Sign In

ALIEN: REDUX - The Virtual Workprint (WIP) — Page 2

Author
Time
 (Edited)

cosmicjazz said:

RwAoNrDdOsM said:

cosmicjazz said:

b5historyman said:

cosmicjazz said:

b5historyman said:

cosmicjazz said:

When I first did my edit it was only the second time I had attempted such a thing. For ages I wanted to at least go back to my original files spread across 20 DVDs and at least do a remaster. But I recently imported those files to my PC and I’m not happy with the quality. So I’m doing a reconstruction from better source materials. This will included fixing some glitches and making some changes to my edit.

Stay tuned.

Looking forward to this, are these from BD or DVD sources?

Bluray for the regular footage. But most of the deleted footage is SD quality. I’m finding lots of little glitches from the initial edit that I’m fixing now as well.

Would Topaz Gigapixel AI be of use in dealing with the SD deleted scenes?

Never heard of it actually

I’d be happy to help you upscale some stuff, I’ve been messing around with upscaling DS9 and come up with some pretty good techniques to get the most out of Topaz Video Enhance AI. Just chuck me a PM if you’re interested

Do you have your own copy of Topaz? I downloaded it and it was too much for my PC. So I ended up paying Topaz themselves and uploaded a bunch of the cut scenes and I honestly didn’t see that much of a difference in the quality.

Just have a the free trial (and may have had a few times already), but there is advantages of doing it yourself cos you can choose what model is used to upscale or even being able to combine multiple models after the fact to get the most accurate upscale. I’ve done a bit or messing around with that actually and it provides some really promising results

BTW sorry for the late msg, wasn’t following this thread for some reason 😛

Author
Time

Hey, Hows the edit coming along?

kind regards
Danny

Author
Time

closer2god said:

Hey, Hows the edit coming along?

kind regards
Danny

It’s done. Just need to make a manageable size rendered file

Author
Time

Yes !! Congrats on finishing up the hardest part. I know I’m ready to see your work. And thank you !

Author
Time

Hello there, cosmicjazz !! All of your fans are patiently awaiting your finished product. Here’s hoping that the rendering is coming along well and is up to your personal standards. Thanks for everything !

Author
Time

I rendered it in 720 less than 4GB and am happy with the results. I really don’t have the ability to seed this thing. I was hoping to find someone who I could mail it to who could seed it out there somewhere.

Author
Time

cosmicjazz said:

I rendered it in 720 less than 4GB and am happy with the results. I really don’t have the ability to seed this thing. I was hoping to find someone who I could mail it to who could seed it out there somewhere.

What about 1080p?

Author
Time

heathen3017 said:

cosmicjazz said:

I rendered it in 720 less than 4GB and am happy with the results. I really don’t have the ability to seed this thing. I was hoping to find someone who I could mail it to who could seed it out there somewhere.

What about 1080p?

It would still have to fit on a DVDR. So at 1080 the bit rate would have to be much lower to fit. And considering that 30 min of footage is extras and not in HD there comes a point what is the plus of 1080 when there will be constant quality changes anyway?

Author
Time

closer2god said:

I could put it on my google drive.

I’d have to use something like winrar to save it into chunks as I can only fit 2gb on my google drive

Author
Time

cosmicjazz said:

heathen3017 said:

cosmicjazz said:

I rendered it in 720 less than 4GB and am happy with the results. I really don’t have the ability to seed this thing. I was hoping to find someone who I could mail it to who could seed it out there somewhere.

What about 1080p?

It would still have to fit on a DVDR. So at 1080 the bit rate would have to be much lower to fit. And considering that 30 min of footage is extras and not in HD there comes a point what is the plus of 1080 when there will be constant quality changes anyway?

I consider having the best possible resolution that matches the source for the material to be a plus.

Author
Time

looking forward to this

!