(artwork not final)
This is not a collection of previous bootlegs, this is a new collection.
The Blade Runner soundtrack has a history as long and complicated as the film's own. Both have faced legal and distribution issues. Both have had troubled releases and multiple incarnations. Both have die-hard fans that have waited over the years (patiently, or not so patiently) for more, never released material.
With the film, after 25 years, fan desires have been fulfilled beyond expectation. Ridley Scott has tinkered one last time with the material, releasing a "final cut" of the film. along with all previous versions, a new highly detailed 3 hour documentary featuring all the cast and crew (including Harrison Ford, a first since he never talks about the film), other docs and tidbits as well as never before seen and newly discovered deleted scenes. Indeed hell has appeared to have frozen over with Blade Runner fans receiving all they could have hoped for, the book on Blade Runner the film would appear to be closed.
But a release of a definitive and comprehensive collection is where the film and the soundtrack differ.
SOURCES: Official, and unofficial (bootlegs and such), as well as some sources of my own.
WHAT IT HAS: The most complete collection of tracks related to Blade Runner ever offered. Completely restored, reproduced, rearranged, edited, remixed, and reengineered for the best possible listening experience.
WHAT IT DOESN'T HAVE: Music with dialog and sound effects from the film. You won't hear spinners flying by (not that I don't love them).
TYPE OF RELEASE: MP3 with the first preview (beta release). Eventually Lossless.
WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED: Early in the 21st Century. Otherwise, it's done when it's done.
This project has earned the name "Blade Runner: The Complete Collection". The goal is to release the most complete collection of the music as is possible, no more, no less. Note: Should any new material surface after this project's release, it will be updated and re-released.
The music of Blade Runner does not belong to a "Blade Runner music group" , or groups, or Vagnelis group, or groups, or anyone that considers themselves an elite fan. This music belongs to ALL Blade Runner and Vangelis fans. For ALL fans to enjoy, reflect on, and even perhaps be inspired by. This music does not belong to the smoky back rooms of over-priced rip-off bootlegs, or even to elite and exclusive chat rooms, music groups, and fan clubs. Or myself.
In the end, this is the music of Vangelis. It is only my wish to present his music as best as I possibly can, my sole intention to preserve and amplify that which he has created.
I do so with great love and respect for the composer and his work.
Disc 1: Tyrell Corporation (Soundtrack Part 1) [COMPLETED]
1. Ladd Company Fanfare 0:27
2. 2019 [Main Titles] 6:13
3. Dr. Tyrell's Owl 3:51
4. Longing (Leon's Room) 4:19
5. Eye World 4:47
6. Pompeii 76 A.D [from Harps of the Ancient Temples] (Gail Laughton) 2:13
7. Memories of Green 5:48
8. Unicorn 3:58
9. Empty Streets 6:17
10. Tales Of The Future (voice by Demis Roussos) 6:32
11. Taffy's 2:29
12. Qu'ran 3:48
Disc 2: Bradbury Apartments (Soundtrack Part 2)
1. Blade Runner Blues 10:17 [COMPLETED]
2. One More Kiss, Dear 3:59 [COMPLETED]
3. Blade Runner Love Theme 5:01 [COMPLETED]
4. Nice Toys 3:43 [COMPLETED]
5. The Prodigal Son 4:36 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
6. Mechanical Dolls 3:20 [COMPLETED]
7. Dangerous Days 11:55 [COMPLETED]
8. Tears In Rain 2:57 [COMPLETED]
9. Unveiled Twinkling Space 2:58 [COMPLETED]
10. Blade Runner [End Titles] 4:53 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
Disc 3: Animoid Row (Outtakes, Alternatives, & Inspirations)
1. Tyrell Corporation (Main Titles Alternative) 3:46 [COMPLETED]
2. Voight Kampff 1:51 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
3. Blush Response (instrumental) 5:34 [COMPLETED]
4. Wait For Me (instrumental) 5:28 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
5. Rachel's Song 4:53 [COMPLETED]
6. Animoid Row 1:18 [COMPLETED]
7. If I Didn't Care - The Ink Spots (Jack Lawrence) 3:19 [COMPLETED]
8. Blade Runner Love Theme (alternative) 1:12 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
9. The Business 4:26 [COMPLETED]
10. Desolation Path 6:41 [COMPLETED]
11. Off World Blimp - Traditional Japanese Music (Ensemble Nipponia) 2:51 [COMPLETED]
12. One Alone 2:23 [COMPLETED]
13. Damask Rose 2:26 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
14. Blade Runner [End Titles] (Extended) 7:24 [WORK IN PROGRESS]
Disc 4: Eye World
[WORK IN PROGRESS]
Tracklist will change until complete.
This collection should only be owned by people that own the official Blade Runner Soundtrack. Vangelis has a lot great work and you should get as much of it as you can. This collection is for research purposes only and is NOT FOR SALE.
Blade Runner: The Complete Collection