A centralised collection of threads supporting the call for an official release of the unaltered theatrical version of the OT films…
An introductory compilation thread which illustrates the importance of preserving the three Original Trilogy films in their original theatrical release form, the tremendous collective efforts and talent that went into making these three iconic and groundbreaking movies - some of which were removed & replaced - and remain unseen for many years…
Addressing the continuing passage of time without a dedicated and quality official release of the original classic version - and the continuing goal of the site in achieving such a release…
Highlighting Lucasfilm’s reluctance to even discuss or address the issue of preserving and releasing the original classic version of the three films - which underpin the entire Galaxy Far Far Away.
Calling attention to the continuing changes made to the three films over the years, and the conflicting reasons given for the making continuing alterations to the Original Trilogy. And also covering the blurring of the trilogy’s film history with revisions, retcons and some obfuscation…
Below is a small selection of the many informative, insightful and quality threads on here which cover many various topics supporting the site’s enduring goal for an official dedicated release of the unaltered theatrical version of the Original Trilogy:-
• Disney+ Should Offer the Star Wars Original Cuts—All of Them - doubleofive’s sweeping article on the Original Trilogy at Wired
^ A quality and comprehensive article on why the films are important to the people who grew up with them, why they wish to have the option to experience them as they originally were released - as well as preserving important and cultural film history for everyone to experience. A reminder that the various ‘Special Edition’ versions are NOT the award-winning, iconic, landmark & groundbreaking original version of the films. And highlights just why we are here - some of us for many years, and some just taking their first steps…
• Some ‘what the Star Wars Original Trilogy means to us - the fans…’ threads - throughout the site’s existence so far:-
That Star Wars Feeling… | What Star Wars has meant to you | How has Star Wars aged with you? | What feels most Star Wars
• Original Trilogy Film Crew & People Behind The Scenes: Profiles, Info & Links (some of the amazing people & talent on the OT)
• The 3 OT film ‘Behind The Scenes / Making Of image threads’ for… Star Wars : Empire Strikes Back : Return Of The Jedi
• There should be a proper release of the 1977 Star Wars at this point (1995 saw the last dedicated release of the unaltered OT)
• Is it Lucas, or Fox, who has prevented the restored OOT release? (before Disney acquired Fox in 2019)
• We have X in HD, but we still don’t have Star Wars
• 4K restoration on Star Wars (re the restoration work undertaken by Lowry Digital / Reliance Media Works, & the 2019 SE 4K release)
• I love the OOT fan projects on here - yet still want an official unaltered OT release. You?
• George Lucas: Unreliable Narrator & Time Travelling Revisionist…
• How George Lucas created the O-OT fanbase
• A Long Time Ago… - Share Your Star Wars Story (re the first time you saw the Original Trilogy films)
• How many times have you bought the movies?
• When/Why did you become an OT purist?
• “I am wondering…why are you here?”
• A More Civilized Age of Star Wars…now an Evil Empire in Dark Times - What to do?
• An OriginalTrilogy.com timeline thread | a history of the site + why & how it came to be…
• OriginalTrilogy.com in the Press
• Articles & info that highlight / call for a classic version release of the Original Trilogy
• doubleofive’s “Disney+ Should Offer the Star Wars Original Cuts” 2020 article - on Wired (OT•com thread on the Wired article)
• Complete Comparison of Special Edition Visual Changes (with an Index for Sources of Info on the changes made to the OT films)
• Reasoning Behind Changes from Release to Release
• You’d think they’d clean this up - the unfixed issues of the 2004 OT SE DVD release…
• What HASN’T changed on the 2011 OT SE Blu-ray release – the uncorrected mistakes…
• Modern SE Revisionism (retcons, mistakes, re-writing & the clouding of the history of the three iconic films… in official sources)
• I thought the goal of this site was to get the original versions of The Star Wars Trilogy Epiosdes 4,5, and 6 on DVD and blu-ray
• I’ll never understand the attitude of people who oppose the release of the unaltered original trilogy
• What can a Newbie do to help?
• ‘#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy | OriginalTrilogy•com’s enduring goal | How you can help…’ - coming soon…
How you can help… (on some damn-fool idealistic crusade - or something)…
The above collection of threads require continuing contributions and efforts from you - the members of this resourceful and resolute community - to keep these relevant and discerning sources of information maintained and updated… in a bid to help inform, educate, chronicle, and be a reference point for those who wish to know more about the original version of the Original Trilogy films.
The same original version of the three films which have not had an official dedicated release to purchase and be experienced by the public for a quarter of a century - and counting. That a new generation of fans know little of - or have been misinformed by the retcons, revisionism and obfuscation of these pioneering and landmark films’ history.
The unaltered theatrical version of the Original Trilogy which stood for 20 years, still underpins the entire Galaxy Far Far Away, remaining much-loved and often requested… and yet according to George Lucas… “no longer exist”.
To put it simply, it is your posts in striving to improve the above indexed threads and also keep them updated and maintained - that will determine how much of a benefit they can be to the wider community here - not just here in the present, but for the future too - also as a chronicle of quality, authentic and trusted information along the way.
So if you come across an insightful, informative, quality article or piece of information - or have some thoughts, stories or ideas yourself that you’d like to talk about in the above threads - then please post them up…
We need your help, we can’t do this alone - some of us are ‘getting too old for this sort of thing’ - or something… 😉
Thanks - and may the force be with you… always.
For more info on the OT•com site and original mid-2000’s petition… see the Sites and Publications Supporting the Petition forum, as well as many threads in the Original Trilogy Discussion and Theatrical Cuts vs. Subsequent Releases sections…
… as well as the ‘Threads highlighting efforts for a theatrical version release of the Original Trilogy…’ section of the ‘Fandom’ category in the An Index & Help Thread for Original Trilogy Discussion…
From a certain point of view… every member who signed the petition, joined and registered here, or simply made a post or thread on here… is part of the collective fan effort to highlight the enduring wish for an official release of the unaltered theatrical version of the Original Trilogy films. To experience these iconic, pioneering and much-loved movies on a modern digital format - with the love, care & respect they so longingly deserve…
TLDR?; The threads indexed above discuss topics surrounding the call for an official release of the unaltered theatrical version of the Original Trilogy - and could benefit from being maintained, updated and still be of relevance. So we ask you, the resolute members of this
rebel base site to please help us to do just that - if you see any articles or information of quality, insight or interest, or have any thoughts yourself you’d like to discuss, please add them to these discernible threads. MTFBWY… always.
If you have any suggestions for quality & informative threads to be added to the above collection, please post them below - thank you.
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info