Sign In

Amadeus - Theatrical Cut Restoration 1080p (V2) — Page 17

Author
Time

ak47wong said:

Thanks jimbotron for this fantastic work, letting us enjoy the film that we all loved in the cinema!

I have compiled a set of English subtitles for the theatrical cut that I would like to offer as part of the project. After working on this for many weeks, I believe these are the most complete and accurate subtitles available. I’ve made separate versions for UK and US spelling.

Only one bit of dialogue eludes me and it’s at the start of the movie. As Salieri’s valet reaches the top of the stairs, Salieri cries out “Sí, I killed you, Mozart” followed by two syllables that I can’t make out. I’ve checked the script, the play, and other subtitles (English and Italian) to no avail. Does anyone know what he says there?

I don’t know the best place to host the subtitles, so for now I’ve put them here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/ak47wong/Amadeus.zip

jimbotron, if are willing to accept my humble contribution, perhaps you can add this to your main post? In the words of Salieri, “It would be a tremendous honour for me.”

Also, I’ve compiled an almost-complete list of all the music in the film. I tried adding it to Wikipedia, but it was reverted. Nevertheless, for those interested in such things, you can view it here. Again, I’d love to know a good place to host this information!

I’m a little late to the party. I included a link in the original post.

Author
Time

Hey Jimbotron,

I noticed that some people on your Amadeus thread were wanting a smaller 720p version of your edit. I know some folks on myspleen tend to want the same sometimes. I was thinking of maybe doing this but only if I got your permission again. I usually use the program Ripbot264 to make high quality re-encodes. Anyway, if it’s okay with you I might upload a 720p version to myspleen.

Thanks,
Stretch

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

Hey Jimbotron,

I noticed that some people on your Amadeus thread were wanting a smaller 720p version of your edit. I know some folks on myspleen tend to want the same sometimes. I was thinking of maybe doing this but only if I got your permission again. I usually use the program Ripbot264 to make high quality re-encodes. Anyway, if it’s okay with you I might upload a 720p version to myspleen.

Thanks,
Stretch

Fine with me. That should smooth out the quality between HD and SD footage. Thanks!

Author
Time

Since it is on MySpleen now, I will be retiring my download links on 5/5. If anyone wants it without MySpleen, now’s the time.

Author
Time

Okay, the 720p version is now uploading to myspleen.

Author
Time

Hi

I’d love to see this version but I’m not on MySpleen so I’d really appreciate the download link before it goes.

Regards

Buzz

Author
Time

Namastebuzz said:

Hi

I’d love to see this version but I’m not on MySpleen so I’d really appreciate the download link before it goes.

Regards

Buzz

Check your PM

Author
Time

jimbotron235 said:

Since it is on MySpleen now, I will be retiring my download links on 5/5. If anyone wants it without MySpleen, now’s the time.

Just found out about this. I would really appreciate the link.

Thank you!

Author
Time

Great, I find this post a week too late.

So does anyone have any other links now? Non-MySpleen ones?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I can put up my own links, for non-MySpleen users, if jimbotron235 is OK with it. Otherwise, you’re out of luck if you don’t have an account there.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi, I sent the above poster a private message asking for the link, but if anyone else has it and wants to send it along that would be very much appreciated.

And I’m not a mySpleen user, for the record.

Author
Time

zxthehedgehog said:

I can put up my own links, for non-MySpleen users, if jimbotron235 is OK with it. Otherwise, you’re out of luck if you don’t have an account there.

Go ahead, thanks

Author
Time

Handman said:

swervinmonks said:

Thanks for starting this project! Any chance I could be directed to the 1st version?

PM sent.

I know I am late to this post, but I am also interested, if anyone could PM me a link. Thanks! Both me and my Dad LOVE this movie! Want to get it to him for Father’s Day.

Author
Time

Could anyone PM me a link.

Author
Time

Tried to burn this to a disc with TSMuxer but it wouldn’t play. Does anyone know if there’s an easy fix in the settings? I just used the defaults on my first try. Not too keen on going the trial-and-error route.

Author
Time

joefavs said:

Tried to burn this to a disc with TSMuxer but it wouldn’t play. Does anyone know if there’s an easy fix in the settings? I just used the defaults on my first try. Not too keen on going the trial-and-error route.

From my upload on Myspleen, and from earlier in this thread:

For those authoring a Blu Ray from the MKV with TSMuxer, you need to select “Do not change SEI and VUI data”

Author
Time

Still doesn’t work, I get the same jerky start-stop playback as when I try to burn Hal’s prequels to discs. I think my player just can’t handle it. USB playback it is, then.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi,
I’m dying for watching again the theatrical version of Amadeus, especially with the first excellent french dub (I’m a nazi concerning watching movies in original versions with subtitles but there are some exceptions, and Amadeus is one of them).
I was planning to do a restoration myself but since It seems that someone has done a great job, I’m happy to see that the work will not be too long and complicated for me (to incorporate the original french track that I have in an old DVD will not be too difficult).
Bref, is it possible to have a link for this great job ? I will be very thankful for that.

arigato

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Glad to see someone actually put this together. If someone wouldn’t mind sharing the non-myspleen links I would be most appreciative.

Author
Time

I would love a link to this restoration. Also does anyone have the audio commentary from the laserdisc?

Thanks so much!

Author
Time

Hi, I would also really like a link to the original cut of the movie. Would be great if someone could PM it to me.