Sign In

Alec Baldwin's Phone Message to daughter

Author
Time
Well, I was sitting here watching the NBC Today show and they had a whole 10 minute segment dedicated to this crap with child psychologists and researchers who analizyed each minute of the message. Is it just me or is this not only an invasion of Balwin's personal relationship with his daughter, but too stupid to spend so much time on?
Author
Time
It is too stupid to spend time on. Besides, I think it was time he told his daughter the truth.
Fez: I am so excited about Star Whores.
Hyde: Fezzy, man, it's Star Wars.
Author
Time
This is pretty retarded. My parents have said thing equally harsh to me in the heat of the moment when I was being a pain as a kid. I bet every parent has uttered similar words at one point or another and not meant it (and I am not talking about real abusive parents here, I am talking about the ones that do love their kids). It is sad they waste so much time on this when there are kids who are truly being abused, and more often than you think to the point of death, by their own parents. In this case a celebrity looses his temper with his child and we crucify him for it. The sad thing is, I bet just about every person taking a piss on him for this has lost their temper at their own kids at one point.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Yeah, I mean, how is this news? Isn't the Virginia Tech massacre providing them with enough material that they don't have to dig up something this mundane and call it "news"? All it is in an invasion into someone's personal life. Screw that.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
No one should call there 11 year old kid a pig and cuss them like they are the scum of the earth. They need to beat the shit out of this guy.


Author
Time
Originally posted by: Marvolo
No one should call there 11 year old kid a pig and cuss them like they are the scum of the earth. They need to beat the shit out of this guy.


Yeah, I had only read a few snipits about it and a quote of the "selfish pig" part when I made my first post, since then I actually heard the sound clip and he was pretty harsh. My mom has called me things before, but never half as harsh is that. I still don't think the invasion of privacy is warrented though. I chalk the extremety of his outburst to his being a spoiled rish celebrity, it is terrible to talk to your eleven year old that way, but he is hardly the only parent to loose his temper at his kid. The swearing and name calling was way, way too far though. If he regularly looses it like that, then I have to agree he is not fit to be a father. if it was a one time thing, then I would say it is his own issue to deal with and the media should butt out. They should butt out anyway.

Ferris, I see from your flipping banner thing that you are a Texan. I am half Texan (something I don't proudly admit ), I guess that makes my mom a traitor for marrying an outsider. When I was a kid my best friend proudly boasted to being a fourth generation Texan. I grew up surrounded by Texans, but never lived in Texas. For Arnie or any others reading this who don't live in the US, there are two types of Americans, there are Texans, then there is everybody else. Texans are alright peope, the rest of us just like to make friendly jousts at them on account of their unkillable pride (which I admire). Notice how only the Texan puts his state in his flipping banner thing? Texan pride. Texans are good people, they just talk funny (nows the part where every Texan on the board gains up on me )

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Well, maybe it's just me but i just don't think that it is that bad. I've heard and seen much worse than an 11 year old girl being called pig. One thing I've learned in years past is that sometimes there are ways that family members talk to each other that is totally accepted and fine with everybody in the family that other people would construe as being terrible. All in all, Baldwin did not insult her size or physical attributes, but her behavior. I would imagine that the term "pig" within their family would imply bad or rude manners, not that she is or resembles a pig. It's not like he called her and said the last time he saw her she was getting fat and was a pig, now that would be traumatic to a childs self image. Here is an example, whenever I was kid and I was unruly, my family often said I was "showing my ass" which infers to me that I was being stubborn and showing that side of me. As I've gotten older I've learned that this phrase is not too common among people outside the southern United States and therefor, they would not quickly understand it. Now if my Dad was to call me when I was 11 and leave a ranting message that I was "showing my ass", then some would over analyze it thinking that my Dad was literally saying I showing my ass and not referring to behavior. Seeing what I have seen in life like 4 year old children locked in closets for months, children beaten with metal wires, and some instances of fathers berating their single digit aged daughters has "whores" and "cunts" then pig is so menial.
Author
Time
I'm no fan of Baldwin or calling little kids pigs, but seriously, this is being blown way out of proportion. This is not something the national news should be focusing on.

I swear, next we're going to get a story that President Bush accidentally sneezed on Nancy Pelosi.

Then a bunch of psychoanalysts are going to come on CNN and say that it's symptomatic of the struggle between men and women in America.

4

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab

I swear, next we're going to get a story that President Bush accidentally sneezed on Nancy Pelosi.

Then a bunch of psychoanalysts are going to come on CNN and say that it's symptomatic of the struggle between men and women in America.


I'd like to see that happen.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: ferris209
Well, maybe it's just me but i just don't think that it is that bad. I've heard and seen much worse than an 11 year old girl being called pig. One thing I've learned in years past is that sometimes there are ways that family members talk to each other that is totally accepted and fine with everybody in the family that other people would construe as being terrible. All in all, Baldwin did not insult her size or physical attributes, but her behavior. I would imagine that the term "pig" within their family would imply bad or rude manners, not that she is or resembles a pig. It's not like he called her and said the last time he saw her she was getting fat and was a pig, now that would be traumatic to a childs self image. Here is an example, whenever I was kid and I was unruly, my family often said I was "showing my ass" which infers to me that I was being stubborn and showing that side of me. As I've gotten older I've learned that this phrase is not too common among people outside the southern United States and therefor, they would not quickly understand it. Now if my Dad was to call me when I was 11 and leave a ranting message that I was "showing my ass", then some would over analyze it thinking that my Dad was literally saying I showing my ass and not referring to behavior. Seeing what I have seen in life like 4 year old children locked in closets for months, children beaten with metal wires, and some instances of fathers berating their single digit aged daughters has "whores" and "cunts" then pig is so menial.


*In Count Dooku Voice*
But we're not talking about any ordinary parent here.......
We are talking about the great "alec Baldwin" who holds himself in such high-esteem.....
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Chaltab
I'm no fan of Baldwin or calling little kids pigs, but seriously, this is being blown way out of proportion. This is not something the national news should be focusing on.

I swear, next we're going to get a story that President Bush accidentally sneezed on Nancy Pelosi.

Then a bunch of psychoanalysts are going to come on CNN and say that it's symptomatic of the struggle between men and women in America.

That was hilarious. I really did LOL at that one. I like how we jump from one obession to another, first it is "racist radio hosts" with bad hair, then it is a phycho killer, now it is Baldwin and his daughter. I can't wait to see what CNN brings us tomorrow.


Originally posted by: ferris209
Well, maybe it's just me but i just don't think that it is that bad. I've heard and seen much worse than an 11 year old girl being called pig. One thing I've learned in years past is that sometimes there are ways that family members talk to each other that is totally accepted and fine with everybody in the family that other people would construe as being terrible. All in all, Baldwin did not insult her size or physical attributes, but her behavior. I would imagine that the term "pig" within their family would imply bad or rude manners, not that she is or resembles a pig. It's not like he called her and said the last time he saw her she was getting fat and was a pig, now that would be traumatic to a childs self image. Here is an example, whenever I was kid and I was unruly, my family often said I was "showing my ass" which infers to me that I was being stubborn and showing that side of me. As I've gotten older I've learned that this phrase is not too common among people outside the southern United States and therefor, they would not quickly understand it. Now if my Dad was to call me when I was 11 and leave a ranting message that I was "showing my ass", then some would over analyze it thinking that my Dad was literally saying I showing my ass and not referring to behavior. Seeing what I have seen in life like 4 year old children locked in closets for months, children beaten with metal wires, and some instances of fathers berating their single digit aged daughters has "whores" and "cunts" then pig is so menial.



Those are some very good points. The part of his phone message that kind of stood out to me was the comment on the size of her brain, the pig thing seemed typically annoyed parent talk. I could not agree with you more about how much worse things parents do to their children than that. Things like the child locked in the closet that you mentioned sends chills down my spine. Back in my old construction days, a guy was telling me about a run down house he was remodeling and he mentioned that the kitchen pantry, which was large enough to put a child in, had had a lock mounted on the outside. Even the possibility of things like this are horrifying.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
My friend's mom called him a "preppy-ass bitch" a few weeks ago. Would that be considered abusive?

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time
No, that would be considered hilarious. "preppy-ass bitch", a girl being called that would be one thing, but a boy? If my mom called me that I would break out laughing.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Which is exactly what we did when he told us about it the next day.

http://i.imgur.com/7N84TM8.jpg

Author
Time
The worst thing I think of all this is that this man's private life was made public. That is the grossest misstep of all. I wouldn't think it's good to speak to an 11 yr old that way, but that is nothing compared to how many people treat their children. That kid got a dose of reality. And it had to have been the mother's "people" who made this public. Who else would have had acess to the phone message. She's using her child to get what she wants. That makes her worse than Alec Baldwin.
Author
Time
I actually thought the audio was hilarious when I heard it on the radio on Friday. The whole time I was laughing under my breath. It was basically like hearing a sibling being yelled at by my parents. The pig comment was bad, but the girl might have deserved it depending upon if she were acting like a pig or not.

I can't think of any situation where I'd ever use language like that on a child of mine (assuming I'll have children), but even I know I have my limits (say if the offense were on the level of murder or purposely destroying expensive property). At worst, Alec Baldwin is a jerk and his daughter won't suffer any mentionable harm from that fact. While at best, he cares about his daughter a lot and got overly pissed at some of her nasty behavior. I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in between. Either way, this shouldn't have become a public issue.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
Wow yes I agree with those who say the media's blowing this out of proportion since they're desperate for a story.

This is a candid moment in someone's personal life. Is he harsh? Yes. Are all families like this at some point? Yes. The Brady Bunch is a myth...

moving on.
He big in nothing important in good elephant.

"Miss you, I will, Original Trilogy..."

"Your midichlorians are weak, Old man." -Darth Vader 2007 super deluxe extra special dipped in chocolate sauce edition.

http://prequelsstink.ytmnd.com/
Author
Time
Yeah, Baldwin is the same guy who went on a psycho-rant on Letterman during the Clinton impeachment scandal screaming that people on the prosecuting team should be stoned, and about how evil people who watch FoxNews are...glad to see he's setting the example of moderation for us all to follow. If I had to speak to my daughter like that to get her under control I'd consider myself an absolute failure as a father. Parents in this country are way too lenient on their kids and it's got to stop, but this is crazy.
Nemo me impune lacessit

http://ttrim.blogspot.com
Author
Time
<news type="non-news" gives-a-shit="nope"></news>
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: JediSage
Yeah, Baldwin is the same guy who went on a psycho-rant on Letterman during the Clinton impeachment scandal screaming that people on the prosecuting team should be stoned, and about how evil people who watch FoxNews are...glad to see he's setting the example of moderation for us all to follow. If I had to speak to my daughter like that to get her under control I'd consider myself an absolute failure as a father. Parents in this country are way too lenient on their kids and it's got to stop, but this is crazy.


Didn't he also say that if Bush won another team that he was going to leave the US? A lot of conservatives are still waiting for that to happen.
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
Yeah, a lot of anti-Bush folk made a lot of big talk about what they would do if he won the second term. But, he won the second term and I have yet to see any of them do anything. Just goes to confirm the statement "talk is cheap".

Back to the evil Baldwin and his damnable verbal abuse of his daughter which should land him in jail and is bound to destroy his career (for a couple of months). I heard on the his wife has hired body guards for Ireland to protect her from her dad. That is so crazy. It is not like the guy is going to hurt her. Even if he was that type, he wouldn't try it after the huge media thing. She is just doing this crap for show. Very over dramatic, but the media and the masses seem to be eating it up.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time
Originally posted by: C3PX
Yeah, a lot of anti-Bush folk made a lot of big talk about what they would do if he won the second term. But, he won the second term and I have yet to see any of them do anything. Just goes to confirm the statement "talk is cheap".

Back to the evil Baldwin and his damnable verbal abuse of his daughter which should land him in jail and is bound to destroy his career (for a couple of months). I heard on the his wife has hired body guards for Ireland to protect her from her dad. That is so crazy. It is not like the guy is going to hurt her. Even if he was that type, he wouldn't try it after the huge media thing. She is just doing this crap for show. Very over dramatic, but the media and the masses seem to be eating it up.


I think the security is to protect her from the hounding media and psycho people, not Alec. I didn't even know Ireland existed until this whole deal, I'm sure some psycho in a basement will see her and think "She and I are meant to wed". Plus, you know some reporter with an agenda will be trying to get a statement from Ireland directly. So, I can see Kim's reasons.