Sign In

Conscious Release of Adrenaline?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Disclaimer: I'm not an endocrinologist, so I might have no idea what I'm talking about.

 

For about a decade, since my early teens, I've had an ability to induce a set of sensations within myself at will. First I feel like there is something in the back of my head that tenses just a little bit, then I feel a tickling sort of sensation throughout the backs of my legs. From the back part of the upper thighs down to the ankles. Sometimes I can't quite control the intensity. I get carried away and the tingling gets to be too much and I spasm for a second to let out the steam. I can repeatedly activate and disable this mechanism several times a second. My best guess so far is that I can somehow release small amounts of adrenaline into my system at will.

Does anybody else experience this? Any explanations? 

Author
Time

I can will myself stoned... does that count? Well, I can react to people the way I would if I was, at least. And see things the way I would that way. I just have to think about it a lot.

Not sure I entirely relate, though. I just know I can will a certain state of consciousness on myself, but I've never had that out of control-ness about it that you have.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time

Sounds like seizures.

 

 

Author
Time

I have anxiety. I get bursts of adrenaline at random times, unwillingly.

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

I'm thinking the OP is referring to some sort of nascent Force abilities.

Author
Time

As an epileptic I can usually sense an impending seizure and make preparations (like lay down or get to a place of safety before they start).

I once managed to break a seizure to answer a door and talk to a neighbour in an odd fashion for a few seconds before resuming the attack.

I've never heard of anyone being able to will them into happening but the Seizure Condition spectrum throws a very wide net so I wouldn't be surprised (not like that time I picked up taxi cab radio on my fillings, now that was weird).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

McFlabbergasty said:

...First I feel like there is something in the back of my head that tenses just a little bit, then I feel a tickling sort of sensation throughout the backs of my legs. From the back part of the upper thighs down to the ankles. Sometimes I can't quite control the intensity. I get carried away and the tingling gets to be too much and I spasm for a second to let out the steam...

 

Does anybody else experience this? Any explanations? 

Sounds like an orgasm, to me.

Star Wars Episode XXX: Erica Strikes Back

         Davnes007 LogoCanadian Flag

          If you want Nice, go to France

Author
Time

McFlabbergasty said:

Disclaimer: I'm not an endocrinologist, so I might have no idea what I'm talking about.

 

For about a decade, since my early teens, I've had an ability to induce a set of sensations within myself at will. First I feel like there is something in the back of my head that tenses just a little bit, then I feel a tickling sort of sensation throughout the backs of my legs. From the back part of the upper thighs down to the ankles. Sometimes I can't quite control the intensity. I get carried away and the tingling gets to be too much and I spasm for a second to let out the steam. I can repeatedly activate and disable this mechanism several times a second. My best guess so far is that I can somehow release small amounts of adrenaline into my system at will.

Does anybody else experience this? Any explanations? 

That actually sounds more like a mild panic attack to me. At least, when I have panic attacks, they are accompanied by a weird tenseness in the back of my head, tickling/tingling in my extremities, and an overwhelming desire to spasm to release a feeling of building energy. But a panic attack will also include a feeling of dread. How do you feel, emotionally speaking, when this happens?

The mind is an incredible thing, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you are able to consciously alter levels of hormones, or release some neurotransmitters. There are monks that can raise their body temperature at will, so who knows?

Author
Time

Maybe it's like how I can close off my nose by flexing some muscle up there and not have to smell anything.

Very, very advantageous.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

asterisk8 said:

McFlabbergasty said:

Disclaimer: I'm not an endocrinologist, so I might have no idea what I'm talking about.

 

For about a decade, since my early teens, I've had an ability to induce a set of sensations within myself at will. First I feel like there is something in the back of my head that tenses just a little bit, then I feel a tickling sort of sensation throughout the backs of my legs. From the back part of the upper thighs down to the ankles. Sometimes I can't quite control the intensity. I get carried away and the tingling gets to be too much and I spasm for a second to let out the steam. I can repeatedly activate and disable this mechanism several times a second. My best guess so far is that I can somehow release small amounts of adrenaline into my system at will.

Does anybody else experience this? Any explanations? 

That actually sounds more like a mild panic attack to me. At least, when I have panic attacks, they are accompanied by a weird tenseness in the back of my head, tickling/tingling in my extremities, and an overwhelming desire to spasm to release a feeling of building energy. But a panic attack will also include a feeling of dread. How do you feel, emotionally speaking, when this happens?

The mind is an incredible thing, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you are able to consciously alter levels of hormones, or release some neurotransmitters. There are monks that can raise their body temperature at will, so who knows?

No I don't feel "panicked" or a sense of dread like what you are describing. I can will this sensation in calm moments when I have no distractions and obligations and also when I'm behind the wheel on the way to an appointment/class/whatever. I think I might have myself MRI'd or something to get to the bottom of this.

Is this what using the Force feels like? :P 

Author
Time

You should have your ears checked too. My current inner ear problems have created some very strange effects.

Also MRI results can be inconclusive.

Get someone to observe you doing it.

If you can will it to happen try doing that in front of a doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

Get someone to observe you doing it.

Not really sure what this would accomplish. There's nothing to see. If I did this, the other person might as well think I'm just making up a bunch of BS.

 

 

Bingowings said:

You should have your ears checked too. My current inner ear problems have created some very strange effects.

If you can will it to happen try doing that in front of a doctor.

Definitely worth pursuing. I've looked around the intertubes for others who have this condition/ability. Kind of concerned that there might be something wrong with me.

 

 

 

 

Author
Time

You might think there is nothing to see but it wasn't until an expert talked to me and noticed my absence seizures and listened to accounts of my then routine grand mal seizures that I was properly medicated.

Show someone what you mean and maybe you will present with symptoms that only an expert can understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

You might think there is nothing to see but it wasn't until an expert talked to me and noticed my absence seizures and listened to accounts of my then routine grand mal seizures that I was properly medicated.

Show someone what you mean and maybe you will present with symptoms that only an expert can understand.

Sound advice!

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

Album name approved.

 

*Executive memo ends*

Author
Time

doubleKO said:

Album name approved.

 

*Executive memo ends*

I was thinking this as well.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

hmmm... yeah, like the sequel to "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason"

Pink Floyd's "A Conscious Release Of Adrenaline"

doesn't sound too bad.

Author
Time

The double album would include a second album of unreleased material entitled "An Unconscious Release of Adrenaline."

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Coldplay's "A Rush of Adrenaline to the Legs"


*ducks for cover behind a trash can to avoid thrown tomatoes* 

Author
Time

McFlabbergasty said:

Disclaimer: I’m not an endocrinologist, so I might have no idea what I’m talking about.

For about a decade, since my early teens, I’ve had an ability to induce a set of sensations within myself at will. First I feel like there is something in the back of my head that tenses just a little bit, then I feel a tickling sort of sensation throughout the backs of my legs. From the back part of the upper thighs down to the ankles. Sometimes I can’t quite control the intensity. I get carried away and the tingling gets to be too much and I spasm for a second to let out the steam. I can repeatedly activate and disable this mechanism several times a second. My best guess so far is that I can somehow release small amounts of adrenaline into my system at will.

Does anybody else experience this? Any explanations?

Hi mate. Experiencing exactly the same thing since 15 yrs ago… was looking in the net if anyone knows what this is and i spotted this post. Interesting thing is that i use it when i am too sleepy and it gives me a boost and wakens me up for abt 15-20 mins. Would appreciate if you have found what it is.