Sign In

A New Hope Repossessed — Page 2

Author
Time

RogueLeader said:

FreezingTNT2 said:

  1. Do you plan on updating it to improve some outdated explosions and smoke effects, as well as adding in some music from The Last Jedi into the Death Star fight?

A very specific question.

LOL yea, that’s pretty specific. I’m not quite taking requests at this point but feel free to use my edit as a base or to use clips as you wish.

Author
Time

ok, so color-correction has gotten way more intensive than I originally anticipated. I’ve gone in scene-by-scene to both Possessed’s footage and FGR’s footage. I also added back in the CGI dewback outside the cantina as Luke and Obiwan walk in - I just like this better than the big rubber one swinging his head. I added some motion blur to some new vfx shots at the end as well and also color corrected them further. Still fine-tuning the final cut and will be ready within a few days.

Author
Time

The problem with the CGI dewback is that it looks very unrealistic and jarring and will take you out of the movie.

Adywan’s Star Wars Revisited edits are to Blade Runner: The Final Cut as the original theatrical releases of the original trilogy are to the original version of Blade Runner.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Some new updates on this:

I’ve done scene by scene color correction to the entire prologue to make Scarif look more bright/vibrant and tropical. Overall, the whole prologue has better colors and contrast. I’ve also replaced/updated a few more fx clips in the Battle of Yavin, as well as the intro to Yavin base - new panning shot of the forest canopy and establishing shot of the Temple (per Rogue One).

Author
Time

If this had Adywan’s version of the Ben vs Vader fight or something similar instead of the fan film fight, I believe it would be the definitive version of ANH.

Author
Time

Kingj3489 said:

If this had Adywan’s version of the Ben vs Vader fight or something similar instead of the fan film fight, I believe it would be the definitive version of ANH.

That’s a fair opinion. Some people love the Sc.38 duel and some prefer the original. I think it fits pretty well now that it’s cut down and color-corrected. Thank you

Author
Time

Update: I’ve further color corrected the Sc.38 duel to match the Possessed footage. Also got rid of a few extra frames FGR had in there - they were very hard to see, but they were there. Fixed. 😃

Author
Time

Ok, I also added Adywan’s electro effect to the torture droid’s needle. 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I get what you’re trying to do with the end battle over Yavin but there are two problems.

  1. Some of the ships are clearly just blocks.
  2. You cut from one scene where the space represented on the screen has many ships, then in the next scene it has 2-3. What happened to the rest? It’s immediately jarring.

The Mos Eisley scene doesn’t work because the Jedha scene presents a densely populated city with a lot of buildings that are all jammed together. That’s not how the city looks as represented in ANH.

Author
Time

regularjoe said:

I get what you’re trying to do with the end battle over Yavin but there are two problems.

  1. Some of the ships are clearly just blocks.
  2. You cut from one scene where the space represented on the screen has many ships, then in the next scene it has 2-3. What happened to the rest? It’s immediately jarring.

The Mos Eisley scene doesn’t work because the Jedha scene presents a densely populated city with a lot of buildings that are all jammed together. That’s not how the city looks as represented in ANH.

I agree about Jedha and ultimately decided against using that clip.

As for the Death Star battle, we only follow a few pilots - the rest are superfluous - this was the same in the original
cut - “we count 30 rebel ships” … yet, we follow about 7 different pilots. I didn’t change anything other than upgrade a few vfx shots.

Author
Time

I generally like what you’re doing with Yavin, however the ships in the added scenes need much, much more detail to them and you have to have continuity. If you have one scene with a lot of ships in it and the next scene is one of the pilots of said ships, the next scene pretty much has to follow the first scene for what is populating the background.

Author
Time

regularjoe said:

I generally like what you’re doing with Yavin, however the ships in the added scenes need much, much more detail to them and you have to have continuity. If you have one scene with a lot of ships in it and the next scene is one of the pilots of said ships, the next scene pretty much has to follow the first scene for what is populating the background.

Actually, if you compare the shots I’ve replaced with the originals, the new shots show the same number of ships as the original shots - just better quality clip. The only exception to this, is the second shot once the TIEs arrive. And that shot is just to establish the battle - The rest of the scene only follows a few pilots, just like the original. I will try to put together a comparison clip with the original.

Author
Time

Can you send me a link to the edit?

Adywan’s Star Wars Revisited edits are to Blade Runner: The Final Cut as the original theatrical releases of the original trilogy are to the original version of Blade Runner.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Adywan improved the matte painting of Tatooine in the opening shot for his upcoming ANH:R HD:

Do you plan on using it? (Yeah there’s some text, but it’s able to be removed via Photoshop)

Adywan’s Star Wars Revisited edits are to Blade Runner: The Final Cut as the original theatrical releases of the original trilogy are to the original version of Blade Runner.

Author
Time

Can you message me a link please? Really want to see this edit. Thabks for all your work.