Since people really liked the YouTube/Vimeo/etc. finds for Original Trilogy making-ofs, documentaries, promos, etc. & General Star Wars Documentaries (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds) threads and have been sharing lots of interesting videos there, I figured it made sense to start a similar thread dedicated to the Prequel Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy, Anthology films, and the various animated & live action TV series, etc.
- When adding a link to a video, please add a title and/or description so that we don’t have to click on it to find out what it is. Any additional info would be appreciated as well, like f.ex. an IMDB page link, article links, or just a simple blurb. You can also add a photo (screenshot, poster, or simply the YouTube thumbnail, etc.).
- Fan-made videos can be posted provided they are of reasonably good quality.
- Shorter featurettes and other BTS material also qualifies for this thread. However, if you wish to post a large collection of shorter featurettes then please share it as a playlist or at least keep the links confined to a single post so as to not clutter up the thread.
- Please don’t post any reviews or blatant opinion-pieces.
- No mockumentaries or parodies please.
- This thread is specifically for post-OT movies and/or series, so please don’t post anything primarily dealing with ANH, ESB or ROTJ even if it also covers elements from the later films or series. Some documentaries do of course cover several eras or aspects of Star Wars, so it’s fine if the OT is mentioned in the video provided the focus is on one or several of post-OT films or series.
An In-Progress Index…
1 • The Beginning: Making Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
2 to 4 • Episode I-III Webisodes & Featurettes (YT Playlists)
5 to 7 • Rogue One Celebration Reel, Creature Featurette & Blu-ray Bonus Clips
8 • Making of Holochess for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
9 to 14 • Star Wars: The Clone Wars Movie & Season 1-5 Webisodes & Featurettes (YT Playlists)
15 to 17 • Star Wars: Rebels - Season 2-4 Featurettes (YT Playlists)
18 • ILM Behind the Magic: The Visual Effects of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
19 • ILM Spotlight Featurettes from Solo: A Star Wars Story
20 • ILM Spotlight Featurettes from The Last Jedi
21 • ILM Spotlight Featurettes from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
22 • ILM: Behind the Magic of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens
23 • The Virtual Production of The Mandalorian, Season One
I figured the appropriate place to start would be at the “beginning” as far as all things beyond the OT is concerned:
The Beginning: Making Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo&list=PLYn2a0e2FVIKni_wHXR5CJYBnnnYH7mIB&index=141&t - from the official Star Wars YouTube channel (1 hour, 6 mins long).
“The Beginning is a documentary on the making of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, originally produced for the film’s DVD release. It covers the entire production of The Phantom Menace, from preproduction to casting to visual effects, editing, and theatrical release.”
^ This is honestly one of the most interesting and in-depth making-ofs I’ve ever seen, and regardless of what you may think of TPM as a movie, I’d still highly recommend watching this documentary.