Sign In

Celebration 2017 Speculation — Page 2

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

lovelikewinter said:

I’m guessing the announcement of the Han Solo movie title and a Last Jedi teaser. Maybe Lucas will make a surprise appearance- in that case no OOT announcement.

Given the slightly scorched earth between Disney and George lately, a Dave Prowse appearance is more likely. 😉

Didn’t Prowse announce a year or two ago on his Facebook he was retiring from public appearances??

Author
Time

crissrudd4554 said:

SilverWook said:

lovelikewinter said:

I’m guessing the announcement of the Han Solo movie title and a Last Jedi teaser. Maybe Lucas will make a surprise appearance- in that case no OOT announcement.

Given the slightly scorched earth between Disney and George lately, a Dave Prowse appearance is more likely. 😉

Didn’t Prowse announce a year or two ago on his Facebook he was retiring from public appearances??

Don’t know about that, but he’s been “banned” from Celebration for quite some time. This would have been a good time to bury the hatchet and welcome him back.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Don’t know about that, but he’s been “banned” from Celebration for quite some time. This would have been a good time to bury the hatchet and welcome him back.

The news was on another SW site that his health is not good and he will not be making public appearances again.

Author
Time

Very sad news.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Alderaan said:

SilverWook said:

Don’t know about that, but he’s been “banned” from Celebration for quite some time. This would have been a good time to bury the hatchet and welcome him back.

The news was on another SW site that his health is not good and he will not be making public appearances again.

Sad. It would’ve been nice to see him at one final event after all this time, especially for the 40th anniversary.

Author
Time

I don’t know if this han been discussed already, but I thought this was interesting. A host of the Star Wars Show, Anthony Carboni, said this on the latest episode:
"Any real juicy Star Wars related news for the next few weeks is probably being saved for the event itself, gigantic wink."
This leads me to believe that he might know what the “juicy news” is. If Lucasfilm/Disney are making a big suprise announcement about the theatrical trilogy, I doubt this guy would already know about it. Or maybe he does somehow, I don’t know. I’m just reading into things too much.
Also this:
!

Author
Time

They have to at least address the issue by the time the convention is over, right?

Did it come up at all during last year’s convention in London?

Not getting my hopes up regardless of how many “gigantic winks” they throw our way ahead of time.

Author
Time

If they don’t have any plans to do it, why would they bring it up?

Author
Time

I guess they wouldn’t bring it up unless asked.

Didn’t someone ask Kennedy about it at one of the post-2012 Celebrations?

Author
Time

Fang Zei said:

They have to at least address the issue by the time the convention is over, right?

No, they do not.

Did it come up at all during last year’s convention in London?

IIRC, yes, and it was met with noncommittal claptrap.

Not getting my hopes up regardless of how many “gigantic winks” they throw our way ahead of time.

You mean, you’re not excited about Pudme’s NEW HAT???

Author
Time

It’s the 40th Anniversary of the original movie and yet we still can’t watch it in an official release approaching modern quality.

The longer they wait, the more clear it will become that they are throwing away money. Harmy’s version gets more and more downloads with each passing day.

This last part is more trivial, but Rian Johnson did slam the SE on his twitter back when the blu-ray was first released.

Even GL showing up wouldn’t kill any remaining possibility of an OOT announcement for me. We already know there’s been a 4k master of the OT-SE for almost three years now. It’s not like the OOT would be in superior quality to that. Most of all, it’s not GL’s money being spent anymore. That’s the entire reason we got the GOUT in the first place instead of something better. He has no reason to care anymore.

Author
Time

Imagine they have a special surprise announcement on the last day…

…the lights go out and George appears, with the original SW movie poster projected behind him, “4K Legacy Edition” emblazoned below it.

“I’d like to apologise to every Star Wars fan” he says. “I made a mistake” he admits. “I now realise how special my original films are and here at last they are going to be released in all their unfettered glory.”

Then Jar Jar jumps out from nowhere giving us all the finger shouting “suckers!”

Oh George you could become a legend by doing one simple thing - we all want to love you again.

Author
Time

Fang Zei said:

It’s the 40th Anniversary of the original movie and yet we still can’t watch it in an official release approaching modern quality.

The longer they wait, the more clear it will become that they are throwing away money. Harmy’s version gets more and more downloads with each passing day.

This last part is more trivial, but Rian Johnson did slam the SE on his twitter back when the blu-ray was first released.

Even GL showing up wouldn’t kill any remaining possibility of an OOT announcement for me. We already know there’s been a 4k master of the OT-SE for almost three years now. It’s not like the OOT would be in superior quality to that. Most of all, it’s not GL’s money being spent anymore. That’s the entire reason we got the GOUT in the first place instead of something better. He has no reason to care anymore.

Both Manos and Turkish Star Wars have restorations before The Star Wars Trilogy. This is so sad.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

They restored Turkish Star Wars!?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

They restored Turkish Star Wars!?

They found a print of it and it’s on its way to be restored to my knowledge.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

LexX said:

SilverWook said:

They restored Turkish Star Wars!?

They found a print of it and it’s on its way to be restored to my knowledge.

How are they going to release that film? It’s full of copyright infringement

Author
Time

lovelikewinter said:

I’m guessing the announcement of the Han Solo movie title and a Last Jedi teaser.

I’m sure it won’t be a TLJ trailer, because that has its own panel the next day, and also none of the new actors or directors associated with the ST are on the panel. Likewise, no one with anything to do with the Han Solo film is listed for the 40th anniversary panel, and them showing up seems like a pretty random surprise. My money is still on big shiny box set of a new SE transfer that includes the theatrical cuts as “bonus content”, just like the GOUT but hopefully not terrible.

Author
Time

Dave is on the panel. I could see them announcing the new show he’s been working on.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

Tobar said:

Dave is on the panel. I could see them announcing the new show he’s been working on.

I probably heard about this at some point and simply forgot, but what new show are you referring to?

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Lord Haseo said:

No CGI though…please.

You think there’s a chance for a traditionally animated SW show in this day and age?

Nah, the best we can realistically hope for is for better CGI and animation. It’s going to conflict with the darker tone of this series but I doubt that matters to Disney as we’re already used to the style.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” or something like that