Sign In

4k77 released — Page 27

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I have a sound bar & subwoofer for my 4k TV. The downside is that there’s not much to the sound when it comes to bass in the mono track, which is a bummer, considering I preferred watching it in mono.

On a side note, compared to 1.0 the results are night & day. 4k77 1.4 looks even better.

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

canofhumdingers said:

Well, that’ll be my next option I suppose. Disc 3 (just the film itself with no fluff this time) is in process as we speak. Fingers crossed!

JEDIT:
Hooray! Dunno what was causing problems with the intro videos, and while it would’ve been cool to have those, I’m just glad I don’t have a third coaster. Looks like I’ll just keep it simple in the future when muxing iso files.

If you weren’t doing so already, I would try multiAVCHD next time for multiple clips. But it’s possible one wasn’t compliant (multi should tell you and give the option of reencoding, though).

Author
Time

skywalkerfan101 said:

I have a sound bar & subwoofer for my 4k TV. The downside is that there’s not much to the sound when it comes to bass in the mono track, which is a bummer, considering I preferred watching it in mono.

On a side note, compared to 1.0 the results are night & day. 4k77 1.4 looks even better.

I wonder if mixing the LFE track from Hairy_Hen’s 5.1 mix into the mono track would be ass.

Author
Time

That would probably sound extremely bizarre. The placement and dynamics of the LFE are quite specifically tuned to what is going on in the main channels of the 70mm soundtrack. With the mono being entirely different, you’d most likely end up with a bass track that is weirdly disconnected from the rest of the mix…

Author
Time

I pop back in from time to time.
I noticed on the usual source, there was a color corrected version 1.4 (by Sanjury) of 4K77 (saw one for 4K83 as well).
Before I’d burn a physical copy rather than mkv, are these considered “final” versions or is anyone still tweaking them?

I may get the blu-ray .iso anyway as the 4K83 mkv file started to stutter quite a bit near the end of the movie.
Amazing, just amazing to see the work that’s been done on these and it makes the kid in me very happy to see them in their original form! Thanks all who contributed and shared.

Author
Time

This might be a silly question, why can we see more picture information on the Silver Screen Edition but 4K77 is cropped? Is it because you used a different film stock (Technicolor, LPP, etc.) or did you want the film to look how it was presented in the cinemas? This maybe a silly question but it does not hurt to ask questions 😃

Author
Time

Has anyone heard anything about the Skymaster version lately, or know where I can seek out news? I’m hoping to scope it out for my ANH project that’s nearly finished.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Skymaster version lately, or know where I can seek out news? I’m hoping to scope it out for my ANH project that’s nearly finished.

the 4K77 forums.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Skymaster version lately, or know where I can seek out news? I’m hoping to scope it out for my ANH project that’s nearly finished.

Most recently he’s taken a detour to apply his DNR settings to Sanjuro’s color grade of 4K83, and once he’s finished with that (which shouldn’t take too long) he’ll get back to SkyMaster.

My guess is end of June for SkyMaster beta release, but that’s just a guess.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Thanks for the clarification and prognostication!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Any idea where a new user could find 4K77 v1.4? Also 4K83 v1.1 while I’m at it. Trying to find a torrent site for these. Myspleen has them I’ve heard, but that is closed to new people.

Thanks.

Author
Time

DB2 said:

Any idea where a new user could find 4K77 v1.4? Also 4K83 v1.1 while I’m at it. Trying to find a torrent site for these. Myspleen has them I’ve heard, but that is closed to new people.

Thanks.

I managed to find it on binsearch.info , just search 4k77 or 4k83 and you’ll find a handful of different versions. Once you download the one you want you’ll have an .nzb file of the movie, which you’d drop into your usenet downloader (BinBar, SABnzbd, etc). Then it’ll process the .nzb and give you a playable video file.

Author
Time

Booman said:

DB2 said:

Any idea where a new user could find 4K77 v1.4? Also 4K83 v1.1 while I’m at it. Trying to find a torrent site for these. Myspleen has them I’ve heard, but that is closed to new people.

Thanks.

I managed to find it on binsearch.info , just search 4k77 or 4k83 and you’ll find a handful of different versions. Once you download the one you want you’ll have an .nzb file of the movie, which you’d drop into your usenet downloader (BinBar, SABnzbd, etc). Then it’ll process the .nzb and give you a playable video file.

But they are the v 1.0. and many have parts missing.

Author
Time

Got this and watched for the first time… Wow, unbelievable. What an amazing job, to everyone concerned!

So awesome to be able to watch the ORIGINAL version of this movie, with all its imperfections.

Thank you to team 4k77 and everyone who contributed. This is incredible!

Author
Time

Will 4K77 get a color correction that is close to Harmy’s Despecialized Edition Colors?

Author
Time

JonathanArthur19 said:

Will 4K77 get a color correction that is close to Harmy’s Despecialized Edition Colors?

I recommend checking out this thread for what is currently considered the top color correction project of the film. This color timing will eventually be applied to a future version of 4K77.

Help finish ROTJ: Revisited!

Author
Time

Is there anyone who may possibly be able to assist me in acquiring disc copies of 4k77 and 4k83? I can provide whatever materials necessary, I just do not possess the means to obtain and burn these projects myself.