- The stunning new planets Utapau and the Wookie planet Kashyyyk
- The roguish interaction between Obi and Ani in the beginning of the film
- The epic opening battle. I think it's breathtaking. Yes, hard to follow, but I guess that's the point since we're following the jedi duo and not the battle.
- Some amazing imagery. Palpatine sitting down next to a burned Anakin on Mustafar after the lightsaber battle, The wookies charging before the big battle, the beautiful planets, Obi with his jedi hoodie on looking up into the sun on Utapau, Anakin beheading Dooku, The jedi temple massacre/march, Palpatine smiling menacly when Darth Vader rises and screams out NO, and I personally love Obiwan riding on that dragon like creature...damn I forgot its name. And many more.
- John William's score off course
- The toning down of the heavy handed politics a bit. Which was nigh on unbearable in the two other prequels.
- I also very much like that Anikan didn't turn to the dark side for a selfish reason, but unfortunately it just didn't play out very well due to the lack of chemistry between Nathalie Portman and Hayden Christensen and the bad script. Lucas had the right idea.
- There were so many interesting fantasy characters in the background, the little guys that fueled up Obi's ship on Utapau, obi's dragon lizard, etc.
- The great performance by Ian McDiarmid in the first half
- And there's more I love, undoubtedly, but I suck at writing long posts, hah.
- The idiot script most the time. The insensitive, witless dialogue. FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL blabla ugh
- Unfortunately Palpatine turned into a big cackling buffoon after he got Anakin to turn to the dark side. He could have slowed it down a bit and be more menacing.
- The Yoda vs Darth Sidious and Obi vs Ani lightsaber battle. Just...UGH too much. When you have two characters swinging from ropes and trying to hit each other with lightsabers you know you're doing something wrong.
- Padme. UGH
- The babies being delivered by the most ugly nurse robot of all time. And why a robot. Ok, I can live with that. But why a robot with such a dumb design.
- Still too much heavy handed politics.
- And a lot of ETC.
- Too many dumb and up close explosions.
- Mace Windu
I love and hate the film at same time. And I wish I could just love it entirely and let go. Anyone have the same dilema ?