Sign In

ANH GOUT Reconstruction (WORK HAS BEGUN FOR GOOD) — Page 4

Author
Time

I love how direct and sharp this thread is.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Since the GOUT features my favorite OT color grade, i’m really looking forward to this project 😃

Rogue One is redundant. Just play the first mission of DARK FORCES.
Being surrounded by yes men: the hallmark of a corrupt leader.
‘The best visual effects in the world will not compensate for a story told badly.’ - V.E.S.
‘Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.’ - SilverWook

Author
Time

Looks awesome That Guy, good work👍

Author
Time

why is dark jedi’s 720p upscale used instead of the actual ntsc gout dvds

Author
Time

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

why is dark jedi’s 720p upscale used instead of the actual ntsc gout dvds

Its because of two reasons, Number 1, its the only versions I could find at short notice.
number 2, is because it works well as a color reference.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

That guy with no name said:

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

why is dark jedi’s 720p upscale used instead of the actual ntsc gout dvds

Its because of two reasons, Number 1, its the only versions I could find at short notice.
number 2, is because it works well as a color reference.

EDIT i apologize for being mean, rude and i am a fool for complaining at something for such a silly reason

Author
Time
 (Edited)

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

That guy with no name said:

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

why is dark jedi’s 720p upscale used instead of the actual ntsc gout dvds

Its because of two reasons, Number 1, its the only versions I could find at short notice.
number 2, is because it works well as a color reference.

sorry about being rude but the project restarted also recreating something slightly modified is not a good way of recreating something IMO

NOTE mods if this is going too offtopic please remove this

Alright, If you don’t like my edits then just leave. this is isn’t an official release, you’re not gonna die.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

That guy with no name said:

sorry about being rude but the project restarted also recreating something slightly modified is not a good way of recreating something IMO

NOTE mods if this is going too offtopic please remove this

So i take it this edit isn’t for you lol, maybe you should have read That Guys change list first. I honestly don’t get your post, if you have nothing nice or positive or even in your case not interested in this edit why comment at all.

I’m not attacking you or anything but don’t get why make such a comment when you can clearly see that others members are interested in what That Guy is doing.

Author
Time

Atom-88 said:

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

That guy with no name said:

sorry about being rude but the project restarted also recreating something slightly modified is not a good way of recreating something IMO

NOTE mods if this is going too offtopic please remove this

So i take it this edit isn’t for you lol, maybe you should have read That Guys change list first. I honestly don’t get your post, if you have nothing nice or positive or even in your case not interested in this edit why comment at all.

I’m not attacking you or anything but don’t get why make such a comment when you can clearly see that others members are interested in what That Guy is doing.

Thanks Atom, at least some people on this forum are nice.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

That guy with no name said:

nobodybutjarjar42 said:

why is dark jedi’s 720p upscale used instead of the actual ntsc gout dvds

Its because of two reasons, Number 1, its the only versions I could find at short notice.
number 2, is because it works well as a color reference.

EDIT i apologize for being mean, rude and i am a fool for complaining at something for such a silly reason

Its okay, we all make mistakes, even I sometimes complain about non-important stuff.
kudos to you for apologizing!

Author
Time

I like this because I like the way the Gout looks and it sounds like your also not going for a solid recreation as in warts and all including sound fixes and so on although I’m not hearing you talk about synch fixes which there are numerous times it goes wrong and out of synch. That would be a perhaps good idea as it’s akin to removing garbage mattes.

So although the GOUT is good there is a decision you must make on the Yavin take oFF shot will you go with the Orange recomposite planet with better color or the red planet messed up original?

But hey looking forward to seeing how this come along. 😃

Author
Time

Ronster said:

I like this because I like the way the Gout looks and it sounds like your also not going for a solid recreation as in warts and all including sound fixes and so on although I’m not hearing you talk about synch fixes which there are numerous times it goes wrong and out of synch. That would be a perhaps good idea as it’s akin to removing garbage mattes.

So although the GOUT is good there is a decision you must make on the Yavin take oFF shot will you go with the Orange recomposite planet with better color or the red planet messed up original?

But hey looking forward to seeing how this come along. 😃

I will be going with whatever the gout looks like in that shot, when I get to it anyway.

Author
Time

How the fudge did I miss this thread!? Well, I can’t wait check this out. Hopefully you’re able to restart this project in the near future. Also do you still have the old screenshots or clips of your previous work on this, or are they mostly gone because of the restart? I’m curious how it was turning out before you realized that SkyMaster’s Technicolor version is better material to work with than 4K77. If not, that’s okay. I just wait for the future updates on this then.

Frank Dux is a dangerous dude!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

LardBladder said:

How the fudge did I miss this thread!? Well, I can’t wait to check this out. Hopefully, you’re able to restart this project in the near future. Also, do you still have the old screenshots or clips of your previous work on this, or are they mostly gone because of the restart? I’m curious how it was turning out before you realized that SkyMaster’s Technicolor version is a better material to work with than 4K77. If not, that’s okay. I just wait for future updates on this then.

I was JUST starting to re-download all the material, this is going to be basically a fusion of EVERY available source. don’t worry I don’t disappoint 😉.

Author
Time

The Death Star Demise clip is really beautiful! But FYI, the download doesn’t look too GOUT-like yet:

I attempted to play the GOUT DVD and capture that, but the Mac won’t let me screencap a commercial DVD. The 720P Gout shown here looks fairly identical though - There’s more pink and yellow in the GOUT, yours looks whiter and bluer - on my monitor anyway.