks.

Author
Time

These are very awesome, thanks for the hard work! I really REALLY like your blurbs. Well-worded, basically perfect.

Only a few TINY things.

  • Wookiee is spelled with two Es and is usually capitalized I believe.
  • You said “climatic” and meant “climactic”. Climatic refers to the climate.
  • You forgot to capitalize Dark Side in the ROTJ blurb.

Amazing work, Predator.

And again, THANKS!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Disastroid said:

These are very awesome, thanks for the hard work! I really REALLY like your blurbs. Well-worded, basically perfect.

Only a few TINY things.

  • Wookiee is spelled with two Es and is usually capitalized I believe.
  • You said “climatic” and meant “climactic”. Climatic refers to the climate.
  • You forgot to capitalize Dark Side in the ROTJ blurb.

Amazing work, Predator.

And again, THANKS!

Thanks for pointing those out for me. I’ll fix those little errors ASAP

You’re welcome again

Update : Fixed typing errors 😃

Author
Time

These disk cases are awesome! Great work!

Author
Time

If you burn these despecailized editions onto a DVD, can you play it on a DVD player or only a Blu Ray player?

Author
Time

Great work here, many thanks for your contributions!

Author
Time

KyleEverts said:

I’m currently working on making a set but using a set of cleaner, more modern artwork for the cases and slip covers. I got 3 copies of the Skyfall 007 Steelbook version ($5.99 at Best Buy at the moment great deal) and am going to strip the paint off and clean up the metal and will print my artwork on a transparency film and use a transfer medium to slap a nice design onto the steelbooks then cover with a light clear coat. The Despecialized Editions are definitely deserving of some steel, great work Harmy & friends. And of course I have to make 3/4 coverage slipcovers for each so they don’t get scratched to hell. As far as I’ve seen, no one has attempted this, but if I’m wrong and someone has, could you tell me what you used to strip the artwork off a steelbook please? Also anyone who has an idea is more than welcome to offer one up 😃

Hey Kyle,
had I only read your post a little bit sooner! I basically had the same idea, I only didnt know of foto transfer. So what I ended up doing is getting me some Steelbooks (“Transporter 3” ones for 3€ a pice; you could make a case (see what I did there 😉) those werent even deserving of beeing turned into Star Wars cases) and sanding the paint of with some wet metal sandpaper. 1€ for one A4 format sheet; I spend some 12€ one them incl. shipping and ended up having quite some leftovers. I found the 600 grain size to work best. It got the paint of quickly enough and didnt scratch the case too bad. I finished with some 3000 grain size paper, but to be quite honest, I dont think that was even really necessary. 1000 should be sufficient even if you transfer the paint directly onto it. Either way its quite some work; be as meticulous as you want. And I should add that I have no experience doing stuff like that whatsoever. You might even wanna use some polish off some sort, but thats obviously up to you.

I then resized the cover art to fit a steelbook cover template I found in a youtube video and because I thought it might look good, I “added some transparency” to the pictures beforehand. Essentially what I did was delete the white and gray colors using GIMP2. I then printed all of it out on self-adhesive transparent foto paper and just put it on my cases as is. I designed some “interior artwork” as well; pretty easy to do with the template i already had and makes it look so much better!

Anyway, here are my results:
https://postimg.org/gallery/1rnhe7ow2/

I will probably try that transfer stuff though, as I can simply take of the foto paper whenever I want. Thats what I had in mind to begin with, I just didnt think (or google) it through XD
And I have too say, that I am quite pleased with my cases and a little proud of myself as well. 😃

Big thanks of course to phildesfr for providing all the artwork and the BluRays too. Couldnt have done it without that.

Author
Time

Hi, I’m new to this post and I would like to know how I can download the isos (with the menus)

Author
Time

Charly said:

Hi, I’m new to this post and I would like to know how I can download the isos (with the menus)

Please do some research first! It’s amazing what a little reading will do. We get the same kinds of posts all the time here, but if people would take just a little time to do some reading of some posts here or elsewhere, they will find out all they need to know!

(hint: start with the myspleen invite thread.)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

stealthboy said:

Charly said:

Hi, I’m new to this post and I would like to know how I can download the isos (with the menus)

Please do some research first! It’s amazing what a little reading will do. We get the same kinds of posts all the time here, but if people would take just a little time to do some reading of some posts here or elsewhere, they will find out all they need to know!

(hint: start with the myspleen invite thread.)

Before asking I read almost every page of this post and I have not found an answer. On the first page of this post I have seen that the author put a link to a video of the prewiew of the menus and then I have seen all the links to the covers of the blu rays, but I have not seen any link from the isos

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Charly said:
Before asking I read almost every page of this post and I have not found an answer. On the first page of this post I have seen that the author put a link to a video of the prewiew of the menus and then I have seen all the links to the covers of the blu rays, but I have not seen any link from the isos

There is no link to the iso images. That would be too easy! 😃

Author
Time

stealthboy said:

Charly said:
Before asking I read almost every page of this post and I have not found an answer. On the first page of this post I have seen that the author put a link to a video of the prewiew of the menus and then I have seen all the links to the covers of the blu rays, but I have not seen any link from the isos

There is no link to the iso images. That would be too easy! 😃

You could give me an invitation to myspleen. I would thank you very much

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Charly said:

stealthboy said:

Charly said:
Before asking I read almost every page of this post and I have not found an answer. On the first page of this post I have seen that the author put a link to a video of the prewiew of the menus and then I have seen all the links to the covers of the blu rays, but I have not seen any link from the isos

There is no link to the iso images. That would be too easy! 😃

You could give me an invitation to myspleen. I would thank you very much

Please, with all due respect, do your research! You’ll find there is a specific thread for requesting myspleen invites. I even referenced that in my original reply to you. I know you’re new here, but please look around a bit first and figure out how things work. We’re trying really hard to not clutter all the threads with “hey give me an invite!” posts. Too late, I know!

We are all devoted fans who want to experience Star Wars as it was meant to be seen. While we’re trying to have real discussions about all of this it’s a little disheartening to see newbies fly in and demand stuff just because they heard about these “Despecialized” things somewhere.

I guess I’m just old and come from a time where humility and patience are things 😃.

Best of luck, and please see this thread to start your journey:
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Post-in-this-thread-to-request-an-invite-to-MySpleenorg-you-MUST-read-the-first-post/id/8592/

Author
Time

stealthboy said:

Charly said:

stealthboy said:

Charly said:
Before asking I read almost every page of this post and I have not found an answer. On the first page of this post I have seen that the author put a link to a video of the prewiew of the menus and then I have seen all the links to the covers of the blu rays, but I have not seen any link from the isos

There is no link to the iso images. That would be too easy! 😃

You could give me an invitation to myspleen. I would thank you very much

Please, with all due respect, do your research! You’ll find there is a specific thread for requesting myspleen invites. I even referenced that in my original reply to you. I know you’re new here, but please look around a bit first and figure out how things work. We’re trying really hard to not clutter all the threads with “hey give me an invite!” posts. Too late, I know!

We are all devoted fans who want to experience Star Wars as it was meant to be seen. While we’re trying to have real discussions about all of this it’s a little disheartening to see newbies fly in and demand stuff just because they heard about these “Despecialized” things somewhere.

I guess I’m just old and come from a time where humility and patience are things 😃.

Best of luck, and please see this thread to start your journey:
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Post-in-this-thread-to-request-an-invite-to-MySpleenorg-you-MUST-read-the-first-post/id/8592/

I had already gone to that website and requested an invitation, but I have not been given yet. Anyway, I’ll wait and see if anyone is kind enough to give me an invitation.

Author
Time

Charly said:
I had already gone to that website and requested an invitation, but I have not been given yet. Anyway, I’ll wait and see if anyone is kind enough to give me an invitation.

You just joined 9 days ago. Please have some patience! Try to become a member of this community and contribute to some interesting discussions.

Author
Time

stealthboy said:

Charly said:
I had already gone to that website and requested an invitation, but I have not been given yet. Anyway, I’ll wait and see if anyone is kind enough to give me an invitation.

You just joined 9 days ago. Please have some patience! Try to become a member of this community and contribute to some interesting discussions.

Okay, I’ll do that. Thanks for your directions.

Author
Time

Thanks to everyone who posts on this site. I have been in the process of creating my own boxset for a few months now whenever I get time to work on it. I was trying to print the leaflets that are attached in this thread, however I am having trouble getting them to line up properly. I have tried to print the audio, subtitles, and chapters page (pg 2) to the other side of the cover (pg 1) but having trouble getting them to align. I have tried multiple settings but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback?