logo Sign In

6 DVD Box Set for this November — Page 2

Author
Time
Why would the box-set release in 2007 on the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars Theatrical Debut and to push the 3D releases in theatres? Besides its not just a matter of who "wins" the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war. From what I've read HD-DVD/toshiba has conceded on some grounds and the war will likely be over before it hits the market & PS3 going blu-ray and X-box dumping HD-DVD and Blu-ray storing more...my guess is bank on Blu-ray. But it is a matter of market penetration. Will everyone have the next standard by next year? Do you think they'd leave it on the market to linger, with sub-par sales that accumulate while the public is migrating to the new standard? And as more times passes, technology improves and more could be acomplished for the High-def release. 2007 makes sense on all of those levels. As far as november, I would expect the boxset to be out then. ROTS will release, Clone Wars 2 will release for sure. Now maybe they will release separately slightly ahead of the boxset, but you've got be on drugs if you think they wouldn't push the boxset during the holiday season sales boom. I wouldn't be suprised to see a special boxset that has clone wars as well. While Lucas has proven more than a few times he'll do what he wants to do, he also know how to make money and "milk it" as said above. Logic, deems the rumors to make sense.
16 years I wait and this is what I get???
Author
Time
OBI-WONTON,

I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE BACKGROUND ON WHAT I DO. I'M IN THE MOVIE/ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. THE INFORMATION THAT I GET IS OFFICIAL. I DO NOT POST FALSE INFORMATION ON HERE. I DO POST SPECULATIONS ON MY PART, AND WHEN I DO THAT I LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT IT IS PURELY SPECULATION. WHAT I POSTED BEFORE WAS NOT SPECULATION.

BTW, X-BOX WILL NOT BE RUNNING HD-DVD OR BLU-RAY ON THE X-BOX 360*. I'LL HAVE MORE INFORMATION ON THAT IN THE "PSYCHO INSIDER."

"I'VE GROWN TIRED OF ASKING, SO THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME..."
The Mangler Bros. Psycho Dayv Armchaireviews Notes on Suicide

Author
Time
Yes that's what i tell everyone and they don't believe me..the X-Box 360 does not play blu ray!!
"A Jedi can feel the force flow through him".
Author
Time
Here's the same news from DVDfile.com.

In the Pipeline

Nerds had better get their pocketbooks ready for a Star Wars dry run: While presumably not the super-duper mega version of the six Star Wars films Lucasfilm promises will arrive in the next few years, November 1 st will bring the release of six different products: Widescreen and full-frame editions of Revenge of the Sith ; widescreen and full-frame Episodes I-III box sets; and widescreen and full-frame Episodes I-VI sets. No word yet on special features or anything, but stay tuned to DVDFile for news as it comes in…

"May the force be with you!"
Author
Time

Originally posted by: Jay
The only thing I really want is a remastered TPM. The transfer on that DVD is horrible and nowhere near as clean as AOTC and, presumably, ROTS.

I also think the ESB puppet Yoda is the most believable Yoda, but a CGI Yoda in TPM would be more consistent with AOTC and ROTS.

I'm hesitant to buy any Star Wars box sets, new content or not, due to the impending release of BluRay and HD-DVD. Lucas took his time with the DVD release of the OT so he could do some more work, but I think the HD releases will hit the market much sooner.

I've heard about the BluRay and HD-DVD quite some time ago. The new DVD players that will play the BluRay and HD-DVD BETTER be able to play the old standard DVDs, as well! Just the thought of replacing over 400 DVDs with the new ones ... ugh.
Author
Time

Originally posted by: Jay

Lucas took his time with the DVD release of the OT so he could do some more work, but I think the HD releases will hit the market much sooner.

The more I read the ROTS Making of Book, the more I get the impression that the OT DVD release was a money thing, nothing more, nothing less.

If anything is changed on these DVDs in the fall, I bet they correct some of the audio problems, but that's about it. Everything else, you'll have to wait for the next batch.
The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time
I don't understand, how does the ROTS Making of Book have anything to do with the release of the OT on DVD?

Can you give details?
Author
Time

Originally posted by: Seiji
I don't understand, how does the ROTS Making of Book have anything to do with the release of the OT on DVD?

Can you give details?

There is a timeline at the bottom of most pages telling you what is going on 'outside the huddle' at the same time as what is going on in EPIII. The cost of the digital shots and reshoots was climbing each day as they went on with the film.
Author
Time
So, you're saying they just didn't have the funds at the moment to remaster the OT and release it?

By the way, how much was the whole production of Episode III? I'm just curious because a film like Terminator 2 was around 100 million to make and that was over 10 years ago!

I saw on CNN it made 14.4 million this weekend, third at the box office, and like 331 million world wide.

Crazy.
Author
Time

Originally posted by: PSYCHO_DAYV
OBI-WONTON,

I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE BACKGROUND ON WHAT I DO. I'M IN THE MOVIE/ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. THE INFORMATION THAT I GET IS OFFICIAL. I DO NOT POST FALSE INFORMATION ON HERE. I DO POST SPECULATIONS ON MY PART, AND WHEN I DO THAT I LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT IT IS PURELY SPECULATION. WHAT I POSTED BEFORE WAS NOT SPECULATION.

BTW, X-BOX WILL NOT BE RUNNING HD-DVD OR BLU-RAY ON THE X-BOX 360*. I'LL HAVE MORE INFORMATION ON THAT IN THE "PSYCHO INSIDER."

Psycho Dayv... I said in my post that X-box will lack a next-gen DVD and said PS3 will have blu-ray, blu-ray will store more, and toshiba has already entered talks to do combination drives or just make its standard for pc storage. Blu-ray is winning in the market and many movie companies are very reluctant to have a dual format, because they may choose the wrong one. The retail industry wants this decided before it starts.

I am glad you have the inside track and look forward to hearing more. I've read in many places what I posted and it seems very logical. Now we all now GL is not always logical, but he does know how to make money.

Don't take any offense.
16 years I wait and this is what I get???
Author
Time

Originally posted by: Seiji
So, you're saying they just didn't have the funds at the moment to remaster the OT and release it?

By the way, how much was the whole production of Episode III? I'm just curious because a film like Terminator 2 was around 100 million to make and that was over 10 years ago!

I saw on CNN it made 14.4 million this weekend, third at the box office, and like 331 million world wide.

Crazy.

No, I'm saying they released the OT to make sure they had funds to complete ROTS. They wouldn't have had the people to work on remastering the OT, because everyone was behind schedule on getting the massive amounts of digital shots done for ROTS. Terminator was made for 100 million but I'm sure didn't have 1/10th the digital shots that ROTS had and was shot in 'the real world' meaning they could just walk onto an LA street and start shooting.