Sign In

Awful Star Wars Collectables

Author
Time
Too bad it is one of those old black and white web sites. They should upgrade to a color internet broadcast.
Author
Time
We should see if we can get hold of one of those dispensers for Rob - he'd love it!

Also, this is a great rating system:

* - German Teacher
** - Patronising Police Officer
*** - Daytime TV Presenter
**** - Overweight, spoilt 8-year-old
***** - John Wayne
Don't you call me a mindless philosopher...!
Author
Time
Originally posted by: generalfrevious
Let's not forget a more recent travesty: Darth.Tater.



How about the Spud Trooper
Author
Time
I got a good laugh out of Darth Tater. And nothing in recent years compares to this!
originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
Ha! That is so funny. I actually had that Darth Vader cake kit. My mom would make me chocolate birthday cakes in it. It looked really cool until you put icing on it and covered up his face. Wow, that C-3PO tape despenser was way too much! It is hard to believe they would ever make that thing in that position, and with that facial expression too! Great stuff!

Darth Tader? That is nothing, check this out:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/817c/

The Yoda packback. I think I am going to send my first kid, whether it is a boy or a girl, to their first day of school wearing this. Would that be too mean?

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Originally posted by: SilverWook
I got a good laugh out of Darth Tater. And nothing in recent years compares to this!


Since ROTS didn't come out on VHS, they came up with another way to use it as toilet paper...

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time
Originally posted by: C3PX
Ha! That is so funny. I actually had that Darth Vader cake kit. My mom would make me chocolate birthday cakes in it. It looked really cool until you put icing on it and covered up his face. Wow, that C-3PO tape despenser was way too much! It is hard to believe they would ever make that thing in that position, and with that facial expression too! Great stuff!

Darth Tader? That is nothing, check this out:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/817c/

The Yoda packback. I think I am going to send my first kid, whether it is a boy or a girl, to their first day of school wearing this. Would that be too mean?


I actually like the backpack. I'm planning to get one for myself
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
At least it is an OT product, and it is probably one of the only currently availible Yoda liknesses that isn't packaged with a lightsaber.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
That is SICK and WRONG in so many ways
A former SE and prequel fan who turned OOT.
Author
Time
"...your faithfull droid won't mind a bit. In fact he would be delighted."

Judging by his pose, and what I have learned about him from the tape despenser, I am sure he would be delighted!
Did these ceramic makers in 1983 have a threepio fetish or something! Those are two positions I never expected to see a proticol in in my entire life.


http://www.neweyestudio.com/ebayJ/ebj567.jpg

The only thing missing from this scene is the handcuffs.


Wow, that Darth Vader "waterball" is awsome! I really, really, really, want one! And I am not kidding eaither. That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It is like that sweet and annoyingly innocent (I always imagined Anakin Skywalker would have been a trouble maker in his youth, not little goody two shoes. Oh well.) little boy has climbed out of his evil dark menacing shell, and is living out his fantasy of playing in the snow. In context of how lame the prequels are, this snow globe makes perfect sense. In a galaxy where Darth Vader likes to do Frankenstien impressions, this fits amazingly well.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Originally posted by: C3PX
"...your faithfull droid won't mind a bit. In fact he would be delighted."

Judging by his pose, and what I have learned about him from the tape despenser, I am sure he would be delighted!
Did these ceramic makers in 1983 have a threepio fetish or something! Those are two positions I never expected to see a proticol in in my entire life.


They must have. The threepio stuff is just wrong on so many levels.
Author
Time
So why is it that 3PO suffers the weirdest and most disturbing product placements?

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
That tape dispenser was horrible.

Heh, I think I like the sense of humor the person who made that site has.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Gaffer Tape
So why is it that 3PO suffers the weirdest and most disturbing product placements?


Case in point:

http://absolutecoolness.com/filepile/c3pos.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time
Oh what I'd give for a box of those right about now. I had really hoped they would start remarketing those with the PT. Alas, Nothing. I had hoped it might become a permanent thing like Count Cocula. How great would it be to be able to walk into your local grocery store and buy a box at any time. It would become a permanent addition to my breakfast cabinet. Nothing better than tea, toast and 3POs.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
I remember having C-3PO's back in the day, but does anyone remember what they tasted like?