Sign In

All Classic Lucasfilm THX Trailers (1983-2001) Remastered [WIP, 1/10 complete]

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’m a big fan of THX. THX has always meant something to me, especially in it’s trailer promos. This is my project on a big demo project i’m working on, dubbed the “THX Collector’s Demo” as a working title. This is Part 1, where I recreate the trailers from the Lucasfilm era (1983-2002). The trailers that will be available will be as followed:

  • Wings (May 1983)
  • Broadway (Fall 1983) Now Available
  • Cimarron ORIGINAL (May 1988)
  • Cimarron Dolby (1990)
  • Grand (June 1993)
  • Simpsons (Summer 1994)
  • Tex (July 1996)
  • Stampede (November 1997)
  • Broadway 2000 (May 1999)
  • Cavalcade (June 2001)
  • Shrek ORIGINAL (November 2001)

Selected trailers will be available as soon as they are finished, but work needs to be done first. When it’s available, please ask via chat so I can send the trailer(s) you wanted privately.

Credit goes to “That guy with no name” for working on Color Correcting for these trailers!

Author
Time

I would be happy to help. Does your project require color correcting? I am really good at that.

That Guy With No Name

Author
Time

That guy with no name said:

I would be happy to help. Does your project require color correcting? I am really good at that.

Yes, this needs color correcting for some of them. Wings, Broadway, Cimarron OG, Cimarron DOLBY, Grand, Simpsons, and Broadway 2000 all need color correcting, and stability, as they weren’t remastered and come from the 35mm sources. Work that is needed for those in editorial are 35mm Stability, upscaling to 4K, and Color correcting.
Tex, Stampede (Tex 2), Cavalcade, and Shrek were all made into digital sources during the Lucasfilm era, so the only work needed for those are the LucasFilm bylines (especially “Shrek”) and in Tex 2’s case (the 2005 scope render), The Audience is Listening slogan at the end. I will give you highest quality sources asap, if you want.

Author
Time

Looking forward to these, dude! ^^

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

IncrediStudios said:

That guy with no name said:

I would be happy to help. Does your project require color correcting? I am really good at that.

Yes, this needs color correcting for some of them. Wings, Broadway, Cimarron OG, Cimarron DOLBY, Grand, Simpsons, and Broadway 2000 all need color correcting, and stability, as they weren’t remastered and come from the 35mm sources. Work that is needed for those in editorial are 35mm Stability, upscaling to 4K, and Color correcting.
Tex, Stampede (Tex 2), Cavalcade, and Shrek were all made into digital sources during the Lucasfilm era, so the only work needed for those are the LucasFilm bylines (especially “Shrek”) and in Tex 2’s case (the 2005 scope render), The Audience is Listening slogan at the end. I will give you highest quality sources asap, if you want.

Sure! I would love to get them.
I can start work on 18th (when my new drive arives.)

That Guy With No Name

Author
Time

CamSMurph said:

Looking forward to these, dude! ^^

Thank you! They will be complete one by one, week by week. Let me know if you want any of the trailers!

That guy with no name said:

IncrediStudios said:

That guy with no name said:

I would be happy to help. Does your project require color correcting? I am really good at that.

Yes, this needs color correcting for some of them. Wings, Broadway, Cimarron OG, Cimarron DOLBY, Grand, Simpsons, and Broadway 2000 all need color correcting, and stability, as they weren’t remastered and come from the 35mm sources. Work that is needed for those in editorial are 35mm Stability, upscaling to 4K, and Color correcting.
Tex, Stampede (Tex 2), Cavalcade, and Shrek were all made into digital sources during the Lucasfilm era, so the only work needed for those are the LucasFilm bylines (especially “Shrek”) and in Tex 2’s case (the 2005 scope render), The Audience is Listening slogan at the end. I will give you highest quality sources asap, if you want.

Sure! I would love to get them.
I can start work on 18th (when my new drive arives.)

Okay then. The sources will be sent soon. Thanks for your help!

Author
Time

IncrediStudios said:

CamSMurph said:

Looking forward to these, dude! ^^

Thank you! They will be complete one by one, week by week. Let me know if you want any of the trailers!

That guy with no name said:

IncrediStudios said:

That guy with no name said:

I would be happy to help. Does your project require color correcting? I am really good at that.

Yes, this needs color correcting for some of them. Wings, Broadway, Cimarron OG, Cimarron DOLBY, Grand, Simpsons, and Broadway 2000 all need color correcting, and stability, as they weren’t remastered and come from the 35mm sources. Work that is needed for those in editorial are 35mm Stability, upscaling to 4K, and Color correcting.
Tex, Stampede (Tex 2), Cavalcade, and Shrek were all made into digital sources during the Lucasfilm era, so the only work needed for those are the LucasFilm bylines (especially “Shrek”) and in Tex 2’s case (the 2005 scope render), The Audience is Listening slogan at the end. I will give you highest quality sources asap, if you want.

Sure! I would love to get them.
I can start work on 18th (when my new drive arives.)

Okay then. The sources will be sent soon. Thanks for your help!

No problem at all.

That Guy With No Name

Author
Time

The Broadway trailer is now available for view. PM me if you want the trailer.

Author
Time

How do you plan on restoring the original Cimarron trailer? 😱

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

CamSMurph said:

How do you plan on restoring the original Cimarron trailer? 😱

Image will be from a already existing 35mm scan, audio will be re-created using multiple sources as per usual. Hope that turns out well. There are two versions you can view as well, ORIGINAL & Dolby.

Author
Time

IncrediStudios said:

CamSMurph said:

How do you plan on restoring the original Cimarron trailer? 😱

Image will be from a already existing 35mm scan, audio will be re-created using multiple sources as per usual. Hope that turns out well. There are two versions you can view as well, ORIGINAL & Dolby.

“Image will be from a already existing 35mm scan” you have a THX Cimarron 35mm??

Author
Time

LHUX said:

ok.
but why is your icon a 35mm with the Box with the Conductor’s Hand?

To describe the project i’m currently working on. Previously, it was a Toy Story one.