Sign In

Color matching and prediction: color correction tool v1.3 released! — Page 39

Author
Time

Williarob said:

I have compiled a 64-bit version for OSX. I tested it on my Macbook pro (still running OSX High Sierra) and on a virtual machine (still running on OSX Sierra), and it worked on both but I can’t tell you for sure that it will run on Catalina, so give it a go:

Web installer (32 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knrZ_7CfXXT71mmyCNUtK5uTD86Eiu3X/view?usp=sharing

Full installer (879 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wf6VVIdVJFEr1TESJ242Ct7eWlidhnKS/view?usp=sharing

Note: either way, you will have to download about 900 MB: the only difference is that the web installer will download the other 800+ MB during install whereas the full installer requires the download up front. When I tested them, the web installer was unable to connect to the matlab URL it needed to in order to download the rest of it, so you might be better off with the bigger download…

I tried to open the installer, but I got a message saying that it “can’t be opened”. I don’t know if it has to do with macOS Catalina or not, but something’s not right.

UncutIsSuperior

Author
Time

Williarob said:

I have compiled a 64-bit version for OSX. I tested it on my Macbook pro (still running OSX High Sierra) and on a virtual machine (still running on OSX Sierra), and it worked on both but I can’t tell you for sure that it will run on Catalina, so give it a go:

Web installer (32 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knrZ_7CfXXT71mmyCNUtK5uTD86Eiu3X/view?usp=sharing

Full installer (879 MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wf6VVIdVJFEr1TESJ242Ct7eWlidhnKS/view?usp=sharing

Note: either way, you will have to download about 900 MB: the only difference is that the web installer will download the other 800+ MB during install whereas the full installer requires the download up front. When I tested them, the web installer was unable to connect to the matlab URL it needed to in order to download the rest of it, so you might be better off with the bigger download…

Dang, neither one works in Catalina. It just gives a prompt that it “can’t be opened.”

Author
Time

Williarob said:

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to make it compatible. It was compiled on OSX using a 64 bit version of Matlab. We might have to wait for a newer version of Matlab.

Appreciate the effort though! Hopefully a newer version works someday, or I’ll roll a computer back, I guess.

Author
Time

Williarob said:

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to make it compatible. It was compiled on OSX using a 64 bit version of Matlab. We might have to wait for a newer version of Matlab.

Whoa, this actually works now for some reason! Before it wouldn’t even install, now somehow it installed fine and opens no problem. Maybe the latest Catalina upgrade fixed something. Thanks again!

Author
Time

Is there any link to the 1.3 windows 10 installer? I was able to use the 1.2 windows installer on my windows 7 PC but the program isn’t showing up after a fresh install on my windows 10 PC.

Author
Time

DrDre said:

Colek said:

Well, then I would want to thank you once more for your work, this tool is really something great 😃

I was wondering if you do have plans on adding batch support to it and multiple threads? Like you could just make list of tests images and references to it and make them export it to LUT automatically. Could leave it overnight to do the work. I can run 8 calculations at once to hit 100% of CPU usage, but setting them up manually takes some time, so threads could be very nice thing too.

I really appriciate your hard work on this, your tool is just fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments! There may be a version with automated processing in the near future. Multithreading is not possible at this point.

Hi DrDre,

Thank you (again) for this amazing software.
Did you eventually make a version with batch support (automated processing)?

Author
Time

So I’m thinking of trying out this tool for my PT regrading project, and I’ve been wondering what might happen if I’m trying to match the 10 bit frames to 8 bit frames? I’d imagine it may create artifacts.

Author
Time

Shouldn’t be a problem, but I would advice setting the smoothing parameter to 0.1 or 0.2, and number of color spaces to 20-50.

Author
Time

Williarob said:

Maaga said:

Is there any link to the 1.3 windows 10 installer? I was able to use the 1.2 windows installer on my windows 7 PC but the program isn’t showing up after a fresh install on my windows 10 PC.

https://mega.nz/#!K9ZwFIgR!I5BnMQ_zvhj9SDpgRzr4Y9JYc1QM6nBME7GVk5ntjkc

This appears to be v1.2; is v1.3 still floating about somewhere?

Most likely clad in black from head to foot, without a single speck of colour about me anywhere #NoneMoreGoth

Author
Time

Williarob said:

I have compiled a 64-bit version for OSX. I tested it on my Macbook pro (still running OSX High Sierra) and on a virtual machine (still running on OSX Sierra), and it worked on both but I can’t tell you for sure that it will run on Catalina, so give it a go:

Web installer (32 MB): https://mega.nz/#!D9JUzCRC!0B482Vg6yIC9eZXKAsOMdLnLvFItG5bv5JKJ0BJraYI

Full installer (879 MB): https://mega.nz/#!D1YUnATI!g21ed17ldNaXQ0ZZN43_j3dEFBxsNeO8foslxuDD98A

Note: either way, you will have to download about 900 MB: the only difference is that the web installer will download the other 800+ MB during install whereas the full installer requires the download up front. When I tested them, the web installer was unable to connect to the matlab URL it needed to in order to download the rest of it, so you might be better off with the bigger download…

It looks like the download links don’t work anymore. Would you mind putting up a new link? Thank you!

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

Ah I see the problem… I was trying the google drive links just above this page. I didn’t bother looking to see that you must have already edited your links.

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

Author
Time

PJ said:

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

BUnwarpJ

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

PJ said:

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

BUnwarpJ

It’s just a jump to the left

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

AntcuFaalb said:

PJ said:

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

BUnwarpJ

It’s just a jump to the left

Oh, oh, nevermind then. Sorry! I should have read the post more closely.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

CatBus said:

AntcuFaalb said:

PJ said:

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

BUnwarpJ

It’s just a jump to the left

You mean just sliding the frame to the left in general?

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

CatBus said:

AntcuFaalb said:

PJ said:

Hey does anyone recommend a painless way of matching the frame size of two different sources? I’m trying to align footage from the 2020 Bluray of ESB to Harmy’s ESB Despecialized and I just can’t get it right.

BUnwarpJ

It’s just a jump to the left

Oh, oh, nevermind then. Sorry! I should have read the post more closely.

Argh. Sometimes I tell jokes only to amuse myself and bystanders get hurt.

“Let’s do the BUnwarpJ again!/It’s just a jump to the left”

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

I still have yet to try this tool. A part of me likes succeeding at manually matching things. (I accomplished a seamless match across two pieces of mismatched footage just earlier today! So satisfying!) But I’m surely wasting time with those cases by not just using this tool.

One day I’ll hit a brick wall or 'll get fed up or something, and will finally…

LightWave = fun times with gfx for me 😃