Sign In

Clone Wars Movie Series - Episodes (Seasons) I to V released... — Page 16

Author
Time

I didn’t think the finished ones were a problem, just the ones he was working on. I’m pretty sure they’re all on MySpleen.

Author
Time

EddieDean said:

I’m about to have the time and setup to start pursuing a PC-based hobby, and I had thought about getting into fanediting, having been a big consumer for a decade or so.

YES. DO IT EDDIE.

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

So that’s probably the end of these movies I think. My current plan is to take time away from editing and then focus on the live action TV shows… The Mandalorian should be great source material for a few movies.

Sorry that you’ve lost a lot of work, but on the bright side, it may be a sign to try something different! I’m sure there are others would love to take on completing the Clone Wars tv-to-movie series.

And I totally agree about the live-action shows. Not only the Mandalorian, but we’re also getting the Cassian show and possibly an Obi-Wan series that would all be cool tv-to-movie projects. I could see someone doing this for the Cassian Andor series especially, and possibly using extra scenes from the show to reframe Rogue One as the last film in the series, with more focus being put on Cassian himself (possibly by replacing the Jyn prologue with something else). A lot creative potential for these new series for sure!

Author
Time

If those shows are short, I’d like to see them turned into movies with the “A Star Wars Story” subtitle.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

I didn’t think the finished ones were a problem, just the ones he was working on. I’m pretty sure they’re all on MySpleen.

I’m really excited to watch the 5 fanedits that Smudger released, but the links on fanedit are all broken. I’m not familiar with MySpleen, and couldn’t find anyway to acess it to search for the links there. Does anyone know any way that i would be able to find it?

Author
Time

Similar to post above, if anyone has any myspleen invites or something so I could access these it would be appreciated!

Author
Time

aplmirage said:

Similar to post above, if anyone has any myspleen invites or something so I could access these it would be appreciated!

Spleen is closed to invites for the near future.

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

So, a bit of a sad update on this project.

My external hard drive recently gave up the ghost and took all my “in progress” projects and completed project files with it. Unfortunately I just don’t have the heart to redo the work I lost, especially as life has got a bit busy recently with a job change, house move and deciding to do a half iron man.

To top it all off Vimeo has just shut down my account because my videos contains copyrighted sources.

So that’s probably the end of these movies I think. My current plan is to take time away from editing and then focus on the live action TV shows… The Mandalorian should be great source material for a few movies.

This is why you always have a backup

Can we all get along yet?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

smudger9 said:

So, a bit of a sad update on this project.

My external hard drive recently gave up the ghost and took all my “in progress” projects and completed project files with it. Unfortunately I just don’t have the heart to redo the work I lost, especially as life has got a bit busy recently with a job change, house move and deciding to do a half iron man.

That truly is a shame…

Author
Time

I only have Smudger’s Episode II saved. 😦 I will try to have it archived.

Author
Time

I have all of them in M4V and MOV 1080p’s if anyone wants to host.

Author
Time

The file size of the entire set is kinda big, but if anyone wants to send say 2 blank 25 gig blurays and a SASE to me I would be happy to oblige, let’s keep this alive so hopefully, it can move forward in some way.

BTW anyone have the disc covers by any chance at all?
And does anyone know where the story continues in the series after these so I can adjust my Clone Wars Discs and pull the others off the shelf that are covered in 1-5 of these? Been awhile.

Author
Time

Anyone have links to these? I’ve been looking for something like this for some time now. I can’t find them anywhere, and can’t seem to find any way to gain access to “MySpleen”

Author
Time

Very cool! That is definitely the best version so far.

If you want to turn Rey’s dream into a nightmare then just add the TLJ scene where Luke throws the lightsaber. 😉

(The Force Awakens) Heirs of the Force | A Star Wars Legends Re-edit

(The Last Jedi) Fate of the Jedi | A Star Wars Legends Re-edit

(The Rise of Skywalker) Legacy of the Force | A Star Wars Legends Re-edit

(The Bad Batch) Cinematic Version | A More Mature Edit

(The Mandalorian+Boba) The Way of Mandalore | A Compilation Edit

Author
Time

Acbagel said:

Very cool! That is definitely the best version so far.

If you want to turn Rey’s dream into a nightmare then just add the TLJ scene where Luke throws the lightsaber. 😉

Wrong thread.

My preferred Skywalker Saga experience:
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Nigleet said:

Anyone have links to these? I’ve been looking for something like this for some time now. I can’t find them anywhere, and can’t seem to find any way to gain access to “MySpleen”

I have his Episode V (Return of Maul) in 720p.

Author
Time

So I’m late to the party, but how can I watch films 1-5?

Author
Time

PedgeJameson said:

The file size of the entire set is kinda big, but if anyone wants to send say 2 blank 25 gig blurays and a SASE to me I would be happy to oblige, let’s keep this alive so hopefully, it can move forward in some way.

BTW anyone have the disc covers by any chance at all?
And does anyone know where the story continues in the series after these so I can adjust my Clone Wars Discs and pull the others off the shelf that are covered in 1-5 of these? Been awhile.

I sent you a PM. I am would love for the opportunity. Contact me when you can. Thanks!

Author
Time

I just discovered these fanedits, and I just read Smudger’s post about his failed hard drive too. 😦 Maybe we could set up a donation page to get his drive repaired by DriveSavers in California. Those guys are miracle workers and can recover just about anything. (They’ve recovered data from drives found in ships sunken at the bottom of the sea, and drives that were burned in fires. They can do anything, it’s crazy). Smudger, if you send it in and get a free quote from them, let us know what it costs. I think there’s a lot of us on here who would be willing to pitch in!

Author
Time

I’d love a link to the movies as well if possible.

Author
Time

Me too ! Can I have the link ? Thank you !!!

Author
Time

I am also hoping to watch these edits. If anybody has the link for the 1080p versions then please share. Thank you.

Author
Time

Hi Everyone

I am currently toiling with the idea of picking up where Smudger left off.
I’ve previously done a movie edit of Rebels (which I definetly plan to do more of…eventually) so I understand and am experienced with the difficulty that comes with weaving together loosely linked episodes.
But before I make any promises, I wanted to ask all of you what story arcs you all think are essential to the clone wars. So that I can start planning what will and won’t be included.
Basically, I want this movie series to provide a streamlined watching experience replacing the need to watch the clone wars episode to episode.