Sign In

Boba Fett in Star Wars TV Series?

Author
Time
As reported by ComingSoon.Net:

Quote


USA Today got a hint from George Lucas at his AFI lifetime achievement award gala about the new live-action "Star Wars" TV series. The series is expected to take place sometime between "Episode III" and "Episode IV".

Ford was approached by Daniel Logan, 18, who played young Boba Fett
in Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Lucas said Logan's character may
be included in his live-action Star Wars TV series, which is in the
works.

IESB.net also chatted with Lucas who said they are getting ready to go on the 3D half-hour version of the Clone Wars animated series is. "The live action will be, you know, a year or two later," he added.

Asked if we're going to see some back stories, like Knights of the Old Republic, in the series, Lucas said, "there is a possibility of that, but not in this series. You know, there's a possibility of more series if these work."[/a]
Author
Time
It'll be cool to see Boba Fett if he's in his armor, but they'll give him the lame Jango voice instead of the original which will suck.

I'm looking forward to the Clone Wars cartoon.

They need to make a TV series (animated or live action) that is about Dash Rendar and Kyle Katarn...
Author
Time
I'd be all for a Dash Rendar film or television show, as long as it was Shadows of the Empire. Having the OT characters CGI interact with him at a minimal rate would be excellent. Furthering the stories of IG88, Bossk and the like would be wonderful. I'm not big on the EU or characters in the Star Wars games, but I completely enjoyed SOTE.

If there is a Boba Fett television show, there must be atleast one episode in which Vader is on hand and Boba Fett disinegrates someone. Thus the importance Vader puts on this later.

The thing that worries me about a television show is that it took them almost a year in post-production for the effects of the films. If the show is lacking in the least when it comes to SFX, the fans won't watch.
The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time
If Daniel Logan's been approached to star, then I don't like the chances of him not wearing a helmet.
Author
Time
I personnally hope any and all shows never get made. I would rather it just be the films and that's it.

TV shows will turn SW into Star Trek and it will wear on everyone to the point where it will disappear altogether and be just a shadow of the greatness that SW once was.....
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Cable-X1
I personnally hope any and all shows never get made. I would rather it just be the films and that's it.

TV shows will turn SW into Star Trek and it will wear on everyone to the point where it will disappear altogether and be just a shadow of the greatness that SW once was.....


You can't really say that without seeing any of the finished product. Lucas intends for the show to be filmed like a movie, then broken up into little 1 hour segments. From that standpoint, I think it will be fine.
The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Hardcore Legend
Quote

Originally posted by: Cable-X1
I personnally hope any and all shows never get made. I would rather it just be the films and that's it.

TV shows will turn SW into Star Trek and it will wear on everyone to the point where it will disappear altogether and be just a shadow of the greatness that SW once was.....


You can't really say that without seeing any of the finished product. Lucas intends for the show to be filmed like a movie, then broken up into little 1 hour segments. From that standpoint, I think it will be fine.



Funny....he made 3 two hours movies that sucked ass, so what makes you think this will work out? It will just be a longer ass suck session we will sit through...

Don't get me wrong.....I will watch the show. Star Wars is in my blood and although I want to walk away from it after the PT, I find it hard as hell to, but I really want it all to just end and have Star Wars fade into memory. No books, shows, comics....nothing. Maybe...just maybe games. Those would be good.

But I have my doubts that this show will be any good unless LucASS has someone else write it. If he writes it, forget it. It will suck. He's at his best when he's not writing or directing, but giving a general direction and refining an idea.
Author
Time
As Cable said LucASS will probably make this show awful and it will be.. I'm pretty sure there won't be anything good about it. Oh..well i just hope LucASS will put fan ideas that we want in the show.
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
Quote

Originally posted by: Jedikev
As Cable said LucASS will probably make this show awful and it will be.. I'm pretty sure there won't be anything good about it. Oh..well i just hope LucASS will put fan ideas that we want in the show.


Doubtful.....the man seems to dislike us fans. Beats me as to why.....HE'S the one who screwed with his own films and caused us outrage.

When you think about it, all the fan deluges of hate and criticism that LucASS gets are his own doing.....

Author
Time
Revenge of the Sith was NOT a bad movie, it was a very good movie. When dealing with more serious characters, Lucas shines. When dealing with childish characters, he struggles. I think a story about Boba Fett won't have anything to do with childish characters.
The Jedi are all but extinct.......