Last time, I shared with you all my ideas for a Batman & Robin recut.
Today, I’m here to announce…
…that I’ve begun development on a another Batman fan edit.
The Batman film, in question?
I’ve already discussed this through my buds over on the fanedit.org forums, and overall, they seem to appreciate the idea.
Here is my proposed cutslist:
- CG Warner Bros. logo.
- Arkham Asylum new opening.
- Opening titles sequence, matching that of Batman '89 and Returns.
- Wayne Enterprises exterior shot.
- Bruce Wayne meets Edward Nygma.
- Suit-up sequence.
- Alfred’s “Can I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?” and Batman’s “I’ll get drive-thru” replaced with “Do try and bring this one back in one piece, sir” from B&R.
- Two-Face introduction.
- Batman and Chase introduction. Cut Chase’s “hot entrance”.
- Batman’s first fight. Alternate angles and extra dialogue.
- Bank vault escape. Cut the guard’s moaning, including “Hey! That’s my hearing aid!” and “My shoes are melting!”. Added brief alternate angle of Batman aiming his grappling gun.
- Helicopter fight. “This’ll fix him!” replaced with “If the Bat wants to play, we’ll play!”. Reinserted extended fight between Batman and Two-Face.
- Cut Two-Face’s parachute.
- Added flashbacks from B89 to the underwater shot.
- Nygma experiments on Mr. Stickley. His “game show” and surfing gags are cut.
- Bruce watches GNN news report and goes to Wayne Enterprises for the investigation. Gordon’s “Yep, definitely suicide” is cut.
- “Bad Days” by The Flaming Lips is retained.
- Edward plants the second riddle at Wayne Manor. His “Wayne Manor…” and “Hmph!” are cut.
- Bruce arrives at Chase’s study and asks her out to the circus.
- Circus raid plays out mostly the same. Gossip Gerty’s lines are cut.
- Bruce takes Dick in as a ward. Clips from B89 added to the Flashback sequence.
- Batman meets Chase on the rooftop. Chase’s “Last night at the bank I noticed something about Two-Face” is shortened. Batman’s “It’s the car, right? Chicks love the car” is cut.
- Entire car chase between Batman and Two-Face is gone.
- Bruce checks up on Dick at the gym.
- Edward becomes the Riddler. His “Question Mark Man?” is cut.
- Riddler and Two-Face team up.
- Casino heist sequences removed.
- Dick helps Alfred with the washing.
- Batman ends up at the beauty salon.
- Riddler and Two-Face escape with the jewels.
- Bruce and Alfred solve the third riddle.
- Nygmatech press conference. Montage of Two-Face and Riddler taking hits from the box is cut.
- Dick discovers the Batcave.
- Chase gives Bruce a present.
- Dick’s drive in the Batmobile is maintained. It brings wit and charm to the film.
- Bruce’s “terrible morning” speech now features cameos from Returns.
- Nygmatech party. U2’s “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” plays during the party. Edward and Two-Face’s bickering about whose entrance was better is cut. Alternate angles of Batman’s fight are added.
- Batman’s close encounter with Death at the abandoned subway station.
- Bruce and Dick at the Batcave. Bruce watches the GNN news report and contemplates on his parents’ wake.
- Batman arrives at Chase’s apartment.
- “Bats on the Brain” scene at the Riddler’s lair altered.
- Bruce quits as Batman.
- Chase comes over for dinner.
- Bruce tells Chase about his childhood fears.
- Two-Face and Riddler’s raid on Wanye Manor. Two-Face’s first flip is cut.
- The giant bat scene plays out as Bruce’s nightmare.
- Bruce wakes up.
- Chase chained to the couch.
- Bruce and Alfred solve the final riddle.
- Batman suits up, sans butt shot.
- Robin and Batman team up.
- The climax plays out mostly the same. Robin’s 60’s Batman reference remains. Riddler’s “Was that OTT? I can never tell” and “Bummer!” are cut.
- Two-Face’s death at the capable hands of Batman.
- Edward is taken to Arkham.
- Batman and Chase kiss outside the asylum.
- New Burton-style ending.
- Michael Gough and Pat Hingle dedication cards.
- End credits.
- New closing logos.
So, have any suggestions? Feel free to leave them below. 😃