Over the years many scenes have been cut from CKY videos due to copyrights and public out cry.
We need them back. Wiki lists the following cut son that page:
- The original VHS release is relatively rare and has an extra scene not included with the DVD release of the film. The scene features Brandon Dicamillo running around a Christmas parade as Santa Claus because the real Santa was late. No one at the parade except for Bam and his crew knew that Brandon had nothing to do with the parade.
- On the trip to Iceland, the crew heckled Björk outside her house, and used her music in a previous scene. Like its sequel, CKY2K was discontinued due (in part) to copyright issues. The first major issue was from Björk.
- The DVD release featured "One Last Time" by HIM, and featured additional footage. One such scene featured a minor exposing himself (he had begged to be in the video, and said he'd do anything) in public. This, more than the copyright infringements (of which there were many), led to the discontinuation of the DVD.
- CKY3 the first of the videos to be taken off the market due to copyright restrictions. Some of the musicians (or their legal representation) were unhappy with Margera using their music without their permission.
- CKY4 is the only CKY video to be censored, and one of the few DVDs to have been censored three times.
- A DVD "Easter Egg" (bonus material in a random menu), showed Bam and his then-girlfriend mid-coitus with altered color mixes to avoid nudity. This wasn't the first time CKY videos have attracted trouble due of this sort, but it had never been cut until mid-2003.
- In 2002, Brandon DiCamillo and CKY drummer Jess Margera wrote a freestyle rap about Masters Of The Universe characters Skeletor and Beast Man engaging in extreme homosexual behavior, called Skeletor vs Beastman. Mattel, owners of the Masters Of The Universe franchise, heard about this, and were not pleased. Margera was sent a cease-and-desist order
- At the end of the "lil key key" skit performed by Chris Raab, there was a "Secret Easter Egg" also got cut in 2003 due to unknown circumstances.
Yep most of this stuff probably deserves to be cut and most of you will think its just stupid. But I feel this stuff needs to be found and saved.
I intend on searching ebay etc for older versions of the DVDs and VHS to start things off.
Fighting the frizzies, at 11.