Sign In

Blade Runner: The Complete Music Collection (* unfinished project *) — Page 15

Author
Time

You can download the 2019 edition from either of the two forums mentioned in my last post.

Author
Time

Spiderwalk said:

You can download the 2019 edition from either of the two forums mentioned in my last post.

OK I got the 2019 from FFshrine but title 17 is corrupt, is there a non corrupt version anywhere?

Author
Time

dark_jedi said:

Spiderwalk said:

You can download the 2019 edition from either of the two forums mentioned in my last post.

OK I got the 2019 from FFshrine but title 17 is corrupt, is there a non corrupt version anywhere?

Hi Dark_Jedi and everyone that can't be bothered to scroll back 1 page to see the links to Blade Runner Soundtracks Group. Here it is again.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bladerunner_soundtrack

The so-called "2019" version is in flac and many other LOSSLESS BR soundtrack editions are also available. As well as regular mp3 uploads of interest.

If you are a real fan of the music, that's where to be. FF Shrine only has mp3s which are useless to any serious collector.

And this site... well. No freedom of expression. Only sycophants allowed to comment. As well as never delivering the goods - of course.

Jump on this link before it, too, vanishes.

All my love,

Zhora :-)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well I just downloaded 2019 twice and both times title 17 The Duel is corrupt.

Thanks Zhora for that link, I signed up a yahoo account and I think I have to wait for a mod to let me in?

Author
Time

Zhora said:

dark_jedi said:

Spiderwalk said:

You can download the 2019 edition from either of the two forums mentioned in my last post.

OK I got the 2019 from FFshrine but title 17 is corrupt, is there a non corrupt version anywhere?

Hi Dark_Jedi and everyone that can't be bothered to scroll back 1 page to see the links to Blade Runner Soundtracks Group. Here it is again.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bladerunner_soundtrack

The so-called "2019" version is in flac and many other LOSSLESS BR soundtrack editions are also available. As well as regular mp3 uploads of interest.

If you are a real fan of the music, that's where to be. FF Shrine only has mp3s which are useless to any serious collector.

And this site... well. No freedom of expression. Only sycophants allowed to comment. As well as never delivering the goods - of course.

Jump on this link before it, too, vanishes.

All my love,

Zhora :-)

I signed up and got approval to the group, but now I am having a hard time navigating that place, I can't find any FLAC versions, I would love to get 2019 and ESPER retirement edition, can you give me some tips on how to find things in the group? PM me if you want. I will keep trying in the meantime.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

hi guys.

 

Sorry for the long delay but things have been a bit crazy at my end. I have been dealing with a variety of issues that are mostly personal in nature. All that aside the project continues, although as we speak I am in the process of replacing a motherboard, ram, a processor, and main hard drive. This has merely caused a delay, not a setback. I will have more to say later today but I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am still alive, and so is this project.

 

Before I go I wanted to quickly touch on another note. I have just caught up on all the posts I have missed (both on this board and private). I am glad to have the continued support from all of you that I have received and I PROMISE that your support will be rewarded. As far as other projects go however I want to state what I have said before. I support all Blade Runner related fan projects, fan edits, etc. That being said this thread in particular is for this project, just as all the other thread here are about those projects. Let me be clear, I have no problem with fellow fans trading and informing others about all the wonderful sources out there, and there are many. I do ask however that you restrict within reason conversation on this thread to this project. All other topics about other similar but separate projects should be moved privately, or, for example, to the Yahoo Blade Runner group which is as stated by myself and others is a hub for a lot of these kind of projects recently mentioned.

  

Thank you again for your continued support and I will post again later today.

Blade Runner: The Complete Collection

Author
Time

Hey Focuspuller,

Great hearing from you, and thanks for the update!! Glad the project is still "alive". Will wait for however long it takes.

Thanks

Author
Time

This project wants more life, Father...

Seriously, though, thanks for the update, Focuspuller.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Uh oh...we've lost contact with focuspuller...again  ;)

But I'm glad to hear the project is still alive...

Author
Time

Spiderwalk said:

Anyone wanting to download my mix the links are now up on the final fantasy shrine forum (The Blade Runner Soundtrack Ultimate Thread).

This was not my decision but Kirkenshrir's, he took that choice away from me.

I had been considering the FF forums but ultimately i think i would have posted it on the blade runner soundtracks group forum, because that's where i acquired the 2019 copy.

 

 

 I just downloaded this project and, judging from the first track, it was taken from a PAL source or something because it's sped up. Too bad.

I have no doubt that Focus' version will be the ultimate version.  I await it.

Author
Time

First of all let me say this is the last time i will mention my project now that Focuspuller's back in the game.

If anyone wants to download it in Flac, it's up on the blade runner soundtrack group forum in the files section, with a few tweaks here and there and upgraded artwork.

@digitalfreaknyc, you are completely right about the prologue, it was the cleanest source i had without hiss or distortion.

But it was only a portion of the first track about 2mins out of 130mins total, so you can't write off a project on that basis.

This has been rectified now for the flac version, although the speed up was barely perceptible.

 

 

 

 

 

Author
Time

Spiderwalk said:

First of all let me say this is the last time i will mention my project now that Focuspuller's back in the game.

If anyone wants to download it in Flac, it's up on the blade runner soundtrack group forum in the files section, with a few tweaks here and there and upgraded artwork.

@digitalfreaknyc, you are completely right about the prologue, it was the cleanest source i had without hiss or distortion.

But it was only a portion of the first track about 2mins out of 130mins total, so you can't write off a project on that basis.

This has been rectified now for the flac version, although the speed up was barely perceptible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't question how much of a fan you are, and you have been well indulged in your posts. But to continue as you have is bad form. Please respect this thread and this project.

Blade Runner: The Complete Collection

Author
Time

Quick Update:

 

As things stand Disc 1 is complete (with the exception of a few small tweaks). Disc 2 has been a long effort do to a few problematic tracks. Disc 3 is about 70% done.

 

Among some of bonus content to be include is an excerpt from a 1986 Vangelis concert. The track is a medley of Memories Of Green and The Love Theme. Quality isn't great but I have cleaned it up (tape hiss/pop removal, speed corrected, etc).

Blade Runner: The Complete Collection

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Focuspuller, I'm sorry to say this but... you can't have your cake and eat it too!

 

While you were away from this forum, a discussion started and you can't just expect to show up now and tell everyone to shut up. Of course, the main topic here is YOUR set of BR recordings but we are ALL Blade Runner soundtrack fans and we are ALL looking for THE ultimate soundtrack...

We all understand you have been dealing with personal issues in the meanwhile but you HAVE been away from this forum for a while and life goes on...

What Spiderwalk did was very polite and totally in oder; he said it himself, this is the last time he will talk about it... But I think most of us here still appreciate this final update to close up the discussion in question.

p.s. Thanks to both of you for all the amazing work you've been doing and thanks for the recent updates!

Author
Time

kirkenshrir said:

Focuspuller, I'm sorry to say this but... you can't have your cake and eat it too! While you were away from this forum, a discussion started and you can't just expect to show up now and tell everyone to shut up. Of course, the main topic here is YOUR set of BR recordings but we are ALL Blade Runner soundtrack fans and we are ALL looking for THE ultimate soundtrack... We all understand you have been dealing with personal issues in the meanwhile but you HAVE been away from this forum for a while and life goes on... What Spiderwalk did was very polite and totally in oder; he said it himself, this is the last time he will talk about it... But I think most of us here still appreciate this final update to close up the discussion in question. p.s. Thanks to both of you for all the amazing work you've been doing and thanks for the recent updates!

 

This thread is for this project. There are a million recources and places to discuss other soundtracks, topics, etc. You know what the rules are. Just respect this forum, thread, and project by following them. Thank you.

Blade Runner: The Complete Collection

Author
Time

focuspuller said:

This thread is for this project. There are a million recources and places to discuss other soundtracks, topics, etc. You know what the rules are. Just respect this forum, thread, and project by following them. Thank you.

A plea to all readers: please respect this thread: It is for discussion of the BR soundtrack that focuspuller is compiling. It is not for discussion of your personal lives, eg your family or personal things that are occupying your time. Thank you.

Author
Time

Hey all,

I definitely agree with pavemental. This forum is based on focuspuller's ongoing efforts to achieve THE BEST Blade Runner score. Just go back to page 1 to refresh why we are all here.

Spiderwalk, listened to your recent work. Very nice! But for the respect of focupuller I think we should just limit our discussions to his "piece".

Can't wait to see our responses after focuspuller releases the final!
"Getting closer!!"

Author
Time
 (Edited)

focuspuller said:

Spiderwalk said:

First of all let me say this is the last time i will mention my project now that Focuspuller's back in the game.

If anyone wants to download it in Flac, it's up on the blade runner soundtrack group forum in the files section, with a few tweaks here and there and upgraded artwork.

@digitalfreaknyc, you are completely right about the prologue, it was the cleanest source i had without hiss or distortion.

But it was only a portion of the first track about 2mins out of 130mins total, so you can't write off a project on that basis.

This has been rectified now for the flac version, although the speed up was barely perceptible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't question how much of a fan you are, and you have been well indulged in your posts. But to continue as you have is bad form. Please respect this thread and this project.

 


 

Focuspuller i have total respect for you and your project, but in light of your extended absence i was just offering a little stop gap for people patiently waiting for yor return.

I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from your work, i'm still looking forward to hearing it but it's all smoke with no fire, why don't you just make disc 1 available so we can all hear what you've accomplished.

I know you want to release this project as a set but it might be another 6 months or a year before you finish discs 2 & 3.

Also i know this thread is for your work but it's been pretty much dead for 4 or 5 months and it's a little bit rich for you to say i should be posting elsewhere, when you announce your project on a Star Wars related forum.

I wish you all the best and hope you achieve all you set out to, i won't be posting here anymore but i will stop by once in a while to check on your progress.

 

Author
Time

I agree with pavemantel, and those of us who have been following THIS project with great interest.

 

Spiderwalk, you are full of it. Who made you king turd to decide how long it takes for someone elses project to be completed so you can peddle your own product. This isn't a kareoke room where the microphone gets passed around to whoever wants it. Take your agenda elswhere.

Focuspuller, I don't care if it takes 6 months, or a year, or however long. Take as long as you need to complete your project the right way. We support you.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

All,

If I may, I'm going to stick my neck out a little and try to add a little perspective on things...

I understand Focuspuller's desire to keep this thread on topic and that it be used for the discussion of his project.  He has a right to make this request and those posting can choose to respect that or not.  If they don't, they open themselves up to criticism and shouldn't be surprised by it. 

Having said that...

Let's be honest, at times this thread has been on life support and months have gone by without any activity because there's nothing NEW that's on topic to be discussed and I don't consider posts that essentially say 'still alive' or 'still working on it' to be discussion worthy.

All you need to know about this project is available on the first page because that's basically where it stands.  I'm fully aware that focuspuller's been going through a difficult time and since this is a labor of love on his part, I respect that and I'm perfectly content to occasionally check in to see if there's anything new.

But until samples can be heard or a partial release is made available or an interesting technical account of what was done to achieve certain completed cues is shared, what are we actually discussing?

Fire away...

Author
Time

PrivateFubar, your avatar image really fits what you said.

I've posted on a lot of forums, and the nature of forums is digression and discussion of related topics. Threads typically are closed when there is as much inactivity as this on has had.

I fail to see why this thread is being held to a higher standard than the generally accepted standard of online forums.

If we had something to go on, we might be able to carry on a conversation and stay so narrowly on topic, but at this point it is a matter of posting on closely related material or letting this thread die. I see no issue with continuing conversations that continue to relate to the Blade Runner Soundtrack, even if it isn't focuspuller's.

For instance, I think it would be nice to have a discussion about the various versions and source material for the theatrical main title sequence and how it came about and ended up as it has. I can see that it has two sections to it, the bombastic notes that accompany the blackness and the melodic section that accompanies the city flyover. The second section was reused later in the film as the second spinner liftoff. That section I know of 4 sources for, the movie, the official soundtrack, the OWM bootleg, and the mysterious Outtakes Suite. For the bombastic first section, the only source I know of is the movie itself.

Author
Time

Very interesting thread!  Well, until the last couple of pages, anyway.  ;)

Focuspuller, I too will be popping in from time to time to check the progress on this.  I would be more than happy to officially retire all the bootlegs I have!  I respect the work and the intentions of them, but I haven't encountered a Blade Runner soundtrack yet that is up to par.

All my best to you and your efforts!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

re:

Maybe someone has already done this, but would it be possible to create some form of a list to "weed out" the excess/repeat tracks from each of the CDs?  You have some great stuff here, but I'm sure most of the music is repeated from disc to disc (with a few original pieces here and there)...

 

         

 “You people must realize that the public owns you for life, and when you’re dead, you’ll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners.”

– Homer Simpson

Author
Time

Monroville said:

re:

Maybe someone has already done this, but would it be possible to create some form of a list to "weed out" the excess/repeat tracks from each of the CDs?  You have some great stuff here, but I'm sure most of the music is repeated from disc to disc (with a few original pieces here and there)...

 

Great idea! Although some of the fan-made BR releases are undoubtely very well done, their increasing number may sometimes be a cause of headache to those who (like me) are primarily looking for the unreleased or alternate music that isn't on the official soundtrack albums by Vangelis.

I have been doing such a listing for my own use, and I think you're right, my conclusion is that many releases seem to use the same material again and again.

As far as I could notice, the main sources of original, sound-fx free unreleased material always seem to be the same ones:

- The old 10-track 1982 tape release (which generated the Off-World and Gongo bootlegs)

- The BR Outtakes suite

- The 2019 Edition (although the "new" tracks sound like they have been ripped from the 5.1 audio of the movie, while the others simply come from the above mentioned Outtakes or the official releases)

All the other tracks come from the various releases of the movie on VHS and DVD, plus of course the soundtrack albums - apart from a couple of tracks of unknown origin.

What is sometimes a bit confusing with some private releases is that, sometimes, the music has been wrongly assembled to create artificially extended pieces, then copied from released to release, eventually being almost considered as real and original. One example is the delicate prologue to the Love Theme (or to the alternate Love Theme on the workprint version): Vangelis played two versions of it (or at least, to different mixes of it do exist): one with the Rhodes electric piano, one without. Unfortunately, some private releases have segued the two versions together in order to extend the track, and it now seems like this wrongly assembled version is getting commonly accepted.

This is why I am very interested to hear your finished work, Focuspuller, as I hope all these small things will have been sorted out and fixed.