Sign In

A Goofy Movie 1080p [In Progress]

Author
Time

Gonna be honest, man, it looks really rough right now.

Author
Time

KillThad said:

Gonna be honest, man, it looks really rough right now.

Really? Could you be more specific, so it can be better?

IN PROGRESS: The Story of The Force Awakens

Author
Time
 (Edited)

That is pretty cool man, I love it, will this be Widescreen or Full Screen? And what sources are you going to be using? because in the screencaps I see a lot of noise in the picture, like grain almost

Author
Time

JonathanArthur19 said:

That is pretty cool man, I love it, will this be Widescreen or Full Screen? And what sources are you going to be using? because in the screencaps I see a lot of noise in the picture, like grain almost

The primary source will be the PAL DVD as it is the only source I could find (outside the HDTV broadcast) that was widescreen. I’m currently working in Avisynth to combat the MPEG-2 compression without affecting the film grain.

IN PROGRESS: The Story of The Force Awakens

Author
Time

That’s pretty cool, I have the 2000 NTSC DVD, and I don’t like how the PAL get’s the original Widescreen presentation and us here with NTSC get a Pan & Scan 4:3 version, So I’d very much like to see this when it’s done

Author
Time

Progress report: Testing out SmoothD2c in the script yields some… interesting results. Here are some screenshots so you can see what I mean.
Old script: https://imgur.com/DO1fKV0
New script: https://imgur.com/RNBjf5N
With SmoothD2c: https://imgur.com/qqycDC6
Without SmoothD2c: https://imgur.com/pvKQNrQ
Regarding the color, I’m using ColorMatrix to convert the colors from Rec.601 to Rec.709.

IN PROGRESS: The Story of The Force Awakens

Author
Time

Avatar_Emil_Borg said:

The primary source will be the PAL DVD as it is the only source I could find (outside the HDTV broadcast) that was widescreen.

A question: why you are not using the HDTV as main source? It can’t be worse than DVD, right?

[Fundamental Collection] thread| homepage: blog.spoRv.com| fan preservation forum: fanres.com|

Author
Time

Avatar_Emil_Borg said:

KillThad said:

Gonna be honest, man, it looks really rough right now.

Really? Could you be more specific, so it can be better?

Never mind. I was on mobile, so the pictures weren’t loading properly.

Author
Time

^…^ said:

Avatar_Emil_Borg said:

The primary source will be the PAL DVD as it is the only source I could find (outside the HDTV broadcast) that was widescreen.

A question: why you are not using the HDTV as main source? It can’t be worse than DVD, right?

I’m not using the HDTV simply because it is not a good place to start. Quality might be passable, but the resolution? Not so much. Honestly, if Disney simply did a proper HD scan of the movie and broadcast it, I didn’t have to make this project in the first place. Or better yet, release a HD scan on Blu-ray.

IN PROGRESS: The Story of The Force Awakens

Author
Time

i have 3gb file of this movie thats been upscaled using waifu2x the noise reduction on it honestly looks kind of weird. but honestly the PAL dvd is the best thing your’e going to come across in terms for sources.

Author
Time

^…^ said:

Avatar_Emil_Borg said:
I’m not using the HDTV simply because it is not a good place to start. Quality might be passable, but the resolution? Not so much.

So, the PAL DVD is better?!?

Currently, yes.

IN PROGRESS: The Story of The Force Awakens

Author
Time

It’s as close as you can get for quality since PAL is a bit higher than 480p, but lower than 720p and 1080p, and the NTSC DVD is only in Full Screen and the PAL DVD is Widescreen