Sign In

Blu-Ray and other HD box size STAR WARS covers — Page 51

Author
Time

michaeldc said:

Hi all, while waiting impatiently for the blu-ray of Harmys most excellent DE, I got to work on some box artwork for the discs. I like the ones I’ve seen so far but I fancied giving it a go using the classic theatrical posters and I tried to keep it minimal (saving audio/despec/video information for an inlay) - I don’t know if anyone on here would like them but thought I would upload them in case.

I purposely left off most mentions of despecialized as to me these are the definitive editions of the movies in HD, nothing else comes close so this, for me, is just Star Wars, and nothing more. Does that make sense?

<span>https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzccty3u02e624j/SW-MC-BDArt.zip</span>

<span>That’s the link to full res versions I made. Enjoy!</span>

Wow! I Love these! The link wouldn’t take me to them though… would it be possible to redo the link or maybe dm them to me?

Author
Time

Wow! I Love these! The link wouldn’t take me to them though… would it be possible to redo the link or maybe dm them to me?

Me too, please!

Author
Time

thomwillecke said:

I was sold on the set of covers created by ChainsawAsh, and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! Thank you so much!


Is there a link to those original trilogy covers, or do I need to pm ChainsawAsh?

Author
Time

ixela said:
Is there a link to those original trilogy covers, or do I need to pm ChainsawAsh?

Here are his links from previous posts, but it’s probably worth PMing him also:

ChainsawAsh said:
So here they are - I may have to edit this later because I’m just uploading the full-size versions to imgur and they might clutter things up (and imgur might fuck with some resizing, I dunno), and I’ve gotta get off to work right now. In case that happens, here’s album links:

“Theatrical logo” spines
“Saga logo” spines

ChainsawAsh said:
Oh, and by request I’ve made an alternate set for ANH where the front/back art is swapped. All three alternate versions can be found here.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

Thanks! That’s great to see people like them.

And, as promised (but much delayed), here’s the “saga spine” version of Solo:

I’m going to have to revisit the Solo cover some day. Thandie Newton being so visible on the spine of the “saga” version is…weird.

Hi, new here but had to ask. Whats the protocol for printing these (original trilogy) to the appropriate size?

Thanks!

Author
Time

ixela said:

thomwillecke said:

I was sold on the set of covers created by ChainsawAsh, and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! Thank you so much!


Is there a link to those original trilogy covers, or do I need to pm ChainsawAsh?

any tips/parameters for printing these?

Author
Time

Just make sure your printer isn’t scaling anything, use borderless printing if using letter size paper, and if you can’t do that, use legal size paper instead. Use the highest print quality you can. You can use photo paper if you want, but I usually don’t.

Author
Time

ixela said:

thomwillecke said:

I was sold on the set of covers created by ChainsawAsh, and I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! Thank you so much!


Is there a link to those original trilogy covers, or do I need to pm ChainsawAsh?

Those are awesome, thank you for sharing the photos! Where can you get the 2D Clone Wars Covers??
Thank you!

Author
Time

thomwillecke said:

ixela said:
Is there a link to those original trilogy covers, or do I need to pm ChainsawAsh?

Here are his links from previous posts, but it’s probably worth PMing him also:

ChainsawAsh said:
So here they are - I may have to edit this later because I’m just uploading the full-size versions to imgur and they might clutter things up (and imgur might fuck with some resizing, I dunno), and I’ve gotta get off to work right now. In case that happens, here’s album links:

“Theatrical logo” spines
“Saga logo” spines

ChainsawAsh said:
Oh, and by request I’ve made an alternate set for ANH where the front/back art is swapped. All three alternate versions can be found here.

Thanks man, appreciated!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CourtlyHades296 said:

Are there any UK 1994 VHS cover sets here?

Probably so, mate 😉

There are definitely some 1994 UK VHS covers in FrankT’s superb thread - full of his quality work for many differing sets - that can be found here:-

Frank’s Star Wars DVD/BD Covers

 

There may also be more 1994 UK VHS based covers linked to in the An Index & Help Thread for Case Covers, Disc Labels, and Fan Art… too.
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I am a leaf on the wind…
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

FrankT said:

The next DeEd/ReEd double play is done! Although I’m not sure yet if it’s going to be of any use.

Hi Frank is there any chance you still have this Empire dual cover somewhere as I would really like a copy of it please

Author
Time

Has anyone made or would be willing to make 4K covers possibly ones that match the uk 4k spines for jedi and skywalker?

I’d be willing to pay

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Any advice for someone without a printer in terms of finding a place that would print a cover for a reasonable fee?

Author
Time

OT4Me said:

Any advice for someone without a printer in terms of finding a place that would print a cover for a reasonable fee?

Most print shops can do it for you, expect about $2-$5 a sleeve. Request matte presentation paper not photopaper. To be honest you’d be better off buying a printer and some Epson or HP Matte Presentation paper for about $120. A few trial and errors and you’ll be a print master.

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time

I’ll be buying a Blu-ray burner soon so I decided to make some custom covers for the DeSpecialized editions. They’re all based off the CBS Fox releases (might be from the Trilogy set? IDK, let me know!) which are the original VHS tapes I watched the trilogy on growing up. Everything on the back is made from scratch utilizing the original publicity photos and poster art used for the VHS sleeve designs (with the exception of ESB which has an orange coloration on the poster not found on my VHS copy and ROTJ whose back cover background is a slight remodel as the original publicity photo for the throne room scene is virtually nonexistent online from what I could find).



Sorry for the smaller size and watermark. Don’t know how to fix the former and I don’t have a license key for the latter.

This is my first real attempt at making covers. I hope they turned out semi decent!

Up the irons!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Slimer Joel said:

I’ll be buying a Blu-ray burner soon so I decided to make some custom covers for the DeSpecialized editions. They’re all based off the CBS Fox releases (might be from the Trilogy set? IDK, let me know!) which are the original VHS tapes I watched the trilogy on growing up. Everything on the back is made from scratch utilizing the original publicity photos and poster art used for the VHS sleeve designs (with the exception of ESB which has an orange coloration on the poster not found on my VHS copy and ROTJ whose back cover background is a slight remodel as the original publicity photo for the throne room scene is virtually nonexistent online from what I could find).



Sorry for the smaller size and watermark. Don’t know how to fix the former and I don’t have a license key for the latter.

This is my first real attempt at making covers. I hope they turned out semi decent!

These are awesome, great job. They are from the 1990 trilogy boxet I’m pretty sure.

Author
Time

Does anyone have or know another source of the inside gatefold images from the 1995 Faces laserdiscs? I’d like to use them as inside covers for a project. The Star Wars image in particular I have not seen elsewhere. I know the original promotional still, but not this colorized treatment of it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

thomwillecke said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Still gotta make a cover for Solo, too…

Have you gotten around yet to tackling a Solo cover to match your series? Great work, btw!

The answer is now yes! … or it was a while back and I forgot to upload it. I also apparently forgot to render out a “Saga Spine” version, which will have to wait, but in the meantime, here’s the “theatrical spine” version:

I absolutely love all your cover art. One of the best creators on here. I was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask about getting this Solo cover with the title as The Coaxium Heist. Digimods is my go to fan edit for that film and I also really hate the title “Solo”. Obviously using the logo digimod used for his fanedit.

Author
Time

Does anyone have the files for samlowry’s covers? I got in touch with him at the weekend but he no longer has them himself. Can anyone help me out? Really love the covers he did and I’m currently burning my own set of despecialized.

Thanks to ALL members of the forum whose tireless preservation efforts have allowed me to watch the original films as I remember them.
You all rule.

Author
Time

hi there.

wich are the right covers for the njvc trilogy. the trilogy on the 2disc set.

i hope someone can help me out

Author
Time
 (Edited)

jidaigekijunkie said:

Does anyone have the files for samlowry’s covers? I got in touch with him at the weekend but he no longer has them himself. Can anyone help me out? Really love the covers he did and I’m currently burning my own set of despecialized.

IIRC samlowry first posted his covers here on Pge 23 of this thread… it may be worth following the conversations to see which members asked for those covers and then PM them to see if they still a copy?

Good luck with it mate.
 

phildoom said:

hi there.

wich are the right covers for the njvc trilogy. the trilogy on the 2disc set.

i hope someone can help me out

The main Star Wars Despecialized Editions - Custom Bluray Set (Released) thread itself likely has some covers mate.

Rikter also has some covers for the njvc set on the 1st page of this section of the forum. Rik is also kind of a ‘cover guru’ on here - and is one of the most kind, generous and helpful people around - so it may be worth asking him if he knows of any too.

There should also be some mention of njvc covers in the An Index & Help Thread for Case Covers, Disc Labels, and Fan Art… thread. Some of the regular Harmy Depsecialized covers may also be an option too?
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I am a leaf on the wind…
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

Cheers ooJason for the advice. I’ve shot off a few DMs so hopefully someone will have them.

Thanks to ALL members of the forum whose tireless preservation efforts have allowed me to watch the original films as I remember them.
You all rule.