Sign In

Anakin and the sequel trilogy

Author
Time

Why create the Kylo Ren character and make him obsessed with Vader if you’re not building to a “Kylo and force ghost Anakin have an intense discussion” scene?

And what kind of sequels to Return of The Jedi don’t have Luke (and Leia) and Anakin chatting it up?

Author
Time

The sequel trilogy being about legacy, it is interesting to have the characters be left to interpret for themselves the actions of those who preceded them.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DominicCobb said:

The sequel trilogy being about legacy, it is interesting to have the characters be left to interpret for themselves the actions of those who preceded them.

The problem being that the original trilogy already set up the fact that force ghosts interact with the living when they feel a need to.
Hell even TLJ had Yoda.

Anakin’s ghost appearing in the end of RotJ locks in what you do with a Skywalker descendant who is worshipping Vader.

Also funny that you mention “legacy”, since that comic series DID have both Luke and Anakin’s force ghosts talk to an edgy Skywalker descendant.

Author
Time

MikeWW said:

DominicCobb said:

The sequel trilogy being about legacy, it is interesting to have the characters be left to interpret for themselves the actions of those who preceded them.

The problem being that the original trilogy already set up the fact that force ghosts interact with the living when they feel a need to.
Hell even TLJ had Yoda.

Anakin’s ghost appearing in the end of RotJ locks in what you do with a Skywalker descendant who is worshipping Vader.

It’s entirely unclear what the rules for force ghosts are. Is it even possible for them to interact with those they didn’t know in life?

Also funny that you mention “legacy”, since that comic series DID have both Luke and Anakin’s force ghosts talk to an edgy Skywalker descendant.

Okay?

Author
Time

You aren’t really being fair here. You’re sowing doubt by throwing out an idea that has no evidence either way.

Author
Time

Isn’t that exactly what you’re doing with this odd insistence that Anakin’s ghost MUST speak to Kylo on film at some point…?

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

Isn’t that exactly what you’re doing with this odd insistence that Anakin’s ghost MUST speak to Kylo on film at some point…?

I’m saying that it’s illogical to create the character they have, combined with the context of the end of RotJ, and not have that scene.

If the prequels didn’t exist Anakin and Kylo woulda been done chatted by now.

Author
Time

Part of me would be very happy to see Luke and/or Kylo Ren interact with Anakin.

Author
Time

So long as the scene doesn’t end up looking like this. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?