Sign In

Color matching and prediction: color correction tool v1.3 released! — Page 41

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DrDre said:

There’s an explanation and video tutorial in the first post of the thread. Scroll down a bit to get to the tutorial, where it says “How does it work?”.

I watched that video and did everything and it would not work. If it helps I am on the Mac version.

Author
Time

That’s strange. Sadly, I have no experience with the Mac version. Anyone here with Mac experience who can assist?

Author
Time

I have been using this and it is very good except that it makes all red and yellow oversaturated and green underexposed.

Author
Time

Is there a way to have it ignore a specific color?

Author
Time

Darth telly said:

I have been using this and it is very good except that it makes all red and yellow oversaturated and green underexposed.

That should not happen. Are they identical frames with identical cropping?

Author
Time

DrDre said:

Darth telly said:

I have been using this and it is very good except that it makes all red and yellow oversaturated and green underexposed.

That should not happen. Are they identical frames with identical cropping?

Identical frames but not with identical cropping.

Author
Time

Darth telly said:

DrDre said:

Darth telly said:

I have been using this and it is very good except that it makes all red and yellow oversaturated and green underexposed.

That should not happen. Are they identical frames with identical cropping?

Identical frames but not with identical cropping.

The cropping should be identical (or close to it). Please use the cropping option that is parr of the tool, otherwise you risk artifacts.

Author
Time

So I created a Lut and it looks like this in the color matcher
Screen-Shot-2022-04-11-at-12-17-02-PM.png

this is what it looks like in final cut
bespinwrong.png

Author
Time

Darth telly said:

So I created a Lut and it looks like this in the color matcher
Screen-Shot-2022-04-11-at-12-17-02-PM.png

this is what it looks like in final cut
bespinwrong.png

Could you also post the original frame you regraded?

Author
Time

Did you crop the black bars in the above frame while using the tool?

Author
Time

Just to be clear, the result looks fine in the tool, but wrong in Final Cut? I haven’t had any issues with LUTs in Resolve, but I have never worked with Final Cut. Have you tried using LUTs from the tool in the past?

Author
Time

DrDre said:

Just to be clear, the result looks fine in the tool, but wrong in Final Cut? I haven’t had any issues with LUTs in Resolve, but I have never worked with Final Cut. Have you tried using LUTs from the tool in the past?

Yes you got it right, I have tried using luts from the tool in the past and they worked fine.

Author
Time

Could you share the reference frame. I will create a LUT for you to test.

Author
Time

DrDre said:

Here’s the LUT:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_CkVZJil0nGPP4AHmysFQFnqr9YCvq9o/view?usp=sharing

I do have to remark, that the source here is not of sufficient quality due to extreme black crush.

I think it is a problem with the mac version of the color matcher. The one you gave me turned out good. Here is another example.

Test image
Hobbit-3.png

Reference image
hobbit-4.png

the lut
Hobbitlutthing.png

and here is the actual lut file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YxQxRHe5ql5ayXtQRGhc1cRDNcrC1zRr/view?usp=sharing

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Darth telly said:

DrDre said:

Here’s the LUT:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_CkVZJil0nGPP4AHmysFQFnqr9YCvq9o/view?usp=sharing

I do have to remark, that the source here is not of sufficient quality due to extreme black crush.

I think it is a problem with the mac version of the color matcher. The one you gave me turned out good. Here is another example.

Test image
Hobbit-3.png

Reference image
hobbit-4.png

the lut
Hobbitlutthing.png

and here is the actual lut file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YxQxRHe5ql5ayXtQRGhc1cRDNcrC1zRr/view?usp=sharing

I have the match tool on mac, and it yields literally identical results.

Edit: I use Resolve so maybe that’s why.