It didn’t take long for the edit to the Greedo shootout to become known. And it wasn’t long before it was discovered that a scene in the desert with C-3PO had been changed again. But what other changes might there be that aren’t so immediately noticeable. Well, I found another. In TESB, when Luke is getting ready to leave Dagobah and Ben appears, in the two long shots of him standing near the trees, the new version has been edited. Previously Ben was bright and glowing down to his feet. Now he is bright and glowing down to his legs which then darken toward his feet. I couldn’t see that the other shots were changed, but those two most definitely were from the 2011 Bluray (which seems unchanged from the GOUT).
What other changes lie hidden in these new transfers? What can we uncover?
A New Hope
- New sky over C-3PO in the desert
- New Sky over Stormtroopers in the desert (1997 SE added scene) including a cloud
- Fixed ghost Luke at Lars homestead
- Added some missing shadows to the added rock in front of R2
- Fixed the fade in to Jabba (previously some of the 1997 version could still be seen).
- Luke’s lightsaber on the falcon has been redone and the glow is a consistent color and covers the whole frame
- Ben and Vader’s lightsabers have been redone and one shot of Ben’s saber where the core was missed was fixed.
- A Y-wing added in 2011 is missing
The Empire Strikes Back
- The Hoth shield generator explosion was changed
- Faded bottom of Ben into background in long shots when Luke is leaving Dagobah
Return of the Jedi
none at this time